Louisville Basketball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Louisville Basketball

Yeah, I think Jay Wright is overrated as a coach. Yeah I agree, I think 4 losses, maybe even 5 might win the BE.

Notre Dame is such a good outside shooting team. McaLarney was automatic from downtown. He shot us right out of that 2-3 zone. Luckily we clamped down on him in the second half and OT. Playing them up there on Feb. 12 will be interesting.

notre dame gets way to many calls at their place. I know uconn plays there i think next sat at thier place. i would love to be the team that ends that stupid home winning streak of theirs...pitt is beatable, u have to beat their defense down the court and mus and this is a big must keep blair off the boards..let that kid jennings defend him and use some fouls...also their guard play is not as great as everyone thinks..fields will turn it over here and there..good luck vs pitt

For this Saturday's game against #1 Pitt:

The University of Louisville will honor its 1983 NCAA Final Four team at halftime of the Cardinals' Jan. 17 game against Pittsburgh. Prior to the game, members of the team will be available for autographs in Freedom Hall from 430-5:30 p.m. A commemorative poster will be available as an insert in Saturday's game program.

The 1982-83 Cardinals posted a 32-4 record, won the Metro Conference title with a perfect 12-0 mark, and won its last 16 straight games before falling to Houston in the NCAA national semifinals. That game, which featured U of L's "Doctors of Dunk" against the Cougars' "Phi Slamma Jamma," is the highest rated college basketball game other than a national title game.

Four of the five members of the starting five from that team and at least five additional team members are expected to attend the event, in addition to Hall of Fame Coach Denny Crum.

Guard Milt Wagner, leading scorer on that team and the Cards' No. 5 all-time scorer (1,836 pts.), will be unable to attend as he currently serves as an assistant coach at UTEP. UTEP plays at East Carolina on Jan. 17.

I love the '83 team. They beat UK in the regionals that year on their way to the Final Four. It was the first time in like 25 years that we had played UK because they refused to play us even though Denny kept trying to schedule them.

That game against Houston is one of the few college basketball games that lived up to its hype.

69 - 63

There will be a new #1 team in the land on Monday.

GO CARDS!!!

They've beaten 3 ranked teams in a row haven't they?

Dook probably ends up at 1 to start this week, but there's no reason that Louisville shouldn't be top 5. They're playing unreal ball right now.

i think wake should be # 1 ..i so puke vs gtown on sat and came awya not impressed...a physical team w/ good insdie presence can beat them..i think the cards move from # 20 to atleast # 10...some where in that direction

Duke's main problem has been that they can't get consistent play from the frontcourt. They have that Zoubek guy, but he's a stiff.

They'll lose in the first two rounds of the tourney again. Year in and year out, they're the most overrated team in America.

Yeah, Duke hasn't been overly impressive since the late 1990's. They haven't had a real dynamic big man in quite sometime. I guess you could count Sheldon Williams, but he's wasn't dynamic on the offensive end of the court. They're just a solid team that isn't flashy enough to garner much attention anymore. They'll have another early exit from the big dance in March.

I suspect U of L will be ranked at #10 or #9 when the polls come out today. That's just where they need to be right now. They play at Rutgers on Wednesday night and then have a tough one at 'Cuse on Sunday. I expect them to beat Rutgers, but I think they'll lose to 'Cuse.

I think the last decent big guy that Dook had was Battier or Boozer. Not much since.

UL could easily win their next two games. Rutgers isn't that great, and Syracuse is overrated.

I think the last decent big guy that Dook had was Battier or Boozer. Not much since.

UL could easily win their next two games. Rutgers isn't that great, and Syracuse is overrated.

Overrated for where they are ranked now, yes. But they're still a very good team and they're playing at home. We have been playing well on the road as most defensive teams do, but we've got to lose sometime and I think at Syracuse is going to be the first one. I think a home loss to UConn (Feb. 2) is a possiblity and an away loss to G-town (Feb. 23) is possible too. At ND (Feb. 12), at Cincy (Feb. 21) and home against Marquette (March 1) are games we should win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us lose.

Overrated for where they are ranked now, yes. But they're still a very good team and they're playing at home. We have been playing well on the road as most defensive teams do, but we've got to lose sometime and I think at Syracuse is going to be the first one. I think a home loss to UConn (Feb. 2) is a possiblity and an away loss to G-town (Feb. 23) is possible too. At ND (Feb. 12), at Cincy (Feb. 21) and home against Marquette (March 1) are games we should win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us lose.

I think u can beat my Huskies, something about them..i cant put my finger on it but they r not playing as well as they should...beat the hall by 15 should of crushed them by 25 or more...

I think u can beat my Huskies, something about them..i cant put my finger on it but they r not playing as well as they should...beat the hall by 15 should of crushed them by 25 or more...

To be honest I haven't seen UConn yet this season. I keep meaning to catch one of their games, but I've been so busy over the past few weeks.

The 'Cuse goes down. Another road Big East win. The offense is starting to come around. They didn't shoot very well in the second half of this game, but the shooting has steadily improved over the past few games.

I've never been a big Terence Williams fan. I always thought his game was too erratic. He was just as likely to throw the ball in the 3rd row as we was hitting an open teammate with a chest pass. He fell in love with his jumpshot even though he wasn't a great shooter because he lacked touch. I don't know what they did to his shot, but he has touch on all of his jumpshots that he never has had before. He's still not an all-world shooter, but he's reliable. His errant passes have gone down as well. He's playing like an All-American right now, and sometime before the season is over he's going to have a triple-double or 2.

This team is looking better every game. They'll stumble along the way somewhere, but they are a national title contender.

The 'Cuse goes down. Another road Big East win. The offense is starting to come around. They didn't shoot very well in the second half of this game, but the shooting has steadily improved over the past few games.

I've never been a big Terence Williams fan. I always thought his game was too erratic. He was just as likely to throw the ball in the 3rd row as we was hitting an open teammate with a chest pass. He fell in love with his jumpshot even though he wasn't a great shooter because he lacked touch. I don't know what they did to his shot, but he has touch on all of his jumpshots that he never has had before. He's still not an all-world shooter, but he's reliable. His errant passes have gone down as well. He's playing like an All-American right now, and sometime before the season is over he's going to have a triple-double or 2.

This team is looking better every game. They'll stumble along the way somewhere, but they are a national title contender.

very nice win..but how about some credit to my huskies...told u notre dame was a joke..they r a two headed monster and kyle stunk it up last night...that mon game in two weeks might be aweosme with a captila A ..

very nice win..but how about some credit to my huskies...told u notre dame was a joke..they r a two headed monster and kyle stunk it up last night...that mon game in two weeks might be aweosme with a captila A ..

Yep that was a good win by UConn. ND lacks athleticism so if they have an off night shooting the basketball then they're cooked.

I'll be there February 2. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom