**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread**

Kdawg954 said:
If Rutgers goes undefeated . . . they should have a shot at the BCS title . . . I think alot of voters are going to rank them much higher if they go undefeated . . . probably not high enough for a top 2 spot, but they will be in the talks . . .. what a win, knew they had a good team at the beginning . . .but man, they played their *** off tonight.

West Va is gonna be a tuffer opponet for them IMO, but hey . . . this is their year, they can beat anybody.

i dont think they will get a shot at the title unless florida goes down

i mean florida was #2 and lost at auburn in a close game and they fell something like 7 spots

i think they move top 10 but i think if florida wins this week and next week and when michigan/ohio st plays the gators will be #2 in the bcs standings after november 18th

Motion said:
How do you figure? Neither has as near as hard of schedule as Florida.

If USC wins out they beat #20 Oregon,#11 Arkansas, #9 Notre Dame, #8 Cal. Lose to #24 Oregon State at Oregon state and only by 2 pts. Their schedule is tougher and they dont dial for wins. I dont think they'll win out but if they do they should be considered to play for the national championship.

Texas just lost to only the #1 team in the nation OSU. Other then that they have been playing great since that lost. I predict them to be next year preseason #1 team.

Florida will be in the mix but what kind of out of conference schedule is UCF and Western Carolina. Dialing for wins. Schedule like that should hurt teams in ranking. Teams that play good out conference teams and dont dial for wins should be rewarded in the ranking.

dialing for wins? we had the #1 toughest schedule in the nation going into this season. :shakeno:

i'm not even worried about USC, they're going to lose at least one more game.

Amars said:
If USC wins out they beat #20 Oregon,#11 Arkansas, #9 Notre Dame, #8 Cal. Lose to #24 Oregon State at Oregon state and only by 2 pts. Their schedule is tougher and they dont dial for wins.

Texas just lost to only the #1 team in the nation OSU. Other then that they have been playing great since that lost. I predict them to be next year preseason #1 team.

Florida will be in the mix but what kind of out of conference schedule is UCF and Western Carolina. Dialing for wins. Schedule like that should hurt teams in ranking. Teams that play good out conference teams and dont dial for wins should be rewarded in the ranking.

Oregon St ranking is misleading because they are only in the top 25 because they beat USC. I think USC loses atleast 1 more game anyway, but if they do run the table they have to get consideration for the title game. Just dont think the Oregon St ranking really counts.

brandon1986 said:
i dont think they will get a shot at the title unless florida goes down

i mean florida was #2 and lost at auburn in a close game and they fell something like 7 spots

i think they move top 10 but i think if florida wins this week and next week and when michigan/ohio st plays the gators will be #2 in the bcs standings after november 18th

True, but the polls take up a good percentage of the BCS tally . . . I mean isn't it possible for the voters from the AP and Coaches poll to move Rutgers all the way up to number 2 . . .if they go undefeated? If that happens . . .along with wins over a number 3 Louiville team and a top 10 West Va team . . . I would have to think that may be strong enuff to atleast consider them.

However u are right . . if Florida wins out, with that schedule . . . then u almost gotta put them in the title game, tho it wouldn't be fair to RU either. Very FLAWED system.

Rutgers is for real, believe it!

I loved that sign in the stands, the Rodney Dangerfield one.

ESPN, SHOW US SOME RESPECT!

Amars said:
If USC wins out they beat #20 Oregon,#11 Arkansas, #9 Notre Dame, #8 Cal. Lose to #24 Oregon State at Oregon state and only by 2 pts. Their schedule is tougher and they dont dial for wins. I dont think they'll win out but if they do they should be considered to play for the national championship.

usc had played like crap before the oregon st game, and had almost got knocked off

they were shown to be a very inconsistent team

Kdawg954 said:
I mean isn't it possible for the voters from the AP and Coaches poll to move Rutgers all the way up to number 2 . . .if they go undefeated?
it SHOULD be possible, but voters never do that. it's why auburn was left out of the championship game in '04.

Amars said:

:lol: Dialing for wins? You gotta be kidding me. You wanna talk about out of conference schedules? How about in conference? No comparison period. Doesn't even matter, USC will lose at least one more.

Amars said:

You don't need a strong out of conference schedule when you're in the SEC. The PAC-10, unlike the SEC, sucks. USC has beaten one good team all year (Cal). IMO Notre Dame isn't very good and Arkansas isn't even one of the stronger teams in their own conference (The conference that is lead by UF). Florida has won three big rivalry games against LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia.

UF Fin Kat said:
dialing for wins? we had the #1 toughest schedule in the nation going into this season. :shakeno:

i'm not even worried about USC, they're going to lose at least one more game.

That because your in the SEC and you have to play SEC teams. Answer me this. How come you dont play any good team out of conference?

Back
Top Bottom