LSU/ASU Game Revealed PHINS Next QB!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU/ASU Game Revealed PHINS Next QB!!!

PALMA

A very famous spit
Reaction score
Anyone who saw SAM KELLER tonight from ASU would certainly agree. The man put up over FOUR HUNDRED yards and FOUR scores against the mighty TIGERS!

Keller is pretty damn good he has great vision of the field and never lacks confidence. Watch this guy this year and you will see he is ready for the next step. he is the real deal.

Interesting. I guess I'll have to catch an ASU game at some point.

Omar Jacobs vs. Ball State....27 of 43 for 428 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT. Just another day at the office.

How's this for a Heisman watch...through two games Jacobs is 57 of 94 (60.6%) for 886 yards, 10 TDs, and 2 INTs. His NFL passer rating is 118.5, granted he amassed these stats against Wisconsin and Ball State...

ckparrothead said:
Interesting. I guess I'll have to catch an ASU game at some point.

Omar Jacobs vs. Ball State....27 of 43 for 428 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT. Just another day at the office.

How's this for a Heisman watch...through two games Jacobs is 57 of 94 (60.6%) for 886 yards, 10 TDs, and 2 INTs. His NFL passer rating is 118.5, granted he amassed these stats against Wisconsin and Ball State...

I think he had a couple of drive killing fumbles (at least one I know of). This is one were the stats are a little deceiving

76AZFINFAN said:
Keller is pretty damn good he has great vision of the field and never lacks confidence. Watch this guy this year and you will see he is ready for the next step. he is the real deal.

I'll definitely keep an eye on him. He wasnt on my radar before.

Hard to tell. The stats on the game are hazy at best. I can only discern that Bowling Green did lose 3 fumbles, but not who was responsible for them. Still, the way their OL played against Wisconsin last week, I would not be too quick to start making Zwick accusations at Omar Jacobs or anything. When your OL sucks and gives up sacks, you expect fumbles to happen too.

in week 1 although against temple he threw for 208 yds and 4 tds. but the team did run for 300 yds.

Oh no I'm not making accusations. He's obviously pro material. I happened to be listening to the game on yahoo for the first half. Once again the receivers apparently had some amazing catches from how the announcers were raving about them. Jacobs definitely moved the ball against Ball State. But I believe he had two fumbles in the first half. One I definitely remember was when Bowling Green was going in for a touchdown and he fumbled on the 5 or 10 yd line. I usually dont really start analyzing the quarterback position until the 3rd game. That's usually long enough to work out the offseason kinks

i am talking about keller. also he did do this tonight against LSU #5 team in the country not some powder puff school.

Oh, and I wasn't sure about this last week when Jacobs faced Wisconsin because it was the first game of the year, but I think for Jacobs to have done what he did against Wisconsin (42 points with another TD in the bag during the closing seconds but since they were down 14 there was no urgency about scoring it so they didn't get it) was impressive considering the D that Wisconsin has.

Wisconsin just pasted Temple 62-0. I mean seriously their QBs completed 6 of 26 passes for 58 yards and an interception. As a team they ran for -2 yards. I know Temple isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, but last week against ASU they did manage to throw for 200 yards and run for 63 yards, scoring 14 points in the process.

I mean COME ON. Give Jacobs some PROPS. He went score-for-score with Wisconsin despite them having a he||a good defense, threw for 450 yards and 5 TDs with only 1 INT.

I love Keller. i was on that bandwagon before last years sunbowl when he led the comeback after Andrew Walter was injured. Whatever "it" is, Keller has a lot of it. But hes only a soph.

adamprez2003 said:
Oh no I'm not making accusations. He's obviously pro material. I happened to be listening to the game on yahoo for the first half. Once again the receivers apparently had some amazing catches from how the announcers were raving about them. Jacobs definitely moved the ball against Ball State. But I believe he had two fumbles in the first half. One I definitely remember was when Bowling Green was going in for a touchdown and he fumbled on the 5 or 10 yd line. I usually dont really start analyzing the quarterback position until the 3rd game. That's usually long enough to work out the offseason kinks

I try to resist explaining QBs' performances by talking about their receivers having amazing catches etc. Certainly it factors into it, but it also means the QB put it in a spot where the WR was able to make a play on the ball. By no means should it ever be considered a negative for the QB. Against Wisconsin, on the other hand, receivers had a number of drops on well-thrown Jacobs passes. As Saban said, if the ball isn't caught you didn't throw it well enough. You take the good with the bad.

Back
Top Bottom