LT a major concern...Again. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LT a major concern...Again.

Joe Toledo will start
Hes a Gaurd.

As for the poster before who said we should take Joe Staley in the 2nd. Joe Staley would be a great pick, however, the knock on him is that hes probably gonna need atleast one year to bulk up. He's still making the transition physically from TE to LT.

All that said, his footwork is great, his power is awesome, his size is perfect. Its gonna take a little time but he'll become a franchise LT IMO.

Hes a Gaurd.

As for the poster before who said we should take Joe Staley in the 2nd. Joe Staley would be a great pick, however, the knock on him is that hes probably gonna need atleast one year to bulk up. He's still making the transition physically from TE to LT.

All that said, his footwork is great, his power is awesome, his size is perfect. Its gonna take a little time but he'll become a franchise LT IMO.

Ive seen Staley projected as high as # 20 in some mock drafts i agree he could be realll good :cooldude:

I'd be happy with that, from what i've read Stanton is a sleeper:dolphins:

Lol yeah you and everyone else and their moms. I think the entire league wants to take Stanton in the second, or at least this entire site :lol:

Levi Brown is the second best ready to start T in the draft, but there are concerns he may be better as a RT than LT in the league, and just that he wont be a franchise type guy that you need to take in a top 10 slot. Thats why hes not worth the reach, even if hes a need.
And then there is some fantastic OL depth here. Maybe not chock full of ready made superstars, but definately some MAJOR potential in guys like Staley, Sears, Ugoh, Blalock, Kalil etc etc.

With Houck as our OL coach im happy whatever direction we go, I think HH is gonna do a fine job whatever cards hes dealt.

Lol yeah you and everyone else and their moms. I think the entire league wants to take Stanton in the second, or at least this entire site :lol:

Levi Brown is the second best ready to start T in the draft, but there are concerns he may be better as a RT than LT in the league, and just that he wont be a franchise type guy that you need to take in a top 10 slot. Thats why hes not worth the reach, even if hes a need.
And then there is some fantastic OL depth here. Maybe not chock full of ready made superstars, but definately some MAJOR potential in guys like Staley, Sears, Ugoh, Blalock, Kalil etc etc.

With Houck as our OL coach im happy whatever direction we go, I think HH is gonna do a fine job whatever cards hes dealt.

read ggod things on staley and kalil both have first round potential love to snag both of em if possible

Joe Toledo will start

Absolutely Toledo will start... when healthy! However, he's the Eddie Moore (remember injured Ed?) of offensive lineman. I have to say when you see big Joe movin' around on crutches, you have to be impressed with his size.

Okay, we're not getting Joe Thomas. Levi Brown is not worth the No. 9 pick.
There are no Free Agents we can sign now. Alabi can't cut it at LT. It looks like another season without a good Left Tackle and I am very concerned. Can anyone guess what this team is going to do at LT? because I'm clueless at this point. I hate to say it but we should have kept McIntosh until we were able to land a blue chip Tackle.

Looking over the depth chart, I would say that Shelton will slide back to RG, Jacox will be at LG, Toledo and Stevenson will be the backup Guards. Alibi will be the starting LT unless we draft someone that can supplant him. I believe the plan at that point will be to draft a couple more tackles. If we could get Staley that would be fantastic. If not, I like Barbre and Hall in the later rounds. Both are off the radar and somewhat unknown, but both are fast and very athletic and have a great shot at unseating Alibi IMO. At the very least would give us the depth. See my mock in my sig. :evil:

Okay, we're not getting Joe Thomas. Levi Brown is not worth the No. 9 pick.
There are no Free Agents we can sign now. Alabi can't cut it at LT. It looks like another season without a good Left Tackle and I am very concerned. Can anyone guess what this team is going to do at LT? because I'm clueless at this point. I hate to say it but we should have kept McIntosh until we were able to land a blue chip Tackle.

No we shouldnt have kept DMac. He isnt any better than Shelton, so we cut ties. The thought is that MIA will move Shelton, who is better than DMac, to LT if Alabi isn't the future.

I've read that MIA sees Alabi as a RT. So if this is so, he will only be Carey's backup. That's his future.

So what it looks like is that MIA will move Shelton to LT and draft a young guy to groom.

They like Staley better than Brown. So kiss Brown good bye.

I see MIA drafting a LT prospect to develop behind Shelton. Alabi is just Carey's backup.

I think MIA will draft a LT in the 2nd or 3rd round. Maybe even in the 4th.

But look for either Shelton at LT.... Or, if Alabi is ready to start at RT, Carey at LT. In this scenario, Shelton would remain at RG.

Back
Top Bottom