Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl

Only thing that'll help me sleep tonight is thinking about the **** hole of a situation luck just played himself into. 100% nfl ready but will have to sit for 2-3 years depending on manning? Absolutely horrid supporting cast that will be masked by Peyton as they get late first round picks. Luck finally starts and hes left with Collie, Tamme, a turnstyle oline, no defense at all, a retired mathis and freeny, an injured sanders, and Addai at age 40 running the ball for 3.2 ypc.

Damn i wish we had the #1 pick :'[
and Jim Caldwell as his coach...boy I would hate to be Luck looking at that right now.

fellas a qb the caliber of a peyton manning or what likely andrew luck will be means the colts outlook changes immediately...the sun is shining in lucas oil stadium right now...i can tell ya that

Im reaching big time here... but hear me out.

When everyone was on the suck 4 luck bandwagon, there were some who didn't go along with it, many using the reason, he could pull an Eli and request a trade cause he wouldnt want to be in our situation...

But with the Colts firing the Polians and luck having a good connection with a Polian, Manning coming back, that team being empty of talent... whats to stop luck from doing that to them?

And that's why he was the #1 overall pick. Elway left it all on the field, not his fault he never had a decent team around him in college. Just like it's not Marino's fault he never had a defense worth a crap.

marino was still better...shula just never gave him a running game or a d worth a damn...had he marino would have rings...

Im reaching big time here... but hear me out.

When everyone was on the suck 4 luck bandwagon, there were some who didn't go along with it, many using the reason, he could pull an Eli and request a trade cause he wouldnt want to be in our situation...

But with the Colts firing the Polians and luck having a good connection with a Polian, Manning coming back, that team being empty of talent... whats to stop luck from doing that to them?

he could try and what makes you think he greenlights miami given our current outlook???

Irsay never said he was taking Luck he said Manning isn't going anywhere and they would be inclined to take A QB. He also said he would take RG3.

Irsay said he would strongly consider drafting Luck and said he could sit Luck for a few years like Green Bay did with Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers. Reading between the lines, that sounds like a huge endorsement for drafting Luck.

Irsay said he would strongly consider drafting Luck and said he could sit Luck for a few years like Green Bay did with Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers. Reading between the lines, that sounds like a huge endorsement for drafting Luck.

He also gave a strong endorsement for RG3, we'll see what happens draft day. I see a lot of craziness happening the days leading up to it and the day of.

Get Gruden as HC. A true QB coach with all the sauve and talk to get Luck to really want to play here.

Sit behind an elite QB for 2-3 years, on a team that majorly lacks talent and has no defense to speak of, when you have the talent and ability to start and be good from day 1?

or

Start immediately for a team with a solid young and improving defense, 2 stud olineman, a big time WR, and a rb with big play potential

Im almost 100% positive, if in a vacuum given the choice between the indy situation and ours, he would take ours 11 times out of 10. Lets just hope he has the balls to speak up! Im reaching so badly lol

If the Colts draft Andrew Luck he's not sitting for two to three years. It's not happening.

Colts cannot afford to do that. They'll have to make their choice between Manning and Luck and they'll opt for Luck if they're smart.

I think the fins have a way better outlook than the colts, we got better talent across the board moreso than the colts.

i don't think so...as long as they have peyton manning provided he can play they're better off than we are...this game in this decade is all about the qb position...the rules are catered to it...you can't even hit seam busting te's anymore without getting penalties you can't touch wrs after 5 yards you get blocked into the qb down low at the legs you get a 15 yard penalty...this games all about the qb

i don't think so...as long as they have peyton manning provided he can play they're better off than we are...this game in this decade is all about the qb position...the rules are catered to it...you can't even hit seam busting te's anymore without getting penalties you can't touch wrs after 5 yards you get blocked into the qb down low at the legs you get a 15 yard penalty...this games all about the qb

ur missing the point big time.. and if you arent missing the point, then your crazy.

I think what your saying is the Colts with manning next year (luck on the bench) have a better outlook than the dolphins next year with someone like moore or flynn starting. I would agree.

But the point im trying to make is...

The colts with Luck (no peyton)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The dolphins with luck.

Period, end of story. Its almost not debatable.

ur missing the point big time.. and if you arent missing the point, then your crazy.

I think what your saying is the Colts with manning next year (luck on the bench) have a better outlook than the dolphins next year with someone like moore or flynn starting. I would agree.

But the point im trying to make is...

The colts with Luck (no peyton)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The dolphins with luck.

Period, end of story. Its almost not debatable.

i don't agree that the colts would not have manning and luck on the same roster...so no i'm not missing your point...i just don't think cause manning is there luck won't be or vice versa...but we'll see

Most people have the top QBs in this Draft (excluding Weeden) as Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Landry Jones and Nick Foles. Brandon Weeden has now faced all five of them, BEATEN all five of them AND OUT-PRODUCED all five of them in each of the games played.

I'm sorry but that counts for something because when you get right down to it there's a strong correlation between passing efficiency differential (offense minus defense), and winning football games. The goal of getting a really good QB is aimed specifically at that, the fact that if you pass better than the other guy during a game, you probably win. They don't just hand Super Bowl trophies to whoever is the best QB, and even though Tom Brady is considered better than a Phil Rivers you shouldn't be all that surprised when a Phil Rivers out-produces a Tom Brady and wins the game because Phil Rivers is that caliber a passer, and that's what you're looking for.

Well, no matter how much you notch up the competition in this Draft, Brandon Weeden has out-dueled that guy and beat him. That's what you're looking for, a guy that can do that on Sunday. Would I take Andrew Luck? Absolutely. I've been an Andrew Luck guy for approximately 26 months. But the chances are PRET-TY slim on that.

People talk about Weeden under pressure and in the pocket, his feet, etc. I don't get the criticism. It's what I like about him best. Or near as much. I also really love the confidence and aggression in his arm, and of course the accuracy and quality of the ball at all distances is second to maybe one. But under pressure he's extremely fluid in the pocket, always shuffling his feet. He doesn't try to hit homeruns with his scrambling ability. He tries to hit a lot of singles.

There was a perfect example and it happened to be on the one sack he took during the game. Stanford ran a disguised front where they had a lot of guys standing up and moving around just before the snap, then sent A gap pressure up the middle. A blitzer came right through the right side A gap barely touched. Weeden NEVER took his eyes off the field, and yet somehow he sensed that guy coming through and stepped one step to his left side, eyes still on the field, putting his tailback blocker directly in between Weeden and the blitzer. That was unbelievable in how natural and EFFECTIVE it was. I say effective because Weeden wasn't trying to hit a homerun with his scrambling ability, doing some ridiculous bit of scrambling out of the pocket, buying 3 to 5 more seconds and trying to unleash something deep. All he wanted to buy was 1 more second because that's all he felt he needed to get the ball out to the man he wanted.

Now, as it happens, on the play, the man he wanted ended up tightly covered and re-routed, and so Weeden had to pull down the ball and take a sack. But what's remarkable about the play is, here you've got this disguised blitz, disguised front, A gap blitzers and a guy coming right through the A gap untouched...and the resulting sack was a COVERAGE SACK. That's right, it was a COVERAGE SACK...because Weeden made the subtlest little move that bought him all the time he would have needed to throw that ball if his receiver hadn't been so thoroughly blasted by the coverage.

Do you know how Marino-esque that is?

And color me confused with all this continued criticism that if you get Weeden to move his feet he can't throw. That's some straight horse poopey. Does he lose the edge on his ridiculous accuracy/ball placement at all distances when he's moving around? Absolutely. Does just about every single quarterback not named Aaron Rodgers also lose the edge on their accuracy/ball placement when forced to move around? You're damn right.

What I notice about Weeden when he's moving around is he's a heck of a lot better athlete than people give him credit for. Look at that TD run. That was no easy run. He had to break tackles and run like a Wildcat QB, like he's Tim Tebow or something...but he still willed it in. I think what he lacks in this department is just REPS. I think if you got him into an offense where you asked him to do this more, he'd get better and better with it and then before you know it, who knows maybe you DO have an Aaron Rodgers on your hands as far as not losing accuracy/ball placement on the run.

Back
Top Bottom