Luck | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck

We won 6 games that year.

Anybody remember who they were?

We got the second rate prospect for winning 6 games.

Luck is a beast, he's better than most qbs in the NFL. Easily better than Matt Ryan and Flacco.

Luck is just awesome.

Luck is a beast, he's better than most qbs in the NFL. Easily better than Matt Ryan and Flacco.

Luck is just awesome.

I fully expect Luck to be the best QB in the league in two years, now Mr Rodgers might have something to say about it but I suspect it will be close.

I'm in awe at how good this guy is gonna be, and while I know the players and coaches did their jobs by not laying down I'll always have "what if" in the back of my mind

3 int's so far. People wanted him?

31052946-1.jpg

He may have started out having a bad game but it certainly didn't end that way. He is amazing!

I know this might have been said before, but it's one thing saying this before Luck has really played much or just starting his career like last year. But now with 2 years in and seeing the games he's won and comebacks and his style of play. I know he's replacing Manning and how some could make that comparison and he does do his own audible, but Luck's game is so much different from Manning's. Luck can move around and run while Manning is more like a surgeon dissecting defenses and so timing and precision based and mental. A lot of it is mental for Luck too. But am I the only one that see Andrew Luck if comparisons can be made to be similar to John Elway? I know he playd at Standford like John did. I'm not saying he is John as John is a HOF and Luck has much more seasons to play even be in that category. But there's a lot of similarities. Manning has always had the big stats. What people don't realize about elway is he was pretty good with TD to INT ratio, but not always the prettiest stats with that, but Elway found ways to win game.

Already so early Luck has carried his team and won so many comeback games already and from big deficits. Elway was known as mr comeback, and one of the most clutch qbs as far as rallying his broncos from big deficits in games. There is so much in relation. Oh yeah and like I said with the stats, Elway could or would not look so great sometimes early in the games and might throw some interceptions like luck did, but when crucial situations came and they needed a comeback, Elway would comeback and score td despite the Ints and rally for the Win. And Elway carried his Broncos withouth much of a ground game for many seasons.

Elway is a big qb, a big guy, but was pretty athletic. Some people might not remember, but Elway was quite the scrambler especially early in his career and could run or create time and space with his legs. Luck would by time and improvise with his legs like Elway would. Elway has a stronger arm though, while I think Luck is slightly faster than Elway was, but a lot of similarities. Which is a great sign for Colts fans for their qb to share a loit of similarities with a HOF qb like Elway.

Luck is a winner. It is the in-tangibles he does so well. You can not teach a QB instincts. Luck has the IQ and decision making skills of a champion.

Elway is a big qb, a big guy, but was pretty athletic. Some people might not remember, but Elway was quite the scrambler especially early in his career and could run or create time and space with his legs. Luck would by time and improvise with his legs like Elway would. Elway has a stronger arm though, while I think Luck is slightly faster than Elway was, but a lot of similarities. Which is a great sign for Colts fans for their qb to share a loit of similarities with a HOF qb like Elway.

I remember that a LOT, in fact he kept his team in the game MANY MANY MANY times in the 3 superbowl seasons that they lost by way of his feet alone. He knew when to run, and when to buy himself time, that type of pocket awareness is something that Luck has as well. Not many QBs ever develop it to that extent, it's something to behold when you get to see it firsthand.

what's missing in all of this is that if the qbs play in the first half and early 2nd half had gotten miami down 28 points there's no way we would have been able to come back...reason being two fold...the pass protection would have never held up for it to happen if teams knew we had to pass on every down pretty much and tannehill does not possess the same level pocket presence that luck does at this stage...

lucks play in the first half and early 2nd was poor frankly...2 of his 3 picks were flat terrible on the qb the first he expected the zone defender flowers to drop out but the other 2 were just balls either poorly placed or flat bad decision...he balled out the last quarter and a half though...worked the pocket like he owned it...

game turned on a fumbe recovery that was not secured til the colts player had rolled on the white with his entire body pretty much...a call that should have been overturned...but no doubt the momentum changer

how dare you question andrew lucks play hoops....

funny thing is, I will bet a great deal of money that nobody on the colts board would be questioning luck, regardless of the outcome of that game!

how dare you question andrew lucks play hoops....

funny thing is, I will bet a great deal of money that nobody on the colts board would be questioning luck, regardless of the outcome of that game!

They were trashing him and calling him a bust a few weeks ago. Which was crazy. They were saying they should have taken Wilson. I'm not even making this up -- I think I even posted some quotes from a couple of Colts boards.

Luck is a special player.

what's missing in all of this is that if the qbs play in the first half and early 2nd half had gotten miami down 28 points there's no way we would have been able to come back...reason being two fold...the pass protection would have never held up for it to happen if teams knew we had to pass on every down pretty much and tannehill does not possess the same level pocket presence that luck does at this stage...

lucks play in the first half and early 2nd was poor frankly...2 of his 3 picks were flat terrible on the qb the first he expected the zone defender flowers to drop out but the other 2 were just balls either poorly placed or flat bad decision...he balled out the last quarter and a half though...worked the pocket like he owned it...

game turned on a fumbe recovery that was not secured til the colts player had rolled on the white with his entire body pretty much...a call that should have been overturned...but no doubt the momentum changer

One of Luck's passes though was not his fault though. The pass was a little behind, but the ball hit the Wrs hand and he couldn't hold on to it and it bobbbled and bounced to the nearby chiefs player. But if it hits your hands you catch it. It was definitely a catchable ball.

Luck was just plain awful at times during that game for sure. Can def say I'm looking forward to next year though.

Back
Top Bottom