Madmic21's Realistic look at Game 1. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madmic21's Realistic look at Game 1.

I only got to listen to the game, but the announcers said something about a pretty good wind during the 2nd bad punt. How much of factor was the wind during the missed field goal and the 2 bad punts? The announcers made it sound like the 2 bad punts were into the wind, and that was the reason they were so short. Nobody mentioned the wind on the missed FG.

I don't really know how much of a factor the wind was in that particular attempt, but it was a long 46 and Carpenter pushed it to one side, whether it was wind or if he was compensating for wind that he didn't end up getting I don't know. Either way, this wasn't a gimme, even though people trying to prop Henne's performance will mention this as a missed opportunity.

I don't really know how much of a factor the wind was in that particular attempt, but it was a long 46 and Carpenter pushed it to one side, whether it was wind or if he was compensating for wind that he didn't end up getting I don't know. Either way, this wasn't a gimme, even though people trying to prop Henne's performance will mention this as a missed opportunity.
I too, was a bit confused about our lackluster kicking and assumed it had to be the wind. I would definitely like to hear some comment on an aggressive wind... just to help me sleep tonight.

I too, was a bit confused about our lackluster kicking and assumed it had to be the wind. I would definitely like to hear some comment on an aggressive wind... just to help me sleep tonight.

Carpenter made the Pro Bowl and has been money in the past. That should help you sleep.

If I were to make an honest assement I would have not blamed the kicking issue on wind. Was there wind? Yes. Was it enough to really make an excuse? No.

If I were to make an honest assement I would have not blamed the kicking issue on wind. Was there wind? Yes. Was it enough to really make an excuse? No.

Thanks! Only getting to listen to the game I can only go by what the announcers were reporting. Sounds to me like they were trying to make excuses for the bad punts.

Love the positivity... I think that our O just needs a little more umph... some of what is lacking is coming from Henning and the play calling... was a little disapointed with that... What makes me smile is that even though we didnt kill the Jills ont he score board we didnt make any major mistakes on offence...

and other than a bruise to Odrick we were without any injuries as far as I could tell...

Bottom line is that despite a relitively low score this game is a devision WIN ON THE ROAD and all of those games are tough... I for one am smiling tonight...

Back
Top Bottom