Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

Brandon Graham, you know, the MVP of the senior bowl would be fine by me.
We need a strong side OLB. Jason Worilds is a bad *** at that spot also.

I don't honestly think Brandon Graham is a SOLB at the next level.

i dont think they will ban you for that thought.

board gurus have there privledges i guess!!! :)

I don't honestly think Brandon Graham is a SOLB at the next level.

I strongly disagree with you... but i probably haven't seen more film on him than you did... but based on:

1- his senior bowl performance
2- his measurables (size, strenght, speed, bending the ark well, etc. etc.)
3- his motor
4- the fact that he played linebacker in high school

i think he can play that position without a doubt... although he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE (I'd love to see him pass rush without his hands in the dirt... but again, if he played linebacker in high school he does have that "2 point stance" experience )

CK, curious what do you see Graham as in the NFL?, I feel he fits best as a 4-3 DE ala D.Freeney.

Whats your take?

I could see that, definitely.

I'm just not sure I see the body flexibility and frame. But, who knows.

CK, curious what do you see Graham as in the NFL?, I feel he fits best as a 4-3 DE ala D.Freeney.

Whats your take?

Because of his measurements, I think he might be a better fit as an NFL 3-4 OLB. He has one of the shortest pair of arms in this upcoming draft which will make it hard for him to get around NFL left tackles from the DE position. He needs to be played like the Steelers do with LaMarr Woodley.

I strongly disagree with you... but i probably haven't seen more film on him than you did... but based on:

1- his senior bowl performance
2- his measurables (size, strenght, speed, bending the ark well, etc. etc.)
3- his motor
4- the fact that he played linebacker in high school

i think he can play that position without a doubt... although he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE (I'd love to see him pass rush without his hands in the dirt... but again, if he played linebacker in high school he does have that "2 point stance" experience )

Actually I think he's inconsistent at getting small while turning the corner.

He does have a good motor. He's got good speed. With those handy, he'll have a leg up on a lot of guys as he tries to play linebacker.

Does he really have the frame or body flexibility to dominate a Tight End, though? Yeah. he's got a solid build, but you need long arms and some length to you if you want to defend a 6'6" guy like Jermaine Gresham. I don't know. It's an open question/debate for me. I'm just tempted throw him at RDE or ROLB and let him do what he does BEST and what has been basically his number single-minded responsibility since playing for Michigan...penetrate the line and make plays in the backfield.

Hahaha. This thread is Epic. The buss stops, the caliper, the uncle-developed 17-point matrix, I love it all.

HEY EVERYONE!!!! Your highness will be coming back tomorrow with more insight. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ENLIGHTENED!!! :p4286:

:dance::dancing:

Actually I think he's inconsistent at getting small while turning the corner.

He does have a good motor. He's got good speed. With those handy, he'll have a leg up on a lot of guys as he tries to play linebacker.

Does he really have the frame or body flexibility to dominate a Tight End, though? Yeah. he's got a solid build, but you need long arms and some length to you if you want to defend a 6'6" guy like Jermaine Gresham. I don't know. It's an open question/debate for me. I'm just tempted throw him at RDE or ROLB and let him do what he does BEST and what has been basically his number single-minded responsibility since playing for Michigan...penetrate the line and make plays in the backfield.

yeah... but you know, you'll rarely find a perfect prospect... and usually, pass rushers aren't accustomed to covering people... why i think graham could devellop in that aspect of the game (more than others) is his experience at linebacker...

not saying it's a gimme, but i think he could devellop that skill, and dolphins coaches would have to concentrate only on that as he's already a solid pass rusher and overall edge player

* on a sidenote, i guess that's why parcells likes linebackers who have a basketball pedigree... those tall guys have good feet and know how to "guard" someone in a limited space *

Back
Top Bottom