Mando Article: Philbin Free Agency on Table | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Article: Philbin Free Agency on Table

The Egnew pick is widely attributed to Philbin. While I think he has done a great job coaching a 3-4 win team to 7 wins with awful talent, the Egnew pick doesn't exactly breed confidence in his ability to judge talent.

I am not confident that Egnew can turn it around, but people absolutely have to remember that it takes most players a couple of years to really pick it up. Either they reach the potential coaches thought or they do not. You can pick any team and you can find guys who dont make the team drafted anywhere's in the draft. There is also fit.

PHILBIN ONLY BUILDS THROUGH THE DRAFT!!! Isn't that what I've heard here all year like some strange cultish chant? Even though it was obviously the same mantra everyone in the league spouts. He wants to improve the team. He'll explore every avenue to do so. I like the fact that Philbin is involved in personnel. There was a significant improvement in the quality of this last draft and I'd like to believe he had a large part to play in that.

Joe isn't stupid. There are proven commodities out there who will be available in free agency. One of these proven commodities is a guy Joe coached for several years and knows exactly what he can and can't do, and how he would fit into our offensive scheme. The team has a ridiculous amount of money available to play with. This team would have to want to continue losing games to refuse to go after these guys.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/12/joe-philbin-free-agency-on-the-table.html

The article has a lot more than saying Joe is willing to get involved in FA. I always thought he would want to even though people around here saying he would not.

However, what is best about this article is I think Joe has it down on what the team needs to do to improve. I love that he is talking about turnover margin and simply finding more ways to score points.

While I worry about Jeff Ireland in the offseason, I trust Joe Philbin and his staff's assessment skills. I feel Joe has a very good "football compass".

BTW, I was killed on this site this past summer for simply saying that Joe is in fact very involved in personnel decisions. I was told it was ALL Jeff Ireland. Well, based on Joe's words himself from this presser it seems that Joe has a ton of input on all things regarding the roster. At the very leas, the Fins seem to be a consensus driven organization.

Good, because I trust Joe Philbin more on talent evaluation than I do Jeff Ireland.

Don't think he will do much in free agency he has said before packers built through the draft not free agency. I think he is going the same route
If Philbin gets stupid like that then he will get fired. We don't have Ted Thompson and this ain't Green Bay.

The Egnew pick is widely attributed to Philbin. While I think he has done a great job coaching a 3-4 win team to 7 wins with awful talent, the Egnew pick doesn't exactly breed confidence in his ability to judge talent.
Lolol and Ireland does??

Back
Top Bottom