Manning would be the wrong move for miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning would be the wrong move for miami

I agree the risks attached to bringing in PM is high compared to the possible short term reward! We have a new coach lets have a fresh start if he wants to go with Flynn then so be it! this is Phibin's system he should be given the chance to bring the players in that he believes will give the fins the best chance to win now and in the future!I do not see how putting all the cap money into one player that no one really knows will be able to play at a high level would be in teams best interest.

I agree the risks attached to bringing in PM is high compared to the possible short term reward! We have a new coach lets have a fresh start if he wants to go with Flynn then so be it! this is Phibin's system he should be given the chance to bring the players in that he believes will give the fins the best chance to win now and in the future!I do not see how putting all the cap money into one player that no one really knows will be able to play at a high level would be in teams best interest.

your assuming way too many variables...

your assuming flynn is philbins guy.
your assuming philbin doesn't think manning gives him the best chance to win.
your assuming we are putting all of our cap money into one player.
and your assuming we wont know what level peyton manning will be able to perform...

why?

Actually I'm torn, on the one hand Peyton could get us a title within a year or two, but when he's done we're right back to were we started. We'll win too many games to draft Matt Barkley next year or any top QB for that matter. I'm more interested in Flynn, yes he's relatively unproven, but he was in a better enviroment then Kolb was he sat behind a better QB then Kolb and better coaching then Kolb. He may actually end up being better then Schaub was when he got his shot, for all the same reasons listed above. Don't get me wrong I'm all for Peyton, however I'd rather win long term then right now.

If we get Manning I say we draft Tannehill to sit on the bench for 3 years. Hoping Manning shows him the ropes while winning a couple of Super Bowls.

If not, sign Flynn and roll with whatever Philbin wants.

Either way, I'd be happy.

If Manning is as healthy as he appears, IMO it is far more risky to get someone like Flynn. Listen I like Flynn's chances to be a good NFL QB, but we KNOW what Manning is capable of. If we get 3 years of him playing at a Manning level, this is the only way to go.

Folks

If Manning ends up with us, which is highly possible, it's a no brainer, you take him with open arms and extreme jubilation.
It's a risk with high odds of success. Even Manning at 80% is better than what we've had for a decade.
Superbowl is a crap shot but reaching the playoffs with some success more feasible and frankly after the last 10 years something needed for me to get back old enthusiasm held for 35 years.

Flynn hasn't played enough for me to say that he's worth a bundle of cash and resting the success of the franchise on. Also curious why Philbin who should be extremely familiar with Flynn hasn't or at least it seems, pushed the FO to be more aggressive in his acquisition if he was all that some think he is.....Rodgers claims he's a top 15 QB, is that what were looking for.....
If Manning is lost to us were back in the out house for another 3 years, and will be once again in the suck for luck category leading into the 2013 draft........
And Manning doesn't need to go to other teams to better his contract, he holds ALL the cards, especially when it comes to us, because we will live or die on his decision. And Ross knows that and so does Ireland........

If we get Manning I say we draft Tannehill to sit on the bench for 3 years. Hoping Manning shows him the ropes while winning a couple of Super Bowls.

If not, sign Flynn and roll with whatever Philbin wants.

Either way, I'd be happy.

The wonderful thing for us is, we have options. No matter what happens, I think we'll end up with at minimum a very good QB on our team.

Might as well keep Matt Moore because there really isn't a seperation of talent between the two

Are you guys crazy! Please stop analyzing, Flynn made 2 starts in career and you're willing to give the keys to the car, 12 teams have interest in Manning, how many have you heard about Flynn? absolutely zero. Sign the man if you can and if you can't move on.

If Manning is as healthy as he appears, IMO it is far more risky to get someone like Flynn. Listen I like Flynn's chances to be a good NFL QB, but we KNOW what Manning is capable of. If we get 3 years of him playing at a Manning level, this is the only way to go.

That's the thing; we don't KNOW what Manning is capable of at this stage. If he had one neck surgery, I would have far less reservations, but 4? What can't seem to fix that they have to make 4 attempts? However, with RG3 off the board, Peyton risks vs reward is much better than the other options.

I think the wild card is something that we won't know: what does Philbin think of Flynn. If he thinks he can succeed, I say we go after him, instead of a QB rental for two years. When it's all said and done I'll support whatever the front office decides to do. It's a new start any way it shapes up.

RG III for 3 1st rounders and a second... that's high risk...

peyton manning for nothing.... whats the risk? it doesn't have to change our draft strategy at all...

how many times does this have to be reiterated?

I agree with the OP. I think the Dolphins organization got it right by hiring Philbin. I want him and the staff he hired to be the coach of the team, not Peyton Manning. I want Philbin to bring in players that fit his philosophy. If you bring in Manning, the best that will happen is a Wild Card birth and maybe winning a playoff game. And then when Manning goes downhill the coach becomes a lame duck like Caldwell was in Indy because Manning was the coach of the team, not Caldwell. And the Dolphins in two years will be starting all over again. The correct move is to develop a younger QB, whether it is a drafted player or Flynn and let the coaching staff develop the players they bring in.

This has disaster written all over it!

Have your seen the dolphins play the past few years ? Theres always risk involved, but we dont even have to trade for him, he can be ours for a reasonable price....... . Signing Manning would involve much more reward than risk. Signing Flynn, who's unproven , to a similar but longer deal is the real risk. Is matt Flynn franchise QB material ? Cuz i know Peyton Manning could make one helluva stop gap !

[video=youtube;zuD-MqG5Omc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuD-MqG5Omc&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f87209FAAAAAAAAUAA[/video]

Back
Top Bottom