Manning would be the wrong move for miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning would be the wrong move for miami

has anyone considered the fact that brady and bilicleck (however u spell his name),has owned manning his whole career,even in his prime.

If I was GM for the day, I would draft Miami's QB (Tannehill or Weeden). I would not sign Manning or Flynn: Manning because he's just a short term fix and Flynn is a legend in his own mind.

Just a few things I think should be said:
Manning is 5-1 against the patriots since 2005.
Manning is not a control freak. He does run practices like no other, but on the field he still listens to the hc. one of the reasons the colts lost in the sb was because the coach called three straight running plays to try n end the half instead of letting peyton throw.
peyton's fairly recent playoff losses were not his fault for the most part.

there is some health risk but so far no negative health reports at all. It would also be only for four years probably but this is a win now league and miami's talent will be much older in five years. Imo it makes sense for miami to get manning and win now then in four to five years rebuild.

If I was GM for the day, I would draft Miami's QB (Tannehill or Weeden). I would not sign Manning or Flynn: Manning because he's just a short term fix and Flynn is a legend in his own mind.

Don't you think Manning could be extremely beneficial while a Tannehill (not Weeden ) goes through his early growing period. Could be a perfect match Manning 3 years then Tannehill (with the hope he's not another Henne) I mean could you ask for a better person to learn from then one of the greatest QB's of our day.

As another poster stated, how much did any of Manning's previous backups learn while he was the QB? Manning was the offensive coach not the folks actually hired to do the job, so than when Manning went down, there went the offense. The same would happen here, if Manning was to get hurt, how effective would the backup be? Would I be unhappy if Miami went to the playoffs under Manning, no. I would be very happy, but than what. I am looking more long term than short term. We live in a society of instant gratification and that is all Manning would provide.

As another poster stated, how much did any of Manning's previous backups learn while he was the QB? Manning was the offensive coach not the folks actually hired to do the job, so than when Manning went down, there went the offense. The same would happen here, if Manning was to get hurt, how effective would the backup be? Would I be unhappy if Miami went to the playoffs under Manning, no. I would be very happy, but than what. I am looking more long term than short term. We live in a society of instant gratification and that is all Manning would provide.

Yeah but the colts quarterbacks suck. They never seemed to draft anybody that could be a starting qb and just some late 7th round, to be a back up qb under peyton for the colts. I think the difference is talent. You have a talented qb which miami could draft with foles, tannehill, etc and they watch the way manning prepares and studies. Some of these guys, its more of them being raw than not having the talent to be a very good starting quarterback. Having manning doesn't create the pressure of the young qbs to start and to work on their skills so they are ready to play when manning is done. So I don't mind this as I don't see it going back to scratch once manning is done if miami is good for once with the qb they draft and coach him up right and handle the situation better.

has anyone considered the fact that brady and bilicleck (however u spell his name),has owned manning his whole career,even in his prime.

he did..but the tides kind of turned. The pats used to own the colts during the first few years and in the playoff games, but the last few years the colts have won against the pats. So im not so sure, how about that come back win like in 2010 that the colts won 35-34? and bill had the pats go for it, because he wanted his pats to finish the game and was nervous about peyton having the ball ad driving it down scoring on his defense.

You make some valid on field points Snake Eyes, and those that agree with you. I'll just point out that we have to sign Manning because of the big picture off the field. Folks, Matt Flynn might be great, but if we sign him, is that going to sell a lot of tickets? Probably not. Big picture, we are on the verge of at least 6 blackouts if not the whole home season. There aren't enough die hard football fans to sell these games out, based on the potential of a new coach and a free agent QB who looked great in a couple of games. At some point, the sponsors and TV styations won't buy 10,000 or more seats to lift the blackout. Manning gives us national exposure we haven't had since the early 90's when Dan was still inhis prime. Ticket sales will go up enough to ensure no blackouts. I think he can still play at a high level, so don't be surprised if we contend this year or the next couple of years.

If Manning sucks, I'm sure the contract will allow us to move on after 2013, and we can find another free agent, or make a move in the draft and take
a stud QB. Manning makes ther most sense from a business perspective. We don't want to be like the Jags and the Bucs, emty stadiums, and blackouts.

he did..but the tides kind of turned. The pats used to own the colts during the first few years and in the playoff games, but the last few years the colts have won against the pats. So im not so sure, how about that come back win like in 2010 that the colts won 35-34? and bill had the pats go for it, because he wanted his pats to finish the game and was nervous about peyton having the ball ad driving it down scoring on his defense.
yeah but when the both of their careers are over,i think brady will always be looked at as the greatest because he always beat manning when it counted.maybe that's why manning is afraid to come to miami.

Back
Top Bottom