Manti Te'o & The Crying Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manti Te'o & The Crying Game

It's not fraud. The only law that would be close as far as prosecution goes would be a California state law about creating false online identities. But that would be dicey, at best...since I think we're just talking about a twitter account.

There's no obvious legal recourse here, really...though I'm sure a book deal and all that jazz is on the way which is probably why Ronaiah has lawyer'd up with Rodney King's old attorney and is not saying a word to anyone. All this stuff still only just came out last week. They're probably just planning their best course of action so that they can get the most $$$ out of all this.

Either way it's looking more and more like what I was saying all along is true...this has nothing to do with Manti Te'o's viability on the football field or as a draft prospect. The thousand phone calls and voicemails certainly give the impression he wasn't even embellishing when he talked about during the Heisman run-up what a "deep" relationship the two had. Clearly they did. And clearly whoever's voice that was on the other end sure does sound like a girl.

It's bizarre and delicisous for the little drama queens that eat this stuff up (which means, pretty much everyone), but it has nothing to do with football. As a scout said recently if he's a 2nd round pick it's not because of this fake girlfriend business, it's because he's a slow inside linebacker.

Although I'd disagree with that scout's take that Te'o is "slow".

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, considering Janoris Jenkins still went in round 2 despite being a complete douchebag. I do find it interesting that they are now saying that Ronaiah is
the gay one and that this was a ploy for him to be close to Manti. This just keep getting more and more entertaining...

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, considering Janoris Jenkins still went in round 2 despite being a complete douchebag. I do find it interesting that they are now saying that Ronaiah is
the gay one and that this was a ploy for him to be close to Manti. This just keep getting more and more entertaining...

That, or Ronaiah is pretending to be gay in order to protect someone else. Family members of Ronaiah's are now saying the voice on those recordings is definitely Ronaiah's cousin Tino.

The weirdest and most concerning thing about all this stuff is that men as a gender have almost no history of acting foolish about a woman. It's just all so strange...stock definitely down...

American Samoa: land of obese hoaxers and phone sex.

Back
Top Bottom