Marino offers his thoughts on Tannehill and the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino offers his thoughts on Tannehill and the Dolphins

I'm not worried that Tannehill will improve. I think he'll get the timing down with Wallace and they'll hit on some nice easy TDs. Not worried about the pocket presence, the game should slow down for him in his third season and the sacks are going to go way down with the Albert, Moreno and Lazor signings. Our offense as a whole should be much more polished with most everyone having another year under their belts and a full offseason to work together. The passing game will be much improved which will allow us to run easier which will allow us to pass for even more yards. I predict that Tannehill is going to put up some stunning stats, like 5k+ yards and 30+ tds (add a real WR and I might increase that to 35+).

I am worried though. I'm worried about situational awareness and end of game management, the end of game brain farts like what happened vs Buffalo. If we're going to do anything we need to blow teams out of the water and have the playoffs clinched by week 15. We need to find a way to take advantage of the Miami heat and humidity, there is no reason we shouldn't be winning 7-8 games at home.

Marino isn't a very smart person in general, but the way he played the game and dissected defenses was a thing of genius. This guy is football smart, x's and o's and game management wise. What he lacks is charisma and the knowledge to make personnel decisions. His evaluations on players always sucked and his game evaluation wasn't much better.

Marino is one of the least insightful "commentators" across the board. Loved him as a QB but he added literally nothing to the CBS show, which is probably why he is out of a job.

Why do people want Marino involved with Tannehill....has he ever shown the mentor mentality or any coaching ability?

Give me Chad Pennington as a mentor any day.

I agree with this too, Marino was a hell of a QB but has never shown a TINY bit of interest in mentoring or coaching anyone else.

I believe bob griese gave tannehill a strong endorsement so that is the other side of the spectrum

Marino is certainly not a genius, but he is smart enough to avoid giving his real opinion. Obviously, Tannehill is no Marino, so I don't think Dan is blown away by him.

Back
Top Bottom