Marino: Only Dolphin in NFL's Top 100 of All Time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino: Only Dolphin in NFL's Top 100 of All Time

Csonka, Marino, Taylor and Thomas should all be on that list maybe a couple more.

Does the list really matter? all that matters is winning a super bowl. records and being 100 at whatever doesn't mean **** unless you have a super bowl ring.
Marino is about the only one. You could make a case for Stephenson, Little, Csonka, Taylor. That's about it. And let's say that they were all in the top 100. then what? who cares?

I will never accept this sick, demented notion that Elway and Favre were better than Marino. I don't give a **** about the championships, Danny was a better player than they were.

Seahawks don't have anyone on the list...so at least we're better than them :)

and they found a way to put a Patriots guard above Marino. What does NFL Network love more than the Patriots?...... oh yeah Brett Favre, LOL! Above Marino and Brady.

Everybody in the media loves the Patriots. Lots of conspuracy theories swirling around why. Undisputed is that up until the 2000s the Dallas Cowboys were called America's Team. One of the theories in 2001 was that America after 9/11 needs a new sports identity. The Patriots (Patriotism) playing mostly in red-white-blue is a perfect fit and with the silver representing the phrase "silver lining in the future/on the horizon". It is ironic that The Patriots just signed Drew Bledsoe to a 10 year contract and then lost him in the second game of that season. Brady was drafted the year before that and probably would have never seen the field if not for the injury caused by a New York Jets player.
The Patriots finished dead last in the AFC East the year before and were expected to be again the doormat of the AFC East.

That year the Patriots ran a 10-2 record with a back QB drafted in the 6th round the year before after going 1-3 to start the season. It was the year of the 'tuck rule' and without that gimme by the refs the Patriots would have been out of the playoffs. It is also the year when more and more fans and opponents complaint about the lax holding rules applied to the Patriots OL. This accusation has manifested itself over the years.

I am currently reading the book Spygate, The Untold Story by O'Leary.

Jesus how about Bob Griese? Damn he's in the Hall of Fame. Wow. Just dumb. Even the media sucks at remembering the past. I understand fans not remembering but the media needs to always remember. They have access to everything they would ever need.

Jesus how about Bob Griese? Damn he's in the Hall of Fame. Wow. Just dumb. Even the media sucks at remembering the past. I understand fans not remembering but the media needs to always remember. They have access to everything they would ever need.

Griese > Namath, but celebrity > skill in the NFL when it comes to things like this.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems thus far i am the only one to pick up on this post? I wish i was around to see both of them play, assuming your referring to scott and anderson

Yess sirrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Those were MEN who played FOOTBALL.

I appreciate that Warfield is still there. He deserves it but I assumed he'd be gone, considering all the stats dynamos at that position.

Top 100 is very, very steep. The league has been around for 80+ years and 50 of them as a TV showcase. Dozens of teams. I can't claim we deserve a half dozen or more.

As somebody else posted, only a handful of Dolphins have a legit claim. Dwight Stephenson absolutely should be there. He wasn't loud enough on his own behalf and his career was relatively short. No question he was superior to Webster.

Larry Little was an excellent pulling guard but others in that era were superior at in-line blocking. That would include John Hannah. I'm not sure it wouldn't include Bob Keuchenberg.

Csonka is the greatest and most distinct Dolphin in history, IMO. I probably couldn't put him on a Top 100 list, not if ability is a measure instead of raw delight that he was a member of our franchise and nobody else's.

Several defenders from the early '70s were phenomenal players but their careers were not long enough or spectacular enough to threaten a list like this: Bill Stanfill, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott.

Agree 100%
What a joke. Larry Csonka remains the very best FB to ever play the game. Guys like Dwight Stephenson and Larry Little probably deserve to be there as well, but the OL isn't very glamorous. If Webster is 68 then Stephenson should be ahead of him because every year they both played Stephenson was better. Little probably belongs in the late 70's with guys like Art Shell at 76 and Bruce Matthews at 78.

Joe ****ing Namath at 100. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaa That's all you need to know about this list being complete ****.

Back
Top Bottom