Marino's thoughts on Tannehill as the starter.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's thoughts on Tannehill as the starter..

I agree with 72 silky. Things went down hill with marino and the fins when he quit the front office job he had for a day.

Also i think Griese has been the most active former Qb with the team.

I know we all appreciate Griese for the great, championship-winning QB he was for us, but still IMO, if there never was a Marino (and thank heavens there was), Bob would currently be held in the same awe-inspiring, legendary iconic esteem which Dan(deservedly) is. The fact that he's such a homer is even more reason to appreciate him.

why is Marino so distant from the franchise? he said in the video he hasnt spoken to any of them yet. It disappoints me that he is so seemingly selfish compared to Elway for example. It's like Marino wishes he had nothing to do with the phins.

Marino loves the Dolphins but he makes it no secret he is a Steelers' fan. I think some people on this site expect a little too much from the guy, they want Dan to be involved/connected with the Dolphins like Elway is with the Broncos. There are more diehard fans on this board than Marino is for the Dolphins. Cold truth for some. Kind of like telling some of you that there is no Santa.

Griese is around the team because of his job working TV and radio, he's not just hang out at the facility.

Marino works for HBO and CBS I thought?

Yes but Griese does local coverage of the Phins. It's different when you're the local broadcaster. You don't see Phil Simms spending a lot of time with Eli. You never hear of Steve Young spending a lot of time with Alex Smith.

Also if you're going to be taken serious as a national media personality you can't have strong ties to one team. I remember Tom Jackson saying it took a long time for Al Davis to let him in the Raiders facility because he worried Jackson would be spying for the Broncos.

Griese is around the team because of his job working TV and radio, he's not just hang out at the facility.
He is always involved with all the '72 championship events, dolphins charity functions, anytime a dolphin is honored , he is there. He is always lurking somewhere when the dolphins are involved. Here is griese's thoughts on ryan
DAVIE—
The Miami Dolphins' first Hall-of-Fame quarterback believes the team has finally found the long-term answer at the position, elusive since the second one retired more than a decade ago.

"I know the future is taken care of because I've seen Ryan Tannehill, and I think he's the real deal," Bob Griese said Wednesday. "I like Ryan Tannehill because of his athletic ability and his skill and his future. It's just a matter of when for Ryan. He's going to make it. I've watched him."

Griese said he was broadcasting a Texas A&M game for ABC when he first saw Tannehill as a red-shirt freshman playing wide receiver, and spoke to him: "I said, 'You don't want to bust yourself up playing wide receiver.' He went to the quarterback meetings. I said, 'There you go, you're not a wide receiver, you're a quarterback.'"

It wouldn't surprise Griese if Tannehill is ready to play this season, but said veterans David Garrard and Matt Moore will provide a competent bridge to the future.
"I like all three of them. I don't think his team has a quarterback problem at all," Griese said.

Yes but Griese does local coverage of the Phins. It's different when you're the local broadcaster. You don't see Phil Simms spending a lot of time with Eli. You never hear of Steve Young spending a lot of time with Alex Smith.
Steve Young is not allowed near a football field for fear of another concussion...just saying.

I love and have all the respect for Mr Marino... but come on.. he's nothing but a yes man in todays world.. I guess he is trying to put a positive spin on everything and I guess its to not piss anyone off.. but if you all remember, Dan expressed total confidence in Chad Henne..

I think it would be nice if he showed some balls and told the media and us fans exactly what he thought!!

I love and have all the respect for Mr Marino... but come on.. he's nothing but a yes man in todays world.. I guess he is trying to put a positive spin on everything and I guess its to not piss anyone off.. but if you all remember, Dan expressed total confidence in Chad Henne..

I think it would be nice if he showed some balls and told the media and us fans exactly what he thought!!
You mean like tell us the truth?

[video=youtube;UXoNE14U_zM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UXoNE14U_zM[/video]

Back
Top Bottom