Marlins to move D-Willis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins to move D-Willis

That's fine with me.

1) His salary gone will help us lock up Cabrera for a few more years.
2) He is very inconsistant and he pitches in a pitchers park.
3) If we can get some good prospects that can contribute now/soon it's worth it.

Dontrelle hasn't been a very good pitcher for the last year and a half, other than April this year he has been horrible.

Not that I take the NY Post for fact anyway.

love D-Train, but we do need to get some help in certain areas. Plus, we're loaded with pitching in the minors

we need help so trade him..i really cant believe i just said that

we need help so trade him..i really cant believe i just said that

I can.

Over the last two seasons he is 19-19
His walks have gone up every year but one that he was in the majors (and he is on pace for another career high)
His hits allowed have gone up every year (and on pace for a new career high)
His ERA is near 5 this season.

Oh and he has the best run support on the staff this season.....he is a pretty average pitcher on most days.

D-Train is very valuable to a lot of teams though, despite his shortcomings this season especially since he's a lefty.

I've heard some rumored proposals that I think we'd be crazy to pass up. My favorite being D-Train to the D-Backs for Miguel Montero,Micah Owings, and either Justin Upton and Carlos Gonzalas (D-Backs choice).

IMO we need to get a CF, Catcher, and probably a pitcher.

Our best trade options would be Arizona, LA, LAA, Rangers (who have some really intriguing pieces),Boston, and the Rockies

I wouldn't be opposed to trading D-Train to the Mets provided we not only got Lastings Milledge(Since Gomez and Martinez are untouchable), but also either Mike Pelfrey or Phillip Humber.

Atlanta has some interest, but the only guy they have that we'd want is Salty.

Philly has nothing. And the Nats farm system is abysmal (take it from a guy that sees the Harrisburg Senators play all the time)

I think Dtrain's value has really diminished. If they would have traded him last year I think you get just about whatever you wanted. This year... with an ERA near 5 in the NATIONAL league? Sorry that is very average (IF even that). Left-handed or not. Yeah he can have a game where he dominates, but he has had a few where he just get rocked...

I think Willis would be eaten up by the AL. I would trust some NL pitchers coming over but Willis isn't one of them. Even the guys in S.D. who are having great years aren't as good as their numbers suggest since they're playing in that huge stadium.

I think the Mets will swing a deal for Jose Contreras and reunite him with El Duque. Kenny Williams has made some ridiculous offers such as Dye/Uribe for Greene/Linenbrink but I think both will eventually be moved.

The A's are a team that while small budget can rent a player so I think they'll make a move.

With the crop of UFA OF's this offseason even with Ichiro re-signing I think some teams will stand pat that are on the edge and try to make a run at them in the offseason.

D-Train is very valuable to a lot of teams though, despite his shortcomings this season especially since he's a lefty.

I've heard some rumored proposals that I think we'd be crazy to pass up. My favorite being D-Train to the D-Backs for Miguel Montero,Micah Owings, and either Justin Upton and Carlos Gonzalas (D-Backs choice).

IMO we need to get a CF, Catcher, and probably a pitcher.

Our best trade options would be Arizona, LA, LAA, Rangers (who have some really intriguing pieces),Boston, and the Rockies

I wouldn't be opposed to trading D-Train to the Mets provided we not only got Lastings Milledge(Since Gomez and Martinez are untouchable), but also either Mike Pelfrey or Phillip Humber.

Atlanta has some interest, but the only guy they have that we'd want is Salty.

Philly has nothing. And the Nats farm system is abysmal (take it from a guy that sees the Harrisburg Senators play all the time)
As a met fan Id be willing to give Gomez and Humber but not milledge because it seems as though milledge would help us more now and should be an equally good player in the long run. If they gave milledge + a pitcher it would be silly since green is old and alou is injury prone so the outfield depth is paramount for this year in terms of need, especially with chavez hurt. But thats just a met fan's perspective/speculation....:beer1:

Do you guys forget we have one of the youngest teams and he gets little help with our bats.

Do you guys forget we have one of the youngest teams and he gets little help with our bats.

Yes, W/L's can depend on the bats. HOWEVER, ERA is pretty much ALL him. Unless a scorer is giving hits when they are errors. So an ERA of 5? in the National League, where you face a pitcher every 9 batters? I think he'd get eaten alive in the AL. Especially against some of the bigger hitting teams... Det, Ana, NYY, Bos, etc...

Yes, W/L's can depend on the bats. HOWEVER, ERA is pretty much ALL him. Unless a scorer is giving hits when they are errors. So an ERA of 5? in the National League, where you face a pitcher every 9 batters? I think he'd get eaten alive in the AL. Especially against some of the bigger hitting teams... Det, Ana, NYY, Bos, etc...

His first year he would be great in the AL since the hitters haven't seen him.

His ERA is somewhat misleading, like there was one game against Tampa where they scored like 2 or 4 earned runs in an inning without a ball leaving the infield. Also he has had some great starts, but there are others where he gives up like 7 runs in two innings.

Back
Top Bottom