Marlins to move D-Willis | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins to move D-Willis

If he goes to Seattle it would probably be Willis/Minor Player for Clement/Jones IMO.

Rumor is that they are letting Jones play RF to showcase him to other teams now.

I have tickets for tomorrow's game ( gotta love the boss treating my team). But they just announced that Jones isn't going to come up like originally talked about.

But I get to see King Felix.

Not sure how I'd feel if he went to Seattle. I think he is really overrated and not sure how well he'd transition to the AL. But Seattle has a pretty bad pitching staff that's been pitching way over their heads so far so he might be able to help them quite a bit.

I wouldn't say that. We are only a few games back from you right now. We have some good young arms, and the best closer in MLB right now. If anything it has been our bats that have been streaky

I wouldn't say that. We are only a few games back from you right now. We have some good young arms, and the best closer in MLB right now. If anything it has been our bats that have been streaky

You guys are definitely in the hunt and making me nervous. I just dont understand how Weaver and Batista became good suddenly. Washburn/Felix are good but going into the season it looked like that was all you had. If Waver/Batista keep pitching they have recently and you add D-Train things will look really good in Seattle.

I have tickets for tomorrow's game ( gotta love the boss treating my team). But they just announced that Jones isn't going to come up like originally talked about.

But I get to see King Felix.

Sign that maybe a deal is in place with someone? Or is he playing in the minors still tonight?

If he goes to Seattle it would probably be Willis/Minor Player for Clement/Jones IMO.

Rumor is that they are letting Jones play RF to showcase him to other teams now.
clement and jones for dwillis and minor league player?

ill be pissed if this goes down, jones is going to be the starting rightfielder, maybe even centerfielder next year if ichiro wants to move back(hargroves decision)

willis will get eating up in the AL....

I don't think the Yankees have anything we are very interested in though.

I don't think the Yanks want him :rolleyes:

Not another Marlins pitcher with BUST written all over him.

I don't think the Yanks want him :rolleyes:

Not another Marlins pitcher with BUST written all over him.

That's a shock. They want almost every pitcher and everyone they get turns into a bust. :lol:

The Yankees have one of the stronger minor league systems (for Pitching) right now. As for position players, they don't have much that is major league ready.

All that being said, I don't think the Yanks want him now. Last year, you probably could have named your price. I was telling everyone that is when the Marlins should have traded him. His value was still at a high peak and everyone KNEW the Marlins would eventually not resign him.

He has gotten a little worse EVERY season. Unless you have confidence in WHY that is happening and you think your team can change that, I don't see a GM making a blockbuster deal for him. Especially since every team KNOWS the Marlins can't pay him.

willis gave up 8 in 3.2 era over 5 now:shakeno:

Still.... 8 hits in that timeframe. He has not been good, but I'd hate to give him up when his value is at an all-time low.

EDIT: W00t... post #777... maybe I'll get lucky tonight. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom