Mathis signs with Denver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis signs with Denver

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
League source says Evan Mathis turned down a $5.5M deal from unnamed team because he wanted to play for a top contender.

That lie is almost as funny as Chip Kelly telling everyone there was numerous teams offering a #1 pick for Nick Foles, or was it Sam Bradford? I forget. :chuckle:

That lie is almost as funny as Chip Kelly telling everyone there was numerous teams offering a #1 pick for Nick Foles, or was it Sam Bradford? I forget. :chuckle:

Well can't see that we offered a 5.5M deal to him, maybe the Chiefs, either way its over so...

He's been a free agent for a minute so how good is he really?

Mike KlisVerified account
‏@MikeKlis

Evan Mathis deal is 1 year, $2.5 million with chance to earn $4 million. He had protested $5.5 mill salary in Philly, leading to release.

After thumping with Suh everyday, our guards will be good. Games will be a step down in competition after that.

Good

Can we all get on with our lives now?

Guess Mathis was more after the ring than the money?

$1.5 lot of money to give up.

No one offered him 5.5. That contract is about what I expected him to get

I have it on good authority that means the season is toast.

Whelp, back to the drawing board. Which college tackle will we spend our 1st round pick on in order to fix our guard problem?

I cannot say it is 100 percent but I am 99 percent sure the $5.5 million offer was not from the Miami Dolphins...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...gent-since-being-cut-by-the-philadelphia.html

Agreed..

From all reports we've heard, our offer was in the 2.5 ballpark.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 49s50 seconds ago
Not sure who reported first that Evan Mathis turned down $5.5 mil from another team so he could play for #Broncos, but that's legit.

Throwing the young guys in deep water. Sink or swim time. Hopefully they'll swim.

Back
Top Bottom