Matt Burke is way over his head and has to go! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Burke is way over his head and has to go!

The linebackers are pretty much no shows, Kiko is trailing every thing, Rey is a no show and Timmons is making a few plays.

I guess thinking your smarter than real doctors, has it's consequences.

Actually, the problem is that he listened to a doctor.

Doctor to the Stars, James Andrews, sold him on the stem cell treatment he's hawking in Europe. Andrew Luck just fell for it, too.

When Sean was going on and on telling the story about how much Gase loved Joseph and made him bring Burke with him because he knew Joseph would be gone too soon and didn't want to have to change systems- Gruden's silence on that matter was deafening.

A roster filled with overpaid bums being coached by underqualified people and you get what we have seen this season. Gase is not a good NFL head coach and Matt Burke isn't even a good Linebackers coach not even sure why he was given a promotion. Oh yeah like I said Gase is not a good NFL coach, that's why

Here's my take:

Suh - can't do everything by himself
Wake - not getting any younger
Branch - overpaid
Phillips - inconsistent
Alonso - overpaid
Timmons - temporary solution
Maualuga - temporary solution
Howard - not starter material
Tank - rookie
McCain - mediocre
Reshad and TJM - pretty much the same player, need a true FS

Not saying we don't need a new scheme or DC, but we also need a serious infusion of talent.

Burke is the least of our problems.

how can you say that? the elementary defensive scheme is getting torched. we have given up 6 2nd half opening drive TDs which is the most in the league. There are no adjustments. There are no answers. There is no coach em up.

The defense has limited talent in quite a few positions however Burke and his scheme just amplify those weaknesses. So it is a combination of limited talent and bad coaching. Which is why this team has been getting embarrassed on the field. 2nd worst point differential in the league says it all.

PRESS, BLITZ, and TACKLE. **** the hovering zone **** we use in the middle, Kiko is so inept having to cover the middle zone, TEs and RBs getting amazing looks all game every game it won't matter who we have on the line the ball comes out too quick.

Burke is not necessarily the big problem here, it's the personnel on the field....let's start there.

I have to admit I’m in denial. I didn’t think they were that bad but they are. They really sucks ass. Cam was literally laughing at us last night. Last night reminded me of 2007, just hopeless when the defense was on the field. Yup these guys are rivaling Chase Page, Steve Fifita, Cameron Worrel and company. They’re that bad but st least we knew those guys sucked. Something is horribly wrong here.

Burke is the least of our problems.

Correct. I said elsewhere, Burke seems to make no halftime adjustments. That's poor. That said, the D looked tired and they body language looked 'why am I killing myself when the O is AWFUL.'
Yes, the D needs a few upgrades, but a 20ppg O would make them much better. I AM concerned about the poor pass rush lately. It seems to have disappeared, even WITH Burke calling blitzes.

As a coordinator and a play caller... Your job is to make the opposing team guess what you're going to do next. Matt Burke does not in any way do that. He consistently rushes 4 linemen that get nowhere near the QB. They don't run any stunts, there are no blitzes......So.... it's basically a practice for opposing offenses. I think Burke is a HUGE problem right now. I also think Gase lost this team. The problem is..... We're stuck with him for 2 more years.

Back
Top Bottom