Matt Moore>Matt Flynn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore>Matt Flynn

I don't totally agree with this either. I think matt does a good job of not turning the ball over and making good throws with amplified attitude on the field. I also think we should go after as much good competition for him in the offseason to include at a draft pick and at least one free agent, but I would go into the offseason that the job is matts to lose.

You do realize Moore has 14 fumbles and 9 picks this season, right?

I agree with rdksek844, i think that Moore could be our guy and we should use our draft picks for offensive line, resign Henne as a back up.
doesnt sound like the coaching candidates agree with you. They are concerned about Miamis quarterback situation. Moore did not throw the ball that well yesterday,he clearly has placement problems love his attitude and think he can become a "decent" quarterback. Dont think he is star quality.

doesnt sound like the coaching candidates agree with you. They are concerned about Miamis quarterback situation. Moore did not throw the ball that well yesterday,he clearly has placement problems love his attitude and think he can become a "decent" quarterback. Dont think he is star quality.

I am not saying he is our starter everyone. I think he needs to be challenged to keep his job. My ONLY point (which is the title of this thread) is for those who are going nuts for Flynn should "not so fast" get excited about him as his stats are misleading due to very heavy YAC. GB is 3rd or 4th in the league for this stat alone folks. Great receiving core, great coaching, and great blocking attribute to this heavily.

Moore does not have a huge arm by any means, but neither does flynn. My point was that most of his success in both games was YAC (yard after catch). Don't believe me, watch his highlights for both games and form your opinion. I was all about flynn until I watched the highlights. After that, I was more impressed with moore's ability to do well with less. FWIW, Moores attitude on field also appeared to me to be more of a motivation for the players. That can make a difference in a tight game.

I have never been on the flynn bandwagon, to me he is another system qb with a great cast. I don't care Moore or Flynn when you have a qb with limited arm strength you are not a true contender in todays NFL. Moores picks on deep outs shows a lot top tier CBs will eat that up.

It's not just Moore.. it's the coaching staff not making adjustments, it's the oline play.. its many things.

Agreed, easy to succeed when everything around you is working. Harder when it is not.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I have never been on the flynn bandwagon, to me he is another system qb with a great cast. I don't care Moore or Flynn when you have a qb with limited arm strength you are not a true contender in todays NFL. Moores picks on deep outs shows a lot top tier CBs will eat that up.

Agreed.

Before anyone gets too crazy over Flynn, please watch the highlights of both the lions game and the patriots games. I know the Pats ga,e was his first, but I was not overly impressed with his throwing. In the lions game a huge portion of his success was YAC. The green bay packers have a great receiver core and excellent blocking that made him look better than he really was. Not to mention that the lions just flat out looked flat in the backfield. Almost like they expected to lose no matter who the qb was. In the pats game he looked a lot more human and the success he did have was again YAC executed very well is great blocking and great receiver talent.

In my opinion, Moore has done a great job with a LOT less to work with. If you can imagine Moore with the GB offense, how would the stats be? I imagine he would look just as good or better. I am more impressed with a qb looking decent in a mediocre offense, than a mediocre qb in an excellent offense.

come on dude you know better than that ,without greg jennings playing theres noway that greenbays reciveing core is better than ours ,maybe with jennings in there but not with him out . but for a first start anybody knows hes not going to turn into dan marino ,imo he did a hell of a job in his first start against the pats , i can tell you this much ive been watching football ever since don strock was QB , AND AS FOR QBs go i can tell pretty quick if he is going to pan out and belive me he WILL BE a franchise QB FOR SOMEBODY EVEN IF IT ISNT US ,but if ross had any since he would jump on him with both feet because theres NOTHING IN THE DRAFT THIS year that we are going to be able to get thats going to be close to what flynn is going to be .and thats the bottom line.

come on dude you know better than that ,without greg jennings playing theres noway that greenbays reciveing core is better than ours ,maybe with jennings in there but not with him out . but for a first start anybody knows hes not going to turn into dan marino ,imo he did a hell of a job in his first start against the pats , i can tell you this much ive been watching football ever since don strock was QB , AND AS FOR QBs go i can tell pretty quick if he is going to pan out and belive me he WILL BE a franchise QB FOR SOMEBODY EVEN IF IT ISNT US ,but if ross had any since he would jump on him with both feet because theres NOTHING IN THE DRAFT THIS year that we are going to be able to get thats going to be close to what flynn is going to be .and thats the bottom line.

The packers receivers are in the top 5 in stats in the league in all stats related to receiving. The phins arent even in the top 20 in any of them except one. Passes dropped. Stop talking crazy that our receivers are better then theirs cause the stats don't show it.

The Packers are in the top 5 because of 2 reasons: No running game and Aaron Rodgers. Flynn stepped in and not only did they not miss a beat despite missing their #1 reciever, he set franchsie records.

let me hear the other excuses

Bottomline is every Dolphins qb since Marino has been a turd polish! If we keep going the route that leaves fans debating "well if the sun, stars and moon all line up?" So n So can be our guy these team will remain mediocre!

While I am not sold on Flynn by no means because one game doesn't mean anything, he threw some really nice passes yesterday. Several were pretty long and with a completion percentage of 70.5, he was pretty darn accurate yesterday too.

The Packers are in the top 5 because of 2 reasons: No running game and Aaron Rodgers. Flynn stepped in and not only did they not miss a beat despite missing their #1 reciever, he set franchsie records.

let me hear the other excuses

Yes, because of YAC and great coaching and great receivers, and ... ah nevermind. You are right. Flynn is the next Marino. Im done arguing.

There's absolutely no need to overpay for Flynn. I really don't understand why some people continue to put down Moore. The only way Flynn makes sense if he comes at reasonable price to compete with Moore. Flynn arm strength is not any better than Moore. People need to stop drinking the kool-aid. I would like to see front office really analyze this QB class and find a worthy prospect somewhere in the draft.

Before anyone gets too crazy over Flynn, please watch the highlights of both the lions game and the patriots games. I know the Pats ga,e was his first, but I was not overly impressed with his throwing. In the lions game a huge portion of his success was YAC. The green bay packers have a great receiver core and excellent blocking that made him look better than he really was. Not to mention that the lions just flat out looked flat in the backfield. Almost like they expected to lose no matter who the qb was. In the pats game he looked a lot more human and the success he did have was again YAC executed very well is great blocking and great receiver talent.

In my opinion, Moore has done a great job with a LOT less to work with. If you can imagine Moore with the GB offense, how would the stats be? I imagine he would look just as good or better. I am more impressed with a qb looking decent in a mediocre offense, than a mediocre qb in an excellent offense.

Agree 100%.

MOORE also has an Albatross hanging around his neck, named COLUMBO. By my count, COLUMBO singlehandedly/almost singlehandedly cost MIAMI 5 games, including 4 where MOORE was the QB. E.G.: DALLAS! Remember that turnover at the MIAMI 8 yard line? Whose man was WARE? COLUMBO's. It was an absurd spectacle: COLUMBO w/his arm extended, following WARE to the QB, trying (w/o success) to hold WARE!!! COLUMBO can't even take a HOLDING PENALTY competently! While I don't consider CAREY to be a "topshelf" RT, he's "serviceable", and so much better than COLUMBO that bringing in COLUMBO in and of itself was sufficient reason to fire SPARANO. Counting DALLAS, the GIANTS, DENVER and CLEVELAND as wins, MOORE's record should have been (I believe either) 10-1 or 10-2. How does THAT stack up against any of the alternatives to MOORE? And HENNE should've had 1 win as well. That's 11-5, w/a shot at 12-4, seeing as how mighty N.E., in their building, beat us by a FG. Instead, here we are, at home, watching the Playoffs, AGAIN.

PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS, DOLFANS.

And ROSS did his share! He got "cheap" in the F/A period. There were at least 6 starter-calibre Gs in F/A, and after cuts were made, there were a couple more--"aging veterans, w/some gas left in the tank". How many did MIAMI, w/a need for interior OLmen and c. $10 Million in "cap" space, make a legit offer to? NONE! So, after all the good ones were gone, MIAMI goes rummaging thru DALLAS's garbage can...AGAIN...and comes up w/COLUMBO, and asks CAREY to play RG, which HE hadn't done since he played a little G at "The U"!!! Ain't that just BRILLIANT!!! Again, as far as I'm concerned, that's enough reason to fire SPARANO. And if IRELAND couldn't convince ROSS to get even ONE more solid interior OLman, then maybe he isn't so good, either. In addition to A LOT of talent, HE got us MOORE, so I'll give him a pass, but he failed to convince ROSS to get JUST 1 MORE PLAYER in F/A. If he had convinced ROSS, then to paraphrase a well-known MARLON BRANDO line: "We could have been a CONTENDER...we could have been SOMEBODY!" Now, we're nobody, watching the Playoffs...again.

Hey ROSS, wanna fill all those seats? There's a better way than having some "celebrity co-Owner" wiggle her a** and jiggle her "set".

dude, our wr core blows aside from marshall. bess is a nice player, but he will not scare anyone, same with hartline. they both will makes plays occasionally but thats it, you wont get consistent games from them. also, we have no playmaker at tightend.

the packers even without jennings have nelson, driver, jones, cobb, finley. you dont need to try to justify his game yesterday, it was a great game even if he did have jennings, but if you think minus jennings for them our wr core is better, i dont know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom