Matt Ryan is not elite? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan is not elite?

has he not had the talent around him to win? I understand marino not winning b/c he had very little around him the bulk of his career but players like Ryan, Rivers, Schaub, Romo, Peyton have had elite talent around them and they have won b/c of their poor play in big games.

you don't get to 2 title games w/ below average QB play.

The jets do. That's like saying Tebow is a good qb because he led his team deep in the playoffs. Good qb's don't have more int than Tds in five years in today's nfl. Good Qb's don't have a 71 rating after 5 years. Two years ago u could give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt because he was a very young qb but now its obvious he isn't going to become much more than he already is.

The jets do. That's like saying Tebow is a good qb because he led his team deep in the playoffs. Good qb's don't have more int than Tds in five years in today's nfl. Good Qb's don't have a 71 rating after 5 years. Two years ago u could give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt because he was a very young qb but now its obvious he isn't going to become much more than he already is.

Tebow won a division at 8-8 then won a single home playoff game. He didn't win 4 road playoff games.

Mark is being unfairly bashed b/c of 2012 when no QB would have succeeded w/ those healthy weapons and Sparano's O.

Tebow won a division at 8-8 then won a single home playoff game. He didn't win 4 road playoff games.

Mark is being unfairly bashed b/c of 2012 when no QB would have succeeded w/ those healthy weapons and Sparano's O.

So one year has his qb rating at 71, Im pretty sure its a culmination of those seasons. The jets won those playoff games, I really wish people would quit giving all the credit and blame to qb's for wins and losses.

I mean seriously MArk Sanchez gets the credit for them beating he colts when he was 18 of 31 for 189 yds and an interception. Why does he get the credit. I mean the defense held the Colts to 16 points and held Manning in check. The run game was very good but yet they won the game because Sanchez was the qb. Not one GM in the league would take Sanchez over Ryan

Well it seems that Ryan has accomplished a lot. Just needs to get to the next level. In going to the Super Bowl and winning it!

The list of the NFL's truly elite is very very short.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers

And Drew Brees just slides in as well.

That's it.

The list of the NFL's truly elite is very very short.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers

And Drew Brees just slides in as well.

That's it.
the word elite gets thrown around too often, this list is pretty much perfect.

So one year has his qb rating at 71, Im pretty sure its a culmination of those seasons. The jets won those playoff games, I really wish people would quit giving all the credit and blame to qb's for wins and losses.

I mean seriously MArk buttfumble gets the credit for them beating he colts when he was 18 of 31 for 189 yds and an interception. Why does he get the credit. I mean the defense held the Colts to 16 points and held Manning in check. The run game was very good but yet they won the game because buttfumble was the qb. Not one GM in the league would take buttfumble over Ryan

at no point did I give all the credit to mark, never even gave the majority of it. The majority of credit goes to our D(as does the majority of blame for the title game losses) but even great D's(which we did not have) need quality QB play to win. Mark was vital to our success and that gets minimized by stathounds.

you don't get a medal for holding Peyton in check in January, it happens far too often. they did a good job, there were plays Manning missed all game that helped and the game came down to a "terrible" QB needing to get his team in position to kick a FG for the win w/ less than a minute to play. How could such a terrible QB do this on the road in the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom