Matt Ryan is not elite? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan is not elite?

Its just funny how some people want to use Gonzo comments to somehow slam Ryan lol. Gonzalez said he is barely not elite. He still is an excellent qb in the words od Gonzo and he says he will becom elite. There are definitely not 10 qbs I would take over Ryan and once again people forget football is a team sport. Peyton Manning is an elite qb and just couldn't will himself to a super bowl win

Ice has a long way to go... he has yet to shed the label of his post season fizzes, and his team is worse by subtraction, so he is in tough as he has not shown the ability to carry a team by himself which is for some "necessary" to be even considred a franchise QB let alone elite

matt should been our qb the tuna f\up he is good top 12 qb

Ice has a long way to go... he has yet to shed the label of his post season fizzes, and his team is worse by subtraction, so he is in tough as he has not shown the ability to carry a team by himself which is for some "necessary" to be even considred a franchise QB let alone elite

Well I think in the superbowl we saw that even the best qb is not going to win it by himself. This silly issue that qb's can carry team by themselves is absurd. Even as good as Marino was he didn't carry one team to a superbowl championship. The defense of Atlanta needs fixing.

Also here is more elaboration from Gonzo since people want to act like he somehow was saying something bad about Ryan.
More of his words on Ryan
“It’s not a matter of if [Ryan becomes an elite quarterback], it’s just a matter of when and I said that from the first time I saw him throw a football,” Gonzalez said. “He is an unbelievable talent. He has unbelievable skill. And the thing that really separates him is his work ethic, and I mention that in the article. There was no stopping him. There was no stopping him.”

Gonzalez held the same view during a Monday chat with Colin Cowherd of ESPN Radio. Gonzalez he didn’t mean it as a slight to rank Ryan below Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, just as he means no slight to Ben Roethlisberger or Eli Manning to rank them alongside Ryan.

Also Junch u know damn well u wouldn't want buttfumble over Ryan on any occasion. buttfumble is barely a possible NFL starter right now. Also something weird. I typed in Mark but my post for some reason became buttfumble even though until this I have never used that term, wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
Also here is more elaboration from Gonzo since people want to act like he somehow was saying something bad about Ryan.
“It’s not a matter of if [Ryan becomes an elite quarterback], it’s just a matter of when and I said that from the first time I saw him throw a football,” Gonzalez said. “He is an unbelievable talent. He has unbelievable skill. And the thing that really separates him is his work ethic, and I mention that in the article. There was no stopping him. There was no stopping him.”

Gonzalez held the same view during a Monday chat with Colin Cowherd of ESPN Radio. Gonzalez he didn’t mean it as a slight to rank Ryan below Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, just as he means no slight to Ben Roethlisberger or Eli Manning to rank them alongside Ryan.

Also Junch u know damn well u wouldn't want buttfumble over Ryan on any occasion. buttfumble is barely a possible NFL starter right now. Also something weird. I typed in Mark but my post for some reason became buttfumble even though until this I have never used that term, wtf
buttfumble love it this new feature fever gets old :lol:

mark never had half the talent Ryan has had and he has played much better in postseason than Ryan ever played. If all things are equal I'd rather have Mark period.

mark never had half the talent Ryan has had and he has played much better in postseason than Ryan ever played. If all things are equal I'd rather have Mark period.

Your so full of it. There is no magic light that makes players play better in postseason games. In fact Ryan played pretty well in his last postseason loss. Its a complete team game. Besides if u play like crap in the regular season u probably don't play in the playoffs.
After Sanchez' last full season its not even a conversation at this point, because he was horrid in 2012.. The jets are going to cut Sanchez that tells u all you need to know about how they feel about him.

Your so full of it. There is no magic light that makes players play better in postseason games. In fact Ryan played pretty well in his last postseason loss. Its a complete team game. Besides if u play like crap in the regular season u probably don't play in the playoffs.
After Sanchez' last full season its not even a conversation at this point, because he was horrid in 2012.. The jets are going to cut Sanchez that tells u all you need to know about how they feel about him.

yep, he was quite good not leading his high powered O to a single point in the 2nd half.

$anchez's last full season he had Chaz Schilens starting, not Roddy White and Julio Jones. mark has never been shut out in a postseason game, in one less game Ryan has 7 INTs, Mark has 3 total in 6 road games(Matt played 3 home games). In Matt's home games alone in perfect conditions in the dome he has 5 INTs in 3 games.

yep, he was quite good not leading his high powered O to a single point in the 2nd half.

$anchez's last full season he had Chaz Schilens starting, not Roddy White and Julio Jones. mark has never been shut out in a postseason game, in one less game Ryan has 7 INTs, Mark has 3 total in 6 road games(Matt played 3 home games). In Matt's home games alone in perfect conditions in the dome he has 5 INTs in 3 games.

even with all the playoff Bs that is based on whole team there is no team in the league that would start MArk' somebody find me a job " Sanchez over Ryan. This discussion is as silly as the people who claimed Beck was a better prospect than Mat Ryan. Mark Sanchez and his 71 qb rating is not a good qb whoever he has as the parts. I gave Sanchez credit for his team doing well in playoffs before but even with that he is a below average qb

even with all the playoff Bs that is based on whole team there is no team in the league that would start MArk' somebody find me a job " buttfumble over Ryan. This discussion is as silly as the people who claimed Beck was a better prospect than Mat Ryan. Mark buttfumble and his 71 qb rating is not a good qb whoever he has as the parts. I gave buttfumble credit for his team doing well in playoffs before but even with that he is a below average qb

it's amazing how when these QBs play poorly their teams lose in postseason. Just a coincidence.

Mark has 4 playoff wins in 2 postseasons, Ryan has ONE in 4 postseasons and he's played multiple home games.

Give mark the weapons Ryan had and the #s which fans use to determine how good a player is would go significantly up. he's never had that, he's had good talent never top notch.

it's amazing how when these QBs play poorly their teams lose in postseason. Just a coincidence.

Mark has 4 playoff wins in 2 postseasons, Ryan has ONE in 4 postseasons and he's played multiple home games.

Give mark the weapons Ryan had and the #s which fans use to determine how good a player is would go significantly up. he's never had that, he's had good talent never top notch.

Wins are a team stat. So u go ahead and live on what Sanchez did 2 seasons ago in the playoffs and ignore his 71 qb rating and his about to be cut because the Jets don't see him as worth keeping and regret his contract.
Sanchez is not a good qb regardless of his post season success. Has he had some good playoff games yes but week in and wek out he is a below average qb. You cant have a qb play bad all year and pray that the team can carry him to playoffs where he might actually play well.
Ryan is not an issue for the Falcons, although yes the Falcons have not had good postseason success. Geno Smith was very bad this year and the Jets had a better record than the Falcons but Smith definitely did not out play Ryan or anybody

Wins are a team stat. So u go ahead and live on what Sanchez did 2 seasons ago in the playoffs and ignore his 71 qb rating and his about to be cut because the Jets don't see him as worth keeping and regret his contract.
Sanchez is not a good qb regardless of his post season success. Has he had some good playoff games yes but week in and wek out he is a below average qb. You cant have a qb play bad all year and pray that the team can carry him to playoffs where he might actually play well.
Ryan is not an issue for the Falcons, although yes the Falcons have not had good postseason success. Geno Smith was very bad this year and the Jets had a better record than the Falcons but Smith definitely did not out play Ryan or anybody

has he not had the talent around him to win? I understand marino not winning b/c he had very little around him the bulk of his career but players like Ryan, Rivers, Schaub, Romo, Peyton have had elite talent around them and they have won b/c of their poor play in big games.

you don't get to 2 title games w/ below average QB play.

Back
Top Bottom