Matt Ryan Pro-day | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan Pro-day

Parcells knows what the Dolphins need...and he knows what the other teams need...thats what he does best.
He knew the Jets were going after Pace...just like we all knew...all he did is what every team does when they bring in free agents...he tested the waters...he made an offer and Pace use the Dolphins to raise the bid up. Now Parcells doesn't have to worry about the Jets going after one of the linebackers in the draft. Yes...Parcells had the money...and he could have bid up to almost any thing he needed to get Pace...if he really wanted him. You say that Parcells had a limit...why not the Jets also...maybe 22 mil was their limit...we'll never know. Pace will cost 22 mil...but how much will C. Long cost if taken with the top pick...I think a lot more than that 22 mil...maybe 2.5 times as much.

Again...why would ANYONE trade a player after the draft...when that player can just as easily say screw you..I'm retiring...and after the draft...what team in their right mind is going to give the Dolphins anything close to what they can get before the draft..why should they...they would have Parcells over a barrell...wouldn't they?

He knew the Jets were going after Pace...just like we all knew...all he did is what every team does when they bring in free agents...he tested the waters...he made an offer and Pace use the Dolphins to raise the bid up. Now Parcells doesn't have to worry about the Jets going after one of the linebackers in the draft.

I think you are confusing Pace's agent with the Dolphins. :lol: PACE might have used the Dolphins offer or the Jets offer to drive up the bids, but I guarantee you we didnt just make Pace an offer to raise the Jets bid. We wanted to sign him because we wanted him on our team. If you want to ignore that and say I lack common sense, thats fine, but again, provide me with ONE LINK that proves me wrong.

Parcells NEVER had to worry about the Jets going after one of the linebackers in the draft. Why? Because we have the #1 overall pick and if we want Long or Gholston, we can have them. :lol:

but how much will C. Long cost if taken with the top pick...I think a lot more than that 22 mil...maybe 2.5 times as much.

Pace signed a 6 year 42 million contract with 22 guaranteed.

The #1 overall pick will sign a 6 year, 60ish million dollar deal with 30ish million guaranteed.

Nowhere near 2.5 times as much.

I think you are confusing Pace's agent with the Dolphins. :lol: PACE might have used the Dolphins offer or the Jets offer to drive up the bids, but I guarantee you we didnt just make Pace an offer to raise the Jets bid. We wanted to sign him because we wanted him on our team. If you want to ignore that and say I lack common sense, thats fine, but again, provide me with ONE LINK that proves me wrong.

Parcells NEVER had to worry about the Jets going after one of the linebackers in the draft. Why? Because we have the #1 overall pick and if we want Long or Gholston, we can have them. :lol:

The #1 overall pick will sign a 6 year, 60ish million dollar deal with 30ish million guaranteed.

You have your opinon..and I have mine...but one things for sure...the Jets won't be after a linebacker now.

ESPN just projected that this morning on SportsCenter. And, according to their analysts, Ryan's Pro Day wasn't super spectacular, as some here would like to believe.
Fluttering balls.
"Decent" arm strength
"Good" accuracy.

Those are not the descriptive words I'd use for a #1 pick prospect.

Right after the segment on Ryan, they did on on Chris Long, and they suggested that Long will go to Miami with the first.

Anything can happen.
You're right Ryan wasnt "super spectacular". Thank God. We're not drafting a ice skate dancer. The guy solidified his being a top five pick. He showed better mobility than was expected and was great throwing on the run. He hit on 51 of 52 passes (three were dropped by his receivers). Noone expected a Jamracus Russell arm. There was nothing he did to diminsh his ranking. If anything his mobility and and accuracy on the run elevated it

I guess I'm not the only one that see's the real Parcells;

"But the real fact of the matter is that Parcells is known to keep his draft cards close to the vest, meaning the chance of any meaningful information being uncovered in advance is pretty slim. Parcells has also been known to leak misinformation to the media in order to mask his true intentions and use this to his negotiating advantage. While this can be frustrating to those seeking information, it has proven to be an effective way to run a football team."

Back
Top Bottom