Maualuga Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maualuga Update

We really need Rey this week on 1st and 2nd down. I hope he gets some burn. His experience and ability to control the middle is huge for us. If he stays healthy, I believe we will all look back on this as one of the best fa additions of the season.

He's listed at 258 on the Miami dolphins official web page so appears he's at his playing weight

Hoping for short yardage and goalline mike run at least this week

Does Tampa have a better tight end or a better third receiver? If I was them I'd want to be in 12 or 21 personnel as much as I could.
TE ... they had a perfectly good one in Cameron Brate, a 6'5 guy, but hey, Winston needs to be great, so he probably needed another TE. They grabbed OJ Howard, the best in the draft and a complete guy who can block for the run, pass protect, and is a huge 6'5 target, with insane 4.5 speed, good hands, exceptional leaping ability, long arms, oh ... and he also is a great seam threat. Because ... well yeah.

Fortunately for us they don't have any WR's ... unless you count Desean Jackson ... who is ... kinda fast. Or the 6'5 Mike Evans ... who is ... kinda good. Guess 3 studs at 6'5 wasn't enough ... they wanted him to have a speedster too. Our LB's are going to get killed by their TE's. If there's a silver lining, it might be that we will not see them exposed every play, because Winston will have to choose between DeSean Jackson beating his man, Mike Evans beating his man, Howard beating his man or Charles Sims/Jaquizz Rodgers coming out of the backfield. So, basically the only chances our defense has are A) the pass rush gets to Winston first, B) Winston makes an unforced error, or C) somebody fumbles. Our defense vs. that offense ... well hopefully their offense isn't quite in sync yet, because it could get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom