MaxWell & Julius Thomas & Nate Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MaxWell & Julius Thomas & Nate Allen

Allen stood out in a bad way quite a few times. Hoping that was not the norm with the murderer's row of QBs we'll be facing. He's still got the Jets to get it together but after that he needs to look more comfortable out there.

Don't spare Kiko from the **** list. He was absolutely horrendous, which isn't rare for him, although he's usually able to pull his grade up to "average". There was one series where he was single handedly responsible for giving up three huge plays/gains. I think it was the series that led to the Gates TD.
Kiko, Kiko Kiko......where do I begin. Everyone on this board knows how I feel about this guy, he is the only Dolphin I have used the word "sucks" to describe and it set off a firestorm. Unfortunately we are so thin at lb right now, we don't have a choice but to roll with him.

Maxwell needs to be more physical. Running a drag against him is just easy yards... next year he is gone so that is good. For now we need him to step it up.

allen is nothing special but it could be worse I guess. McDonald should provide a boost.

Thomas was a non factor- but he tried blocking it appeared. Maybe he will get more involved in the offense in the future. Things weren't really clicking for the offense in general other than Ajayi

It looked like there was miscommunication by the secondary on quite a few plays. After many plays they were standing there pointing at each other, raising their hands like what the hell? Rivers did a good job of negating our pass rush by getting rid of the ball pretty quickly, but it seemed to be pretty easy pitch and catch for he and his wide receivers. You look at Rivers stats and it's hard to believe he only put 17 points on us (plus 2 missed FG's).

I don't know what Timmons deal was / is....but our LB corps is on life support and the season just started. I cannot wait to see TJ McDonald back there with Jones. Clear upgrade over Allen, and its not even close.

We came out of this one healthy...thank goodness...now regroup, fix the mistakes, and go kick the crap out of the Jets.

I think JT did ok......he was blocking good for the most part and I believe he caught 3 passes?.....Maxwell and Allen are gone after this year if not before. I'd love for Tank to be active this week. We need all the help we can get at corner.

pass rush? pass rush? what pass rush? Rivers had 39 passes and was only hit 3 times while completing 31 and we never got our hands on a single football. Their WR's were open by 10 yards on just about every pass

Ozzy rules!!

So what would Chargers fans say about their stout pass rush? Cutler sacked only once and because Tunsil was looking elsewhere.
but that's because we were throwing 2 yard passes to Landry all day long

Ozzy rules!!

Thomas did good on blocking, but I agree. He is way to slow. We definitely need a upgrade on TE. As far as the other 2 go. I want them gone this week along with Timmons

Thomas showed poor awareness with a delayed release from the line and coming up short of the sticks on a 3rd down. He was 50/50 in run blocking.

In simple math as it relates to the cap. Neither of these guys will be back next year. Both Maxwell and Thomas count as Zero Dollars in cap Dead money. If you read between the lines, their both gone. As far as Allen goes, he is just a stop gap. In terms of play, Thomas is nothing like his old self. To slow, and still can't block himself out of a paper bag!!! Maxwell has had misstep after misstep in his assignments, causing breakdowns in coverage. Let him go play with himself, thinking about how much money he stole from both Philadelphia and Miami over the last 3 seasons. He's been god awful. He sucks!!!

Yep. Kiko was bad. Got swallowed up a couple times, and took some bad angles. The only LB that actually earned his paycheck yesterday was Chase Allen, and his paycheck is as small as it gets when your on the 53.

Kiko did good work in Gordon...he took a bad angle on that Oliver run tho.

Let's not leave Mike Hull out of this. He plays hard, but was exposed badly in the pass game. San Diego figured out very quickly that Hull was too slow to cover Melvin Gordon in the flat, they kept going to it until a change was finally made by switching Kiko to the middle. Kiko did slightly better in that aspect but was still a liability overall. Timmons' absent was evident, leaving our LB very thin.

Back
Top Bottom