Mayock's rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock's rankings

You can cut Thomas and James without being dinged with dead cap money.. Timmons, if there is a clause in the contract because of the AWOL, which enables the Dolphins to release him without any dead cap money will get you to 24 million. The only other player that I would cut would be Pouncey and he will cost 2 million in dead cap of the 9 million he is owed. So that takes you to 39.3 million The 39.3 million includes the 8.2 million in cap space their projected to have for 2018. Pouncey will not be cut because Gase like s the way he plays, which will take you to 32.3 million. Then subtract about 8.2 million to sign theri 2018 draft picks and that leaves you with 24.2 million. The rest of the contracts are just terrible to get out of this year. Suh, you get 3.9 in relief while being dinged with 22.2 million in dead cap. Tannehill 15.2 in relief while eating 4.6 million of dead cap. The other 4 Jones, Alonso, Stills and Branch can't even be considered because it will cost the Dolphins an additional 14.3 million on top of their 2018 salaries. The 24 million you have left to spend, you will spend 16.2 to tag Landry, leaving 7.8 million for all those hole you created by at TE, SLB and RT.

You can cut Thomas and James without being dinged with dead cap money.. Timmons, if there is a clause in the contract because of the AWOL, which enables the Dolphins to release him without any dead cap money will get you to 24 million. The only other player that I would cut would be Pouncey and he will cost 2 million in dead cap of the 9 million he is owed. So that takes you to 39.3 million The 39.3 million includes the 8.2 million in cap space their projected to have for 2018. Pouncey will not be cut because Gase like s the way he plays, which will take you to 32.3 million. Then subtract about 8.2 million to sign theri 2018 draft picks and that leaves you with 24.2 million. The rest of the contracts are just terrible to get out of this year. Suh, you get 3.9 in relief while being dinged with 22.2 million in dead cap. Tannehill 15.2 in relief while eating 4.6 million of dead cap. The other 4 Jones, Alonso, Stills and Branch can't even be considered because it will cost the Dolphins an additional 14.3 million on top of their 2018 salaries. The 24 million you have left to spend, you will spend 16.2 to tag Landry, leaving 7.8 million for all those hole you created by at TE, SLB and RT.

Actually, my only reason for posting the link was to show how close Mayock is to a number of posters here. There's always some variation, but evaluators seldom differ much for all others, and those differences can often be explained by system (e.g., 4-3 vs 3-4). Not to say there are NO significant differences, but consensus top 5 at any position varies little. It's the obligation of the outliers to prove their analysis.Miami has been one of those outliers. The last two drafts have been significantly better. Three straight good drafts and I'll feel a LOT better.

not a good year to lose Landry with those WRs out there. Can't depend on Parker or Grant. Stills is hit or miss. Ridley will be long gone. Miami's pass game will struggle again

Can’t depend on those receivers. So what games exactly does Landry help to blow wide open? Take away Parker and Grant.

I’m listening?

Ideally, we won't be losing Landry, so the point will be moot. Even more ideally, Parker finally lives up to the hype. It would be very Dolphins-like if he suddenly breaks out in his contract year, putting us in the same position next year that we are in with Landry right now, but that's for another thread.

IF Landry walks, I'd be looking towards Christian Kirk. There are several other mid-round slot WRs worth looking at too. The most frustrating part of that will be having to use yet another high-ish pick on a WR.
if we lose landry i agree we need to try and get Kirk

I have to disagree. Stills played through injury and presented a consistent threat.

When looking at this draft, I think there are several receivers that can replace, or even exceed Landry’s production. Better yet, some of them will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Doesn't Landry have the most catches of any receiver in the first four years ever in the history of playing football?

I'm optimistic too, but come on. Saying that multiple players will produce like that first means staying healthy which (Parker) isn't a given.

Let's simmer down now...

Yea Ha every year in the spring so many fans get madden optomistic about how the draft is going to magically replace some valuable veteran. Come fall so many disappointed fans when that logic fails. Until we can get a great coach whom can develop talent then we either overpay when we find nugents of gold in the draft or continue our medocre journey of loosing seasons.

IF Parker breaks out then bye bye Landry.

Why one or the other? Why do we keep wanting to get rid of the little talent we actually have? They play different roles on the offense and with long term contracts, the cost will be manageable. We already know what we have in Landry, so sign him long term and then see what we have in Parker.

Back
Top Bottom