Mayweather/UFC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather/UFC

Mayweather knows that boxing is done. There are no money fights left.

That his big pay day PPV probably is in UFC. So, I could see it happening.

I mean who is anyone going to pay to see Mayweather fight?? There is nobody left for him to fight.

No he won't and he would be stupid if he did. I doubt Dana White is going to throw enough money at him that he decides to do it.

He threw big money at Kurt Angle. And Mayweather is 50X the draw Angle is

I mean who is anyone going to pay to see Mayweather fight?? There is nobody left for him to fight.

That, and his fights are like watching Paint dry.

Mayweather/DeLaHoya was the most hyped fight in the past 20 years and it sucked. Neither one of those fighters as much as stumbled. Hardly any hard shots landed.

I'm almost done with boxing

That, and his fights are like watching Paint dry.

Mayweather/DeLaHoya was the most hyped fight in the past 20 years and it sucked. Neither one of those fighters as much as stumbled. Hardly any hard shots landed.

I'm almost done with boxing

In the post match interviews neither guy had a scratch or a bump or bruise on their face.

It was like they just had a sparing session. The match was a flop!

Why doesnt MMA guys go to boxing. Floyd doesnt know how to fight MMA. Majority of MMA fighters wouldnt last in boxing.

Why doesnt MMA guys go to boxing. Floyd doesnt know how to fight MMA. Majority of MMA fighters wouldnt last in boxing.

The whole issue is Mayweather badmouthing MMA, thats what sparked all of this.

:lol: That is ridiculous. Floyd made 10mill plus the PPV hits which is another 8mill for him. Oscar made 20mill plus another 15mill on the PPV. Who knows how much Golden Boy Production. Floyd made more money then any UFC fighter ever will plus there is going to be a rematch where Floyd will make 20 mill + PPV hits.

So Floyd will make 50+ mill over 2 fights seems like alot more then any UFC fighters.

:lol: That is ridiculous. Floyd made 10mill plus the PPV hits which is another 8mill for him. Oscar made 20mill plus another 15mill on the PPV. Who knows how much Golden Boy Production. Floyd made more money then any UFC fighter ever will plus there is going to be a rematch where Floyd will make 20 mill + PPV hits.

So Floyd will make 50+ mill over 2 fights seems like alot more then any UFC fighters.

Of course he makes more, he's one of the last big stars of a dying sport. The PPV's are overpriced and he fights how often?? Most MMA fighters fight 4+ fights a year not 1 or 2 big fights. They also work under the UFC so the company collects most of the money and pays them by contract where as boxing the fighters get the bulk of the payout.

Amars said:
Oh. Not a surprise.
He bad mouth everyone.

Very true, but thats what started all these talks. He was asked in an interview about the fading Boxing scene and the emergence of MMA and he said "They are guys that couldn't cut it in boxing and had to settle for street fighting in a cage".

Nobody will buy a rematch becuase the match on Saturday was a let-down and not entertaining at all.

Im saying after Mayweather is done with Oscar (rematch or not) there is nobody left for him to have a big money fight against on PPV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's he gonna fight???? And who in their right mind will dish out $54 to watch it!!!!!! THERE IS NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you are a fan of the brawl that is UFC of course all you want is knockout but overall the fight was a good one. It wasnt the Thrilla in Manila but if there was a rematch it will still make more money then any UFC fight. Mayweather vs. Mosely will make more money then any UFC fight also.

Boxing died on Saturday night.

No big money fights left.

No interesting fighters "in their prime" to match-up.

Its a niche sport in the vein of Tennis, Horse Racing, NHL....etc. It will get highlighted once or twice a year in this country then it goes back into a hiding for 363 days or so!

Well if you are a fan of the brawl that is UFC of course all you want is knockout but overall the fight was a good one. It wasnt the Thrilla in Manila but if there was a rematch it will still make more money then any UFC fight. Mayweather vs. Mosely will make more money then any UFC fight also.

Well if your all about the money and thats all your care about like Mayweather, then I guess we'll never see him in the UFC. Theres much more to MMA than "brawling" and "Knockouts".

Well if your all about the money and thats all your care about like Mayweather, then I guess we'll never see him in the UFC. Theres much more to MMA than "brawling" and "Knockouts".

IF Mayweather is all about money he will be in UFC within 9 months!!! That would be the biggest grossing PPV of all time.

MMAWeekly.com said:
In the build-up to his record-settxing bout with Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took the time to slam MMA, the UFC in particular, saying, “It ain’t nothing but a fad… These are guys that couldn’t do boxing.”

He was called on his comments by UFC President Dana White and the UFC Lightweight Champ. White saying that he would put Sherk up against Mayweather as they were nearest each other in weight. Mayweather defeated De La Hoya for the 154-pound belt and Sherk owning the UFC’s 155-pound title.

Mayweather seems to be backpedaling now. According to Yahoo! Sports columnist Kevin Iole, after the fight, Mayweather sent word to Dana White via UFC Vice Present Marc Ratner that all the trash talk about the UFC was just hype for his fight with De La Hoya.

:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom