McClain vs Spikes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain vs Spikes

i just don't see it with spikes...i don't see how he's the pick over mcclain

please elaborate ck

I'm taking McClain, Alex...

Spikes cannot get off blocks well.....William Vlachos owned him yesterday....

Spikes can't touch McClain sideline to sideline.....shedding blocks.....I like McClain better in coverage...

I can understand the "Spikes is more physical" angle....but I don't think it's accurate...

I think Spikes APPEARS to be more physical because McClain is so athletic and smooth for his size....Smart....knows where to be and when to be there......Spikes version of "more physical" isn't as EFFECTIVE of a physical as McClain's....

Also, Spikes looks like a wimp compared to McClain. McClain looks huge out there.

and i think mcclain has much better instincts also...something that's vital for an impact ilb

i watched mcclain move down the los in a controlled yet very fast manner last night...didn't overpursue and leave himself susceptible to cut backs and always in the right position...

mcclain all the way

you guys have to keep in mind spikes has been playing injured this whole damn season - stupid ticky tacky stuff - if it's not one thing it's the other. take the whole 4 years into consideration people.

mcclain does seem to be more fluid changing direction and whatnot - but spikes IS more physical and hits much harder. besides that they're basically the same player.

i think they're both great and will both have incredible NFL careers. if they're both still there when we pick - i say pick one and be pumped. can't go wrong either way.

McClain for sure is the better player.

I would compare this two ILB in this draft to the 07 draft where there was two really good ILB in Willis and Beason, where the 2nd one taken is still very good

you guys have to keep in mind spikes has been playing injured this whole damn season - stupid ticky tacky stuff - if it's not one thing it's the other. take the whole 4 years into consideration people.

mcclain does seem to be more fluid changing direction and whatnot - but spikes IS more physical and hits much harder. besides that they're basically the same player.

i think they're both great and will both have incredible NFL careers. if they're both still there when we pick - i say pick one and be pumped. can't go wrong either way.

haha Spikes hits much harder? Doubt it. He is very physical and has been great for the Gators but Mclain is smarter and faster. Mclain makes every call for this Alabama D which is the best in the country and a very complicated system. There was an article last year on ESPN the stated that many scouts thought Mclain was the best pro prospect in the college games even though he was not eligible.

haha Spikes hits much harder? Doubt it. He is very physical and has been great for the Gators but Mclain is smarter and faster. Mclain makes every call for this Alabama D which is the best in the country and a very complicated system. There was an article last year on ESPN the stated that many scouts thought Mclain was the best pro prospect in the college games even though he was not eligible.

what does smarter and faster have to do with hitting harder? i've watched them both play every game in their collegiate careers and yes - spikes hits harder. not an opinion.

I've seen mocks lately that have Spikes falling into the mid 2nd round....doubt it stays that way but I will just say...take them both.

what does smarter and faster have to do with hitting harder? i've watched them both play every game in their collegiate careers and yes - spikes hits harder. not an opinion.

Because you said they are basically the same player besides a few small differences.

Spikes may hit harder....but it is not that big of a difference. I have seen Mclain knock plenty of runners helmets off, and he does not miss tackles. I like Spikes. He is a competitor and would love to see him on the Fins but Mclain is the type of Linebacker that only comes around every so often.

Because you said they are basically the same player besides a few small differences.

Spikes may hit harder....but it is not that big of a difference. I have seen Mclain knock plenty of runners helmets off, and he does not miss tackles. I like Spikes. He is a competitor and would love to see him on the Fins but Mclain is the type of Linebacker that only comes around every so often.

fair enough. i feel the same way about wanting either one with the 1st rounder - both will be impact NFL players. for me it's kind of pointless to debate who is better b/c they're both ballers - i just have to stand up for spikes when people knock him. i like them both equally to be honest - but i think mcclain has a better chance of being off the board when we pick so i'm going spikes.

Back
Top Bottom