McDaniels told Mike Nolan no more blitzing next year like this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniels told Mike Nolan no more blitzing next year like this year

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Read the story ..." Dean Pees may find trouble in Denver"
By Ron Borges

at:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1226848

It seems it’s not just star players that Josh McDaniels can’t get along with in Denver. He can’t get along with top-shelf coaches either, a fact that opened the door for recently departed Patriots [team stats] defensive coordinator Dean Pees to safely walk out of New England last week without a job or real worries about long-term unemployment.

Less than two weeks after McDaniels acted in a way he would never tolerate from his players - like a petulant child - when he refused to provide his team its best chance to win its final game by benching Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall and tight end Tony Scheffler, he called in defensive coordinator Mike Nolan and told him in no uncertain terms his Broncos would not be blitzing next season like they did this year...

He's losing his mind... and I'm reaping all the benefits ...
Lovitz-1.jpg

When I first laid eyes on McDaniels I thought he was a ****y little **** head. So I am not to surprised that all this is coming out about how he acts.

Before fans revolt, Pat Bowlen needs to drag Little Joshie out to the woodshed with cat o'nine tails in hand to impress upon him once and for all, that this ain't Madden 2010.

our guys can't cover. may as well blitz them.
Our guys will look like coverage kings if we can blitz and put constant pressure. It was basically unfair the position we put the rooks(Corners) in this year.

1. Go against the top receivers in the league
2. Provide ****ty to no safety help
3. Very little constant pass rush.

Give these guys some support and you will see them shine.
Chubbs

Our guys will look like coverage kings if we can blitz and put constant pressure. It was basically unfair the position we put the rooks(Corners) in this year.

1. Go against the top receivers in the league
2. Provide ****ty to no safety help
3. Very little constant pass rush.

Give these guys some support and you will see them shine.
Chubbs

We were 3rd in the league in team sacks. I think it had more to do with our young guys getting schooled and Wilson being total garbage (linebackers weren't much help either). I can give the rooks a pass but Wilson's gotta go, oh and an upgrade at LB is a must.

We were 3rd in the league in team sacks. I think it had more to do with our young guys getting schooled and Wilson being total garbage (linebackers weren't much help either). I can give the rooks a pass but Wilson's gotta go, oh and an upgrade at LB is a must.
Agreed but alot of our sacks came in bunches, there were such long voids between them. There were many games and many times in games where the QB would just sit their and pick his target.

I am not giving the rooks a total out here either. They were schooled a good amount as well, but many of those plays came with little to no pressure from our line.
Chubbs

I'm glad we got Nolan, but I watched most of those Bronco games & I distinctly remember them getting burned for TD's due to all out blitzes more than just a couple of times.

I'm sure we will do much better next season with Nolan as DC. Getting better linebackers is probably going to help as well

Before fans revolt, Pat Bowlen needs to drag Little Joshie out to the woodshed with cat o'nine tails in hand to impress upon him once and for all, that this ain't Madden 2010.

I can never understand what you are saying. Its like a puzzle trying to decipher your posts.

ill rather blitz than not not blitz at all..i hate seein a 4 man rush, everyone blocked and the qb has alll day to find his best target

Back
Top Bottom