McMichael dissed again... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael dissed again...

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How come Randy can't get any respect...another article about the new wave of top TE and no mention of him...

No Love

Who cares about articles? If anything, hopefully this will just motivate him to be even better this year. :)

he is going to get pushed by Perry for playing time, so I think he will really shine this year. It looks like the offensive scheme will suit more short passes which plays right into the hands of a TE.

:D Perry is along snaper and is no threat maybe Lee will press for playing time

Sorry, I'm more of a realist than a homer:

I'd take Shockey, Winslow, Crumpler, Gonzo, & Heap over McMichael any day of the week.

McMichael isn't a star, he's very inconsistent.

I think Gonzo and Heap are no brainers, but the others can't be ahead of Randy IMHO.

Crumpler hasn't done anything more than Randy has. I'd put them about even.

Shockey had a horrid year last year and didn't show that much his rookie season. Come back when he shows it.

The same goes double for Winslow. He might be far better, but he needs to show it in the NFL first.

Edit: To be clear, I'm saying that Shockey's first year wasn't so special that it makes up for a really subpar sophomore season. Players are supposed to progress, not regress, between years 1 and 2. Until he either matches the rookie performance or shows substantial improvement from year 2, he gets no love from me.

McMichael doesn't deserve any "love" yet.

He needs to earn it before being given it.

IMO, Most overrated on Miami but the best cheerleader.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

Even though Randy Mac's my boy, I'm going to have to agree with that.

I want to see consistency from McMichael, which is something that nobody here has seen yet.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

I think McMichael is FAR from over-rated. Maube underutilised... but not over-rated. There are only a few guys (Heap and Gonzales) that I would consider better than him in the NFL right now... and he is on-par with Shockey who gets love as "the best TE in the NFL"

There are only a handful of TE's in the league that have the receiving skills to be a primary receiving threat in the NFL and McMichael is among them.

Jimmy James said:
I think Gonzo and Heap are no brainers, but the others can't be ahead of Randy IMHO.

Crumpler hasn't done anything more than Randy has. I'd put them about even.

Shockey had a horrid year last year and didn't show that much his rookie season. Come back when he shows it.

The same goes double for Winslow. He might be far better, but he needs to show it in the NFL first.

Edit: To be clear, I'm saying that Shockey's first year wasn't so special that it makes up for a really subpar sophomore season. Players are supposed to progress, not regress, between years 1 and 2. Until he either matches the rookie performance or shows substantial improvement from year 2, he gets no love from me.
How was Shockey horrid last year? 48 catches in 9 games. The only reason people think he had a bad year was because he didn't get any extra attention for running his mouth.
McMichael had 49 catches in 16 games.
Sorry, but Mcmike is not in Shockey's class quite yet.

LIQUID24 said:
How was Shockey horrid last year? 48 catches in 9 games. The only reason people think he had a bad year was because he didn't get any extra attention for running his mouth.
McMichael had 49 catches in 16 games.
Sorry, but Mcmike is not in Shockey's class quite yet.

I know Shockey's stats all too well, and that's why I attempted to explain what I meant a bit better. I can also admit that where he stands, I am not the most objective of persons. I can't stand how he flaps those gums of his while missing seven games. You know what, J? Spend a little more time conditioning the rest of that body of yours and a little less time calling people *****.

You know how people tend to feel about TO and/or Moss? Shockey is that guy for me. I really do think his stats last year make him quite overrated. I dare him to shut me up this year, and maybe he will. Until then, I'm going to be down on him.

(PS -- is it obvious that I drafted Shockey too high in my fantasy league last year? It worked out in the end -- I won the league.)

No way can Crumpler be ahead of McMicheal simply because of Randy's blocking ability which he has improved tremendously...
I'd even put Marcus Pollard (when 100% healthy) ahead of Crumpler..
Also, remember that guys like Heap, Gonzalez, Shockey are the FOCAL point of their respective O's...
Look at some Baltimore, KC and Atlanta games and you'll see most of the 3rd downs the QB will have those guys as his first option...
Chambers would be the number 1 receiver on those teams...
Finally it must be pointed out that Fiedler's erratic long ball hasn't helped McMicheal (as opposed to Collins, Vick Green and Boller throwing the deep out you've got Fiedler)
R-Mac might need to do more to earn some 'love' as a top TE but IMO he's got the physical tool and passion to be a top 5 TE in this league...

Tough to be consistent when you don`t get many balls thrown your way. He`s got alot to prove this year and he does make plays (often spectacular ones) when he is given the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom