McMicheal wants new contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMicheal wants new contract

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
McMike wants a new deal because he is one of the better TEs in the NFL but is one of the lowest paid TEs. I say give him more money because he deserves it and he is being good about it by saying he does not need it right away

nick19991 said:
McMike wants a new deal because he is one of the better TEs in the NFL but is one of the lowest paid TEs. I say give him more money because he deserves it and he is being good about it by saying he does not need it right away

I'm glad he doesn't need it right away, becaue it's not going to happen.

Randy needs to realize he is three deep on the resigning bus, perhaps fourth. O-gun, Chambers and possibly Surtain come before him. I won't mind him bringing this up if he can wait, however with his personality, I think we may see him start to rant and rave, and I will not be appy with this.

Let's just hope Randy Mac doesn't turn into O-Gun and possibly sitout for more money. Same goes for Patty Surtain.

Samphin said:
Randy needs to realize he is three deep on the resigning bus, perhaps fourth. O-gun, Chambers and possibly Surtain come before him. I won't mind him bringing this up if he can wait, however with his personality, I think we may see him start to rant and rave, and I will not be appy with this.
what's your cap look like next year?

Let's distinguish things now:

AO is not under contract and would be justified in holding out
RM is under contract and would not be justified in holding out

If the team can make a case for an extension because it clears cap space this year or does something else beneficial, I wouldn't mind handling RM now. Otherwise, he has to wait his turn. It's AO's turn, and it's awfully close to being CC's turn.

He makes it known that stuff is pretty peachy with him, he just wants to be compensated when the time comes so that it equates to the effort he puts on the field. And as a big McMichael homer, he puts in the effort, the fire, and the competitiveness (sp) that is sorely needed from a lot of other players at times. So if he continues to pump up his play and level, pay the man (duh.) :)

!PapaCrunk! said:
He makes it known that stuff is pretty peachy with him, he just wants to be compensated when the time comes so that it equates to the effort he puts on the field. And as a big McMichael homer, he puts in the effort, the fire, and the competitiveness (sp) that is sorely needed from a lot of other players at times. So if he continues to pump up his play and level, pay the man (duh.) :)

Well said! If he plays up to pare I say pay him! I love the guy, he has the intensity that we need on this team!

While I agree Showtime is a great player and deserves to be paid like one of the best at his position, this really isnt a good time to bring this up in the media. We already have the whole Ogun ordeal going on, CC needs to be resigned, and Surtain wants more. Why is it that once we get a little under the cap everybody chimes in for more money? While I love McMichaels game I dont like his timing on this issue.

nick19991 said:

These frikkin' guys are starting to really pizz me off. The guy has only been around for 2 seasons and now he ain't satisfied? he was satisfied and tickled pink when he was drafted. He's jumping the gun about a year early. These guys have forgotten one of the more important things in life..........they forgot where they came from!! :fire:

I'm getting kinda sick of these guys wanting more money when they haven't even made it to the playoffs in 2 years, afc championship or the superbowl. i like him & ogun but damn you got to have more than one good year before demanding top player $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom