McMike no jail, but suspension? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike no jail, but suspension?

pigskinguy said:
So you condone beating women? Nice.

Yeah... that's pretty much what I'm hearing...

Either that or I'm not understanding what Dupree is trying to get at.

The report said the wife had bruises on her arm and face. He obviously smacked her. Convicted or not, if the NFL feels the need to suspend him, I see nothing wrong with that.

Dolphinizzle said:
Yeah... that's pretty much what I'm hearing...

Either that or I'm not understanding what Dupree is trying to get at.

The report said the wife had bruises on her arm and face. He obviously smacked her. Convicted or not, if the NFL feels the need to suspend him, I see nothing wrong with that.
Obviously... how?

Have you seen her mugshot? Have you SEEN McMichael? Precisely to the point, he's a starting TE in the NFL. If he bruised her arms, just by holding her... can you say with a straight face that he would've done that little to her face by "obviously" smacking her?

sbh1602 said:
Obviously... how?

Have you seen her mugshot? Have you SEEN McMichael? Precisely to the point, he's a starting TE in the NFL. If he bruised her arms, just by holding her... can you say with a straight face that he would've done that little to her face by "obviously" smacking her?

Ok, maybe not "obviously" that may of been a poor choice of wording. But more than likely he smacked her. If he didn't fine... But the reports say the woman had bruises on her face. What did he do? restrain her by holding onto her face, give me a break.

I'm sure he didn't full on deck her with a closed fist. But I think it's a fair assumption that he did hit her in the face in some way. Even if it wasn't with his hands. Any man, OR WOMAN for that matter, who gets physical with a pregnant woman, is a coward.

I didn't say I want McMike to be suspended, however, I did say I support the NFL's decision if they feel he deserves it.

I don't think he will get suspended just based on the fact that Randy Moss RAN over a traffic officer and got away with it. I'm not saying hitting a women is ok but getting hit by a car seems much worse.

Why was a 6 month pregnant women getting in a fight????. People call him a coward, I wasn't there don't know for sure what happened. But if you think that all women who claim to have been beat up are always telling the truth then you haven't been around long enough. Not saying she is lying or not, just saying I don't know and I don't think anyone on this board does. Sooner or later someone needs to ask if she was really concerned about her unborn child why was she starting a fight??. Oh I guess I just asked.

Look my beef here isn't whether or not he hit her. We don't know that yet. But I have read alot of people here condoning it if he did hit her. That is what I have a problem with.
Liquid, read my post again and then read his reply. The words were already in his mouth.

pigskinguy said:
Look my beef here isn't whether or not he hit her. We don't know that yet. But I have read alot of people here condoning it if he did hit her. That is what I have a problem with.
Liquid, read my post again and then read his reply. The words were already in his mouth.
He never condoned hitting women. I've been reading his posts on the issue and he never once said that. I don't think anyone here has. From my understanding, Randy was puking and she came in and hit HIM. He then pushed her off/down, possibly giving her a small bruise (look at her mug shot, there's nothing noticable). It was RANDY who then called 911 because he wanted to get outta there and protect his daughter. From what I gather, Randy DEFENDED himself by pushing her off. That's a big difference from smacking her repeatedly. And I don't wanna hear this sh*t "she's small, she's a woman, she can't possibly hurt him." BULLSH*T. If a 15-year old kid came up to you and started swinging, are you gonna tell me he can't hurt you 'cause he's smaller? And I'm not wearing blinders either. I'm looking at this logically.

Look, if he indeed smacked her, he deserves to get suspended, fined, thrown in jail. I can't and won't defend that. But I'm gonna wait for more evidence before I crucify him.

P.S. This rant isn't directed at you pigskin, I'm just speaking in general.

LIQUID24 said:
He never condoned hitting women. I've been reading his posts on the issue and he never once said that. I don't think anyone here has. From my understanding, Randy was puking and she came in and hit HIM. He then pushed her off/down, possibly giving her a small bruise (look at her mug shot, there's nothing noticable). It was RANDY who then called 911 because he wanted to get outta there and protect his daughter. From what I gather, Randy DEFENDED himself by pushing her off. That's a big difference from smacking her repeatedly. And I don't wanna hear this sh*t "she's small, she's a woman, she can't possibly hurt him." BULLSH*T. If a 15-year old kid came up to you and started swinging, are you gonna tell me he can't hurt you 'cause he's smaller? And I'm not wearing blinders either. I'm looking at this logically.

Look, if he indeed smacked her, he deserves to get suspended, fined, thrown in jail. I can't and won't defend that. But I'm gonna wait for more evidence before I crucify him.

I agree with almost everything you say, we don't know the facts yet. And we don't know if he hit her or not. But re-read the threads about this and you will find people defending him even if he hit her. That is the problem I have.

LIQUID24 said:

Agree with evrything 100%! No way McMike coulda hit her across the face(hard neway) with the damage i saw. Ive been in a few fights b4 and i can tell u a hit on the face deff leaves a mark, and i havent been hit by an NFL TE ethir. And ive been saying the same thing about a small person can still hurt u. She could deff hurt someone. If he did punch her, i wouldnt be mad at the NFL for suspending him. If he jus gave her a lil slap to shut her up and get her away i dont see a prob.

Dolphinizzle said:
Ok, maybe not "obviously" that may of been a poor choice of wording. But more than likely he smacked her. If he didn't fine... But the reports say the woman had bruises on her face. What did he do? restrain her by holding onto her face, give me a break.

I'm sure he didn't full on deck her with a closed fist. But I think it's a fair assumption that he did hit her in the face in some way. Even if it wasn't with his hands. Any man, OR WOMAN for that matter, who gets physical with a pregnant woman, is a coward.

I didn't say I want McMike to be suspended, however, I did say I support the NFL's decision if they feel he deserves it.
Fair enough :cool:. But we still don't know if he actually hit her on purpose.

If he did, then yes, I don't condone it. But if it was an accident derived from him grabbing her and moving her away, there's no reason to crucify the guy...

I don't think his intent was to hurt her in any way, at any moment. But we'll have to wait and see...

What gives you the right to judge others?

First of all, this is STILL America, and the 4th of July should be a GREAT reminder of that. If you remember a little thing called the Bill of Rights, you would know that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Second, are you wearing the dude's shoes? Have you been in that situation? I doubt it. So before you go throwing the first stone, why don't you show a little compassion and understanding for what is a very difficult, and humiliating situation for the McMichael family.

I am not going to go into the "you can't have an opinion thing" but everyone makes mistakes, and alcohol has proven to lower a person's inhibitions, and if you were already puking in a toliet and someone starts sceaming a yelling at you, (hormones obviously possible bi-polar disorder, maybe he went out drinking to get away from problems?) and all the sudden you get struck repeatedly, you might have been the one to push someone away from you to get away from them. Did I say it was the smart thing to do? NOPE. I said it was the possible thing to do.

Judge not other lest ye be judged.

Lie to others, don't lie to yourself.

Football players are people like everyone else. They make bad calls like the rest of us. Everyone can see he screwed up.

Honestly, I care about what he does on the field, and i'll leave his personal life to the tabloids.

Back
Top Bottom