McMillan has agreed to terms. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMillan has agreed to terms.

Just saw a tweet that he was getting "madder and madder" seeing all these other LB getting drafted before him because he thinks he was the best in thr nation.

Adding a chip on this kid's shoulders with his already great play? Good god.

So our two picks that are most likely to log significant minutes early in 2017 are already under contract?? Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic! Let's get this defense FIXED.

I like that he is ready play.. learn the play book.... rookie

Absolutely! He may not start out at Mike, but the earlier he learns it the sooner he will be able to transition there. Probably next year, but given our penchant for injuries, we may need him there sooner rather than later. So get to work rookie!

My bold prediction for the Dolphins '17 defense: Raekwon starts at MLB.

I'm not as down on Kiko as you are, but this is exactly what I want too. A thumper in the middle. I'm sick of bad run defense.

Alonso also seems like the type that would not bitch and moan if moved to Will, but take it in stride and use his coverage skills there.

I'm not as down on Kiko as you are, but this is exactly what I want too. A thumper in the middle. I'm sick of bad run defense.

Alonso also seems like the type that would not bitch and moan if moved to Will, but take it in stride and use his coverage skills there.

Kiko is a weakside guy no matter if it's Timmons or McMillian in the middle.

Yeah, I am afraid of that, too. :chuckle:

I'd rather McMillan and Timmons, even though Timmons is a subpar in pass coverage at this point in his career. The sooner Alonso leaves the better off our LB unit will be as he isn't a fit for our scheme. He's best suited for Will in an Under front where he is protected by the d-line.

This. Kiko on the weak, Timmons at strong.

The Chef is the thumper we need up front. That alone will work wonders for our run defense. Another prediction to throw in: he plays all three downs.

Finally someone to make a tackle after the opposing teams RB blows past Suh & Phillips....finally a thumper to make them pay...instead of them gallivanting through our secondary.

I suspect Raekwon starts out at Sam. That allows a veteran to call the defense in his first year, and puts his athletics on display on the outside. I'm very torn though, because he's a natural Mike and he should be in our Nickel set as one of our two primary LB's. If he can handle it as a rookie, it makes the most sense to play him at the Mike. But the NFL is a big step up, he doesn't know the defense, and the poor QB's of the Jets and Bills will get an extra advantage confusing him.

Should we decide to play him at the Mike, everyone needs to pump the brakes and realize that he has a steep learning curve and he will not be as effective there as a rookie compared to playing Sam or Will. The decision and communication elements are a lot to ask of a kid who only has 3 years of college in a defense full of NFL prospects. We will learn a lot about how fast he gets it in the preseason, even against vanilla offenses.

Anyone who is high on Timmons really needs to look at last year's film ... for the last year and a half the guy hasn't been the same player he used to be. He was always bad at coverage, and now he's worse. But his trademark run defense skills seem to have eroded quite a bit too. I think Timmons starts at Mike only because of his experience so he can call the defense. Once Raekwon gets up to speed with that, he is the clear better Mike.

I suspect Raekwon starts out at Sam. That allows a veteran to call the defense in his first year, and puts his athletics on display on the outside. I'm very torn though, because he's a natural Mike and he should be in our Nickel set as one of our two primary LB's. If he can handle it as a rookie, it makes the most sense to play him at the Mike. But the NFL is a big step up, he doesn't know the defense, and the poor QB's of the Jets and Bills will get an extra advantage confusing him.

Should we decide to play him at the Mike, everyone needs to pump the brakes and realize that he has a steep learning curve and he will not be as effective there as a rookie compared to playing Sam or Will. The decision and communication elements are a lot to ask of a kid who only has 3 years of college in a defense full of NFL prospects. We will learn a lot about how fast he gets it in the preseason, even against vanilla offenses.

Anyone who is high on Timmons really needs to look at last year's film ... for the last year and a half the guy hasn't been the same player he used to be. He was always bad at coverage, and now he's worse. But his trademark run defense skills seem to have eroded quite a bit too. I think Timmons starts at Mike only because of his experience so he can call the defense. Once Raekwon gets up to speed with that, he is the clear better Mike.

While I agree with you I will hold my judgement. McMillen has the opportunity to walk in and take over as a rookie in the middle and make the calls and do it all from the start. We won't know what he is capable of until they begin to get the on field work done. I'm looking forward to it. No matter how they line up come opening day it looks like our LBers will be much improved over all.

As for Timmons, his skills may have declined some but I will bet he brings the leadership to the table to get the most out of our new addition.

Back
Top Bottom