Media power can cripple a fan base. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media power can cripple a fan base.

Way to hit the nail on the head MDFINFAN, I agree. This team is far from perfect, but at least our coaches make every effort to get as close as possible.

I am not trying to belittle anyones veiw of DW. I am stateing the facts that are there. Untill this year the same man DW was in charge of bringing players into this organization. He failed to get LT that was not a rookie and hoped for the best with an often injured player. He was wrong. He drafted a LB when we had depth at Lb and passed on a wr we needed.Wrong. We continued to start a qb who has exzactly one playoff win in his years of playing and that was more to do with a rb carrying him. Loving the coach is not being motivated. you can love your mother cause she is easy on you for exsample,but still be a half a@# person. The person who puts those players on the field,"the Coach," is responsible for how they play. I.E. exicute, to allow players to continually not perform at a level they need to is a glaring weakness.Wanny even admitted he should have changed the o-line last year,but stuck with the vets. If our wrs were so bad last year it was because Wanny failed to adress the position with anyone other than Mcknight who was a bust and DT who up untill now is a bust. Second rate wrs for a second rate coach who thinks he can simply just run the ball and not have a decent mixture. It is not any worse than shula passing all the time with Dan and not getting a running game involved. I do feel Don was wrong for that and that is why we lost then. If NE was so predictable then why did we not beat the crap out of them instead of being out coached again. I will tell you this much you look at Bill parcells and see what he has done with Dallas and less talent. Sure i was at the turkeyday game and Dallas looked bad. i will bet you though in time he will have that team better than ours as long as wanny is still here. he simply is able to get these mediocore player to play better than what they are supposed to be. This is what i am saying. DW is unable to take the talent we have and make them a team of overachievers. I may be wrong about this this year. I hope i am. I love Miami and respect your opinion. I just will not allow myself to go into this year thinking gee mayeb things will change on off with Wanny. I did that last year and the year before. I am going to have an open mind when i see them play but not a broken heart when i see them make the same mistakes because they are not playing like they could with a better gameplan and better coaching.

We need you to manage the salary cap..Did you know that Dixon wouldn't make it back? What LB depth are you refering to. After our starters the last couple of years we've had no depth. We've had ST'ers but no depth. Zach gets hurt and the position goes down. DT played great the year before in DC, how could any one know he was going to be bad, remember last year's mini camps and TC, and PS, he was the rave. Generally it's easier to be generated by someone you respect and like vs someone you don't. If NE out coached us, why didn't they beat the crap out of us. If I remember correctly, Mare missed two FG's before NE finally scored to win in the first game, the second was a lucky int. At that range not many people would have made that catch, the different, a playmaker vs non playmakers (miami), that's why I don't get you guys saying we have so much talent, I see it as we have so much potential. As far as you know, our team can be over achieving..which would mean, and you're going to hate me for this, that Wanny is getting the best out of them..

Well I guess their is two views on this issue, This Lt will probably develope into one of leagues best, but for the time being it is a huge risk. As for Fiedler, yes he only had one playoff win, but his winning percentage was outstanding. I would also like to point out that it is a team effort, and feidler is only one person. As for depth at LB, I don't consider Tommy Hendricks and Scott galyon great depth whom I believe were our backups at the time. Any way the bottom line is that for the time being those choices did not work out, but You can bet your a$$ that Wanny thought they would, and believe me, they should have worked out the way they planned. You are right DW is not a GREAT coach but the guy works his a$$ off and he is a good football teacher. We can forget about Wanny's personnel moves. That is now up to Rick.

MDFINFAN said:
which would mean, and you're going to hate me for this, that Wanny is getting the best out of them..

:cooldude: Great post! I totally agree. I would love for someone to bash Wanny then.

Back
Top Bottom