Mediocre Miami Dolphins need to stop playing it safe and acquire QB Vince Young | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mediocre Miami Dolphins need to stop playing it safe and acquire QB Vince Young

Lake mediocrity is starting to really stink, at least Young would give the possibility of a Vick type blossoming.

If Not.......we can draft a proper prospect next year.

At least we took a shot at greatness versus swimming with the rest of the bottomfeeders in a hopeless going nowhere fishbowl.
highly unlikely.. even divine intervention would not work

Here is the way I see it. You get Orton who is unlikely to get you above 8 or 9 wins, an improvement, but a moderate one, not to mention it costs us a draft pick to get Orton.

With Young, you can either sink or swim. He either crashes and burns and we suck (and draft a QB in a very good class next year) or he excels and we improve. If Orton comes in and fails, we'll be looking at having to spend TWO 2012 draft picks on a QB (the 3rd for Orton, and likely a 1st on a 'franchise' type player). With Vince Young, you could just cut him and walk away.

It just makes more sense to me. Remember last time we passed on a free agent to trade for someone? (Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees)

Well Orton is not the Answer for any team other than a quality back up. On the other hand VY is 30-17 as a starter and the Titans are 15-18 without him. That says e erything we need to know. What we don't know is the speculation regarding his personal life, what we do know is he argued with his coach cause he wanted to stay in the game after tearing a tendun in his thumb. I'll take fact over rumors any day!

Plus we are the wildcat team,Vince Young is a faster Ronnie Brown who can throw. Own who you are

I agree acquiring Orton is a waste of time in my opinion. We dont seem to be trying to get over the hump. Still playing it safe.

Lake mediocrity is starting to really stink, at least Young would give the possibility of a Vick type blossoming.

If Not.......we can draft a proper prospect next year.

At least we took a shot at greatness versus swimming with the rest of the bottomfeeders in a hopeless going nowhere fishbowl.

I agree with you Blue. Perhaps he can turn into another Michael Vick comeback kid type of situation. If Young tears things up like Vick, attendance will go through the roof. If not, we toss his azz into the garbage and we still have our 1st, 2nd & 3rd intact. The only problem is that if Dolphins stink this season, that's it for Sporano and crew.

A headcase like Vince Young with Brandon Marshall in a city like Miami??? That's a recipe for trouble! No thanks!

I'll take trouble and winning over boy scouts and losing.

only problem is we wouldnt be winning.. And what would happen when VY finds his same mental trouble and cant play, we still get to pay him a salary

only problem is we wouldnt be winning.. And what would happen when VY finds his same mental trouble and cant play, we still get to pay him a salary

The guy has the talent, he just needs the right people around him. I do like the idea of Orton and B Marsh reuniting. Really any QB IMO, but McNabb is an upgrade. I traveled to 5 home games from Tampa last year, spent thousands of dollars including merchandise and way too much time, to watch a QB who can't run a 2 minute drill, one-hop the ball to WR's. Henne at best gets us 7-9. VY can spread the field. We have 2 of the top 10 tackels in the game and a great interior line. He'll have plenty of time and more than enough space for bootlegs and rolling out, which keeps the defense on their toes, ask Philly

I've followed Vince Young's (VY from here on out) career from the time he was a Longhorn until now. Jeff Fisher never wanted VY in Tennessee. Fisher wanted Matt Leinart. Bud Adam's forced him to take VY and Fisher wanted VY to fail from day 1. VY was brought in and saved Fisher's job two different times after 0-6 starts. The problems with VY have never been on the field issues, they've always been issues between Fisher and VY. Fisher says one thing, the media repeats it so that automatically makes it fact.

VY suicide attempt = Came from Jeff Fisher

VY reportedly left his home in Nashville and was upset on a Monday afternoon. He left his phone at home and his mother was worried about him, so she called Fisher. Fisher then made it into something that it wasn't. VY was at a friends house watching Monday Night Football.

Either way, VY isn't problem free. He's made mistakes and I'm not completely taking up for him. I know he's had his issues. He has a temper, no doubt. But, he is a good Quarterback. He get's better all the time and is one of the few QB's available right now that could have the ability to make a SuperBowl run within the next year or so. Kyle Orton isn't a Superbowl QB, and never will be.

VY is a playmaker, he makes big plays at the right times. He makes the game exciting to watch. He will get his chance to play somewhere and I have confidence that it'll be a good thing for him. I do believe the problems he had in TN were about 80% Fisher.

I would love to see VY come to the Phins and make something positive happen with this team. It's been too long.

Back
Top Bottom