Mel Kiper's Dolphins 2nd Round Pick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's Dolphins 2nd Round Pick.

oteroed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He's saying we pick WR, Gonzalez, from Ohio State.
Good reciever, third down option, I like the pick.

Okoye is our first pick according to Kiper.

Okoye is a bad pick at #9. Odds are he wont be the bpa and we already have Holliday, Traylor, Wright x2, Fifita, Evans and Vickerson at DT. We really don't need another one right now.

I'm not to excited about either pick.

Okoye is a bad pick at #9. Odds are he wont be the bpa and we already have Holliday, Traylor, Wright x2, Fifita, Evans and Vickerson at DT. We really don't need another one right now.
:yeahthat:

I think we need a lot of offensive help, and many scout believe Gonzalez is the best "route runner" of the draft.

Alot of good that does us if
A: We dont have a QB to get him the rock and
2: If Daunte does come back, he doesnt have a line to give him any time to get him the rock

If we dont get Quinn in the first (Via Trade or virtue) I could live with Okoye-

I never get hyped up over who Mel Kiper projects as our picks. His hit/miss ratio is no better than the average fans. Draft predictions/projections are impossible. What happens in the days prior to the draft and on draft day is impossible to predict and any little thing can throw an entire projected draft out of wack. Noone can be very accurate over one round, much less 2,3,4...

After all that: No way we pick Gonzales at #40. No way.

Okoye would be a best player available pick for the first round I feel. He is a high upside player with alot of potential. Reminds me alot of a young tim bowens. No our needs do not match with that. But, it is very hard to argue about the kid's potential at all. He would be a great 3-4 DE and if he adds 20 lbs he could be a NT for our defense to remember for a good while. of course that depends if he could, would, put on the weight for us. He is also an upstanding character player.

I would prefer a trade back, taking Joe Staley for a LT, and adding Kalil/Grubbs/sears in the 2nd with Edwards. Getting another pick to use for another piece and in the 3rd taking a BPA

Does anybody else think that Kiper is waiting till the week before or the week leading into the draft to unveil what he really thinks. He just seems to juggle these around for a couple of months, no real rhyme or reason

He's saying we pick WR, Gonzalez, from Ohio State.
Good reciever, third down option, I like the pick.

Okoye is our first pick according to Kiper.

Was this on TV? I'm asking because his mock from espn.com has us taking levi brown.

re:

Does anybody else think that Kiper is waiting till the week before or the week leading into the draft to unveil what he really thinks. He just seems to juggle these around for a couple of months, no real rhyme or reason

I've begun to think that. Everyone keeps bouncing around so much, that when draft day comes, he can point out that at one point, he did have that player going to the place he goes to. I don't buy all this hype for Gaines Adams at #2. I don't buy that the Raiders won't take JaMarcus Russell. I don't think Adrian Peterson will drop to #7 for Minnesota. But, if it happens, he can say "I picked that....one time"

Back
Top Bottom