Mel Kiper's Dolphins 2nd Round Pick. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's Dolphins 2nd Round Pick.

damn it ya we need a wr with talent ;henceforth we can always patch the oline together . look all we need to do is get a ot in rd 1 then get a stud wr in rd2 a gonzales will do nicely. and then get lyle sendlein ot with 2b and then get ot corry hilliard in rd4 then get a olb in 6a and a cb in rd6b and a dt in rd7

then next year we can get qb, te, rb, and de .
or if it was me i would trade out of the first rd and get a extra 2 nd and 4th and a 2nd rd pick next year and draft the following.
rd2 a center ryan kalil
rd2 b ot lyle sendlein
rd2 c ot doug datish
rd2 d wr craig davis
rd3 dt ryan mcbean
rd4 a lb qunincy black
rd4 b wr d'juan woods
rd 6 a rb justin vincent
rd6 b cb nick graham
rd 7 de brian robinson

i know , i know bad idea , i know some guys may be gone but noboddy really knows anything anyways.

He's saying we pick WR, Gonzalez, from Ohio State.
Good reciever, third down option, I like the pick.

Okoye is our first pick according to Kiper.

Hate that mock. For all that we draft Tedd Ginn Jr at #9 and an OL at #40. We don't need Okoye this year. We can draft one next year. We have Evans and Manny to prove they aren't any good first. They will and should be given the chance to play some behind Traylor this year. If they show promise, then we wont even have to draft a NT next year either. But if they both stink(which I doubt they "both" stink)...then we draft a NT "next" year.

That draft is dumb. If Mel thinks we will leave OL for the 2nd and beyond, then we might as well draft Tedd Ginn Jr at #9.

But maybe Levi Brown may be a better pick than Okoye as well. Point is, we don't need to waste a 1st round pick on no Okoye. Especially not this year.

I really enjoy Kiper on draft day but prior to draft I can't stand him or his mocks. I'm greatful that he doesn't distribute the draft pool to NFL teams.

Don't read much into Kiper's projections it's his player evaluations that matter. He's on the ball most of the time.

Does anybody else think that Kiper is waiting till the week before or the week leading into the draft to unveil what he really thinks. He just seems to juggle these around for a couple of months, no real rhyme or reason

The thing of it is, for Kiper and other draftniks, you have to assume inside the top 10 that teams take BPA, not need. If it happens to match a need, great. But I don't see how we could be disappointed with Akoye. He's a guy that can shore up the Holliday side of the line for years to come or possibly play inside.

Most of us wish the Fins can get a top 10 talent and still fill a specific need. I see the BPA being a DE, DT or even WR at #9...It's a tough decision to make but it can only be messed up if they reach for someone via need and take a player out of slot...

He's saying we pick WR, Gonzalez, from Ohio State.
Good reciever, third down option, I like the pick.

Okoye is our first pick according to Kiper.

Isn't Kiper forgetting the OTHER 2nd round pick?

Okoye is a bad pick at #9. Odds are he wont be the bpa and we already have Holliday, Traylor, Wright x2, Fifita, Evans and Vickerson at DT. We really don't need another one right now.
Traylor is on his last legs, the Wrights, Fifita Evans and Vickerson are just development type guys at this point. We definitely need an injection of youth and talent at the DT position. Okoye might be the answer.

Don't read much into Kiper's projections it's his player evaluations that matter. He's on the ball most of the time.
I agree that Kiper is better than some but he has made some very bad predictions in the past. Case in point, Mike Williams.

Everybody slips at one point or another. Usually he is pretty good about this stuff, just not when it comes to projecting team need to pick.

Okoye is a bad pick at #9. Odds are he wont be the bpa and we already have Holliday, Traylor, Wright x2, Fifita, Evans and Vickerson at DT. We really don't need another one right now.

yeah, and check out the interviews today from practice on the Miami official site, Manny Wright could be a beast this year for us. I see Freddy Evans and Manny doin just fine in the middle. I think you could make a case for DE moreseo than DT no matter how old some of our guys our. Our "old" guys have been holding up pretty damn well. Knock on wood.

A lot of people think he could go to Washington at #6, so your bpa comment holds little water.

Okoye has exceptional upside that some other players picked in our area probably don't have. If the front office think he can be a great player, they probably won't pass on him if he's there unless Quinn is somehow still around.

I know, we already have yadda yadda yadda. Let's take a closer look. Holliday is no spring chicken. Traylor is done after this year. Vickerson was not even tendered and is playing in NFLE, so they're not exactly doing backflips over his potential. Fafita is nothing special. The Wrights? They have potential. They also have a lot to prove.

Don't undersell the need for defensive linemen. It may not be our most pressing need, but dominating up front will win you a lot of ball games. And in today's NFL, where defensive linemen are constantly rotated in, you need as many good ones as you can get.

yeah, and check out the interviews today from practice on the Miami official site, Manny Wright could be a beast this year for us. I see Freddy Evans and Manny doin just fine in the middle. I think you could make a case for DE moreseo than DT no matter how old some of our guys our. Our "old" guys have been holding up pretty damn well. Knock on wood.

Manny Wright could. But to assume that based on his history is illogical.

Back
Top Bottom