Merged: 2003 Mvp?/And the Fins 2003 MVP Goes To...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2003 Mvp?/And the Fins 2003 MVP Goes To......

Who to you think will be named the team's 2003 MVP?

• DE Adewale Ogunleye

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • RB Ricky Williams

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • WR Chris Chambers

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • LB Zach Thomas

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • CB Patrick Surtain

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • DE Jason Taylor

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • TE Randy McMichael

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • T Wade Smith

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow...what about Zach!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the guy was loaded with tackles. He is the heart of the D

You guys have to remember that this poll is about 2003, not the future. I don't know how any of you can say that Ricky was our MVP last year. He may have had a crappy line, but he still struggled. His yards per carry wasn't good at all.

The MVP of the team last year is either Surtain or Ogunleye IMO. The MVP should definitely go to a defender, since there were quite a few defenders who had better seasons than anyone on our offense. I give the nod to Surtain, but Ogunleye would be deserving if he won it.

When I was reading the title of this thread, I was thinking that we were being asked who the MVP of the league was going to be....I had my fingers crossed that no one answered Mike Vick.

Chris Chambers, He has to be the teams Mvp due to his blow up in 03. He makes clutch plays and has great acrobatic catches. He was the only thing the kept some defenses from stacking the box with 8.

Dolphins Mvp for 2003 goes to.....

With the Dolphins Kickoff 2004 Banquet next Wednesday, June 2, who do you think will be named the team's 2003 MVP?

36% DE Adewale Ogunleye
22% RB Ricky Williams
18% WR Chris Chambers
10% LB Zach Thomas
8% CB Patrick Surtain
5% DE Jason Taylor
1% TE Randy McMichael
1% T Wade Smith
3,394 Total Votes

What do you guys think and why?

I voted Chambers for several reasons.
1. He was the one player on our team scoring the majority of our touchdowns. He was the lone wide reciever last year with production, and that was with Qb and Ol struggles.

2.I voted Chambers over Ricky because Ricky had a average year at best due to 8-9 in the box and bad Ol play.

3. I voted Chambers over Ogun because I could honestly say that last year Chambers scoring won more games for us then Ogun getting to the Qb. Ogun was great last year for us but I also think with the contract talks going on and him threatening to sit out, voters would be hard pressed to give him such a prestigous award when he may not even be with us next year. Chamber and co. will though.

Chambers over everybody else is pretty much self explainatory if you watched the games.

This poll is on the Fins official website if you would like to vote some more...

Comments....

i would have voted for Chambers also because OGUN did have a good year but he wasnt putting up the points for us like Chambers was...Ricky had a good year but with the line and defense putting 8 guys in the box really hurt us...Chambers would get my vote

I'd go with Chambers as well. His ability to catch Fiedler's erratic long range passes was one of the few bright spots this year. Also, imagine how many interceptions he prevented, that an average WR would have allowed by not being able to get to those balls...

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
wow, people love Ogun.

That's because he performed better than every other player on our team last year.

Sadly, Ricky is going to get votes because he is overrated by Dolphins fans, sort of like Canes players are coming into the NFL. Hell, Ricky wasn't even the best player on the offense last year.

Its simple to me...comes down to Ricky, or Chambers, and I picked Chambers. The other guys, you ask yourself what would we have done without them? Well, ok not having Surtain would hurt, but it wouldn't be the end of the world even though he was superb...cuz Madison is still decent if not All-Pro like he use to be. What would we do without Wale or Taylor? Take away one and you still have the other. Not having Zach would hurt a little, but my personal opinion is that he's a great cleanup man, but not a super special talent anymore. No offensive linemen should even be options. So then it comes down to Ricky, or Chambers. Could Minor have averaged what Ricky averaged behind that OL? Maybe. Actually, I'd say probably. Could anyone have even come CLOSE to replacing Chambers' production? No, not even by a longshot. Derrius was sucking, McKnight was sucking, Gadsden was sucking, and we had after that guys like Newson and Tolver (injured). Chambers not only almost caught 1000 yards from crap quarterbacks that didn't have any good protection, more importantly he caught 11 TDs.

Thats overwhelming to me. Chambers gets it.

hate to say it, but Mare make 2 more FGs - 1 ag Houston and 1 ag NE and we are talking MVP for him :(

I voted for CC, his TD production this year improved over 300%. If it were not for some of his great catches, we would have been on the loosing side of some games (ex. Dallas, Jets in Dec)...

ckparrothead said:
Its simple to me...comes down to Ricky, or Chambers, and I picked Chambers. The other guys, you ask yourself what would we have done without them? Well, ok not having Surtain would hurt, but it wouldn't be the end of the world even though he was superb...cuz Madison is still decent if not All-Pro like he use to be. What would we do without Wale or Taylor? Take away one and you still have the other. Not having Zach would hurt a little, but my personal opinion is that he's a great cleanup man, but not a super special talent anymore. No offensive linemen should even be options. So then it comes down to Ricky, or Chambers. Could Minor have averaged what Ricky averaged behind that OL? Maybe. Actually, I'd say probably. Could anyone have even come CLOSE to replacing Chambers' production? No, not even by a longshot. Derrius was sucking, McKnight was sucking, Gadsden was sucking, and we had after that guys like Newson and Tolver (injured). Chambers not only almost caught 1000 yards from crap quarterbacks that didn't have any good protection, more importantly he caught 11 TDs.

Thats overwhelming to me. Chambers gets it.

my thoughts exactly

Back
Top Bottom