MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Colts Go Perfect\undefeated

WitheringPlant said:
For one thing, it has been said over an over.
Secondly, the Patriots aren't that good of a team. The only reason anybody is making a big deal is because the Pats have beat them in the past. The problem with that logic is that the Pats have been a very good team in the past. Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Diego, and Cincy are all better teams. Seattle might even be better, but that is stretching it.

I don't know if you can say all those teams are better than Indy but it can be argued that there are capable of beating them.

ererrr..not yet Satan's children are only down by 14 with 5 left in the 3rd.

Don't forget who the Colts beat: Baltimore (2-6), Jacksonville (5-3), Cleveland (3-5), Tennessee (2-7), SF (2-6), St. Louis (4-4), Houston (1-7).. I mean not exactly world beaters!!

The Colts defense is overrated.

They have beaten up on weak sister offenses all year.

The one good offense they did play, the Rams, was moving up and down the field on them. Bulger got hurt and that was that.

The Patriots have no running game so they are weak offensively (even though Brady is the best player in football).

I'd say they lose three times:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle

Pick your three.

The Bengals will move the ball on them.
The Steelers can shove it down their throats.
The Jags always play them tough.
The Chargers can score points.
The Seabags are a GREAT home team and it will be a typically unpleasent December afternoon in Seattle.

The Colts will not go undefeated.

unifiedtheory said:

The one good offense they did play, the Rams, was moving up and down the field on them. Bulger got hurt and that was that.

The Patriots have no running game so they are weak offensively (even though Brady is the best player in football).

Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle

Pick your three.

The Seabags are a GREAT home team and it will be a typically unpleasent December afternoon in Seattle.

Those are all good points. New England had allowed more points than they scored going into tonight. Last week they won a game while being outrushed 39 attempts to 22. That is a sign of an overrated team and normally impending doom the following week, if you win with 25 rushing attempts or less. I mentioned that here many times, usually regarding Philly, but also including this game a few days ago. I won a first half wager tonight but I'm feeling numb if Indy holds on, now up 34-21. This is the game I expected Indy to lose before all the injuries to New England. That just isn't the same team without Law, Seymour, Harrison and Light, not to mention the two coordinators.

I'll gladly go under three losses for the Colts, unless they have two before home field is clinched and then Manning is rested.

Tonight it would drop to about 22/1 against Indy going 19-0. That's less than any time I can remember since 1990, other than Denver in '98, when it reached less than 10/1 once they were 13-0.

Very true about the offenses Indy has faced. Now perhaps the Bengals have a shot at home. They were the ones who bumped Kansas City when the Chiefs were unbeaten a few years ago. But I have more faith in the Steelers, even at Indy. That team will have an excellent game plan, a physical presence, and an ongoing confidence they'll line up and beat anyone.

This year's Colts are the most "unbeatable" team that I have ever seen in the NFL.

Strong passing, strong running, strong defense. Peyton Manning is one of the top rated passers. Edgerrin James is one of the top rushers, and averaging nearly 5yds/carry. And they've only given up 77 pts so far this year, which is #1 in the league. They're nearly perfect.

That said, this is the NFL. And any team can beat any team.

It's way to early to worry about them going undefeated. Especially when they play several good teams still. If NE was the best team left on there schedule maybe there'd be a little to worry about. Plus teams do lose to teams that they shouldnt all the time.

normaldude said:
This year's Colts are the most "unbeatable" team that I have ever seen in the NFL.

Strong passing, strong running, strong defense. Peyton Manning is one of the top rated passers. Edgerrin James is one of the top rushers, and averaging nearly 5yds/carry. And they've only given up 77 pts so far this year, which is #1 in the league. They're nearly perfect.

That said, this is the NFL. And any team can beat any team.

They have those great defensive numbers are being put up by beasting up on bad teams.

This Colt team is'nt even in my top 20 of "best teams I've ever seen/most unbeatable team I've ever seen".

The Rams of 1999 were a great team and people were talking "undefeated season" with them to when the 2000 season started...they looked unbeatable.

The Jimmy Johnson Cowboys would blow these Colts out....so would the 49er's of the same era. Those teams never went undefeated.

first of all, yea it's cool that the fins are the only team to ever go undefeated, but if the Colts do it, oh well.

also, we still have a chance at the playoffs. i know if we make it that we most likely won't go past the 1st round, but at least we'll be in. it's been so long since we've made the playoffs that just getting in again would be a treat, even if we don't deserve it. anyways Pats lost, I'm happy, and as an ending note....

I can't wait to see R&R run over NE next week so we can be tied for 1st.

UT is right ... they have 5 'tough' opponents remaining on their schedule .... only 2 potential 'cold' weather games .... where Peyton usually doesn't shine ... they will likely lose 2/3 of these games. 3 of these teams are guaranteed to be in the playoffs, all 5 have playoff potential. The PITT game is critical in determining home field for the playoffs [since PITT 'should' win their division and challenge for the best record in the AFC]

Nov 20 at Cincinnati
Nov 28 Pittsburgh
Dec 11 at Jacksonville
Dec 18 San Diego
Dec 24 at Seattle

unifiedtheory said:

Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle

Pick your three.

the pats aren't weak offensively. with no running game they can still put up 30 points a game on anyone. brady plays the same against every defense (which is why, as you said, he's the best player in the game)

they don't have the defense!!! teams with secondaries that bad don't go 19-0...

we go through this every year... i never really worry...

Undefeated Indy?

Starting to look a little scary. They have an outside chance at making it. Someone or some unit always seems to step up every game. And none of them are ever injured. What's in the water over there?

There schedule is terribly easy...and on top of that they are a good football team.

Back
Top Bottom