MERGED 2X: Corey Simon to Bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Corey Simon to Bills

thecoordinator said:
bills trade what for simon? a draft pick? doubt it. the deal that would have been foreseeable would have been henry for simon but that can't happen now, henry is gone. but perhaps the biggest factor is the bills didnt resign big pat because of the money he wanted. the reason simon is holding out is he wants a fat contract. this move aint happening. besides, you guys have all heard haven't you? the bills have ron edwards and he's better than big pat anyway. it's kind of like losman, and everyone on the bills for that matter. they are all probowl players and the bills are going to the superbowl this year.
P Williams wanted money, and the bills didnt think he was worth that much.
his age was a factor, and he came out on passing downs. he was a run stopper. and we didnt think he was worth the money he got from the vikings.

C. Simon is worth the money. and haas 4 or 5 solid years left.

R. Edwards is NOT better than Pat Williams. edwards may have improved in the off season, but he had so far to go, there is no way hes better than Pat.

"The Eagles nearly had a deal done before the draft that would have sent Simon to the Baltimore Ravens for two draft picks, believed to be a second-rounder and a third-rounder. Baltimore could not come to contract terms with Simon, however." http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/112322928129970.xml&coll=5

ill trade a 2nd and 3rd for simon. but i would rather have a OT.

Simon is an overrated bum.

The biggest problem with Corey Simon is people think he is an pro-bowler when he is just a good pass rushing DT. He gets mauled against the run, he cant shed blocks. He is too slow to make a Warren Sapp type impack on the pass rush and he is overpayed. I hope the Bills get him, there is a reason that Philly was bad at stopping the run. Darwin Walker and Corey Simon just get blown back by the guards. Jimmy Johnson had to start running monster blitz schemes just to stop the run and not to mention it wasnt until they got 262lb Jeremiah Trotter back that they stopped anything. Philly also jumped out on alot of team early and other teams were forced to pass playing into their defenses strength. There were hardly any games where teams ran the ball at Philly due to this and could keep the DL on their toes with the risk of a balanced attack. I saw footage of the ravens game where Corey Simon got pushed back 8 yards without any effort from Casey Rabach. This is typical Corey Siimon.

KGUNBILLS said:
We would have to give up a lot to get him and I don't really see the need. I would rather have us save money and resign Clements.

A 3rd rounder would get him. I dont know how you dont see the need for a probowl DT that rushes the Passer.

Its not like there is any other player out there we can sign. Also, Reports were that the Bills were meeting with Clements agent to talk contract while in Green Bay, Maybe this is a sign that the talks didnt go so well.

Bills4Life said:
A 3rd rounder would get him. I dont know how you dont see the need for a probowl DT that rushes the Passer.

Its not like there is any other player out there we can sign. Also, Reports were that the Bills were meeting with Clements agent to talk contract while in Green Bay, Maybe this is a sign that the talks didnt go so well.
A 3rd rounder? They would have got a 3rd rounder AND a 2nd rounder from the Ravens but they couldnt work out a long term deal with Simon. He would cost us that or a 1st.

KGUNBILLS said:
A 3rd rounder? They would have got a 3rd rounder AND a 2nd rounder from the Ravens but they couldnt work out a long term deal with Simon. He would cost us that or a 1st.

Maybe 2, 3rds, but not as high as you think.

Im sure its only for the Titans 3rd rounder.

thecoordinator said:
The bills have ron edwards and he's better than big pat anyway. it's kind of like losman, and everyone on the bills for that matter. they are all probowl players and the bills are going to the superbowl this year.

I agree with ya 100% buddy.

Since the Bills are already sittin' pretty @ DT do ya think he can be used as trade bait if he's picked up?

I went to an Eagles board and it's ridiculous how much they think Simon is worth.

They think Evans for Simon is realistic.

A couple mentioned Moulds and a 3rd isn't even enough.

A couple even said SPIKES for Simon!

I don't think there's a more idiotic fanbase.

Crisis said:
I went to an Eagles board and it's ridiculous how much they think Simon is worth.

They think Evans for Simon is realistic.

A couple mentioned Moulds and a 3rd isn't even enough.

A couple even said SPIKES for Simon!

I don't think there's a more idiotic fanbase.

What board? They'll get Josh Reed and a 3rd.

it says bad URL.... PM me the link if you get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom