Merged 2x: Dolphins 2002 & 2003 highlights on NFL Network now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Dolphins 2002 & 2003 highlights on NFL Network now

I watched both shows twice :tongue:

I cannot believe we even debate around here about Fiedler gettting another chance :shakeno:

ZOD said:
I watched both shows twice :tongue:

I cannot believe we even debate around here about Fiedler gettting another chance :shakeno:

Afterall he is the cause of all of the Fins problems. Last two years:

Fiedler starts or saves (Wash in 2003):
15-7

Non-Fiedler starts:
4-6

I can't believe we debate it either, just not for the same reason as you.

Fiedler for MVP said:
did you fast forward past the griese and lucASS segments?

Four years...... :shakeno:

Fiedler's preparation for the 2003 season was 1 full season and an entire preseason.

Fiedler record in 2003 versus playoff teams 1 win 4 losses.

Griese preparation for the 2003 season was reading a book and doing drills (the same drills we are watching now).

Griese record in 2003 versus playoff teams 0 wins 2 losses.

I don't get your point? Oh, oh....I get it. Your saying that since Lucas, Griese, and the majority of the offensive line is gone it was all their fault.

Okay....Can you explain 2001? How about the 2000 season?

Why is it that since this guy has been declared the starter the Dolphins have had one playoff appearance with a top ten defense in the majority of years?

OBTW...One playoff appearance that consisted of a total of 3 points scored.

:roflmao: THREE POINTS!! :roflmao:

I'd knock a neighbor's house down if it obstructed my southern view just to get DirectTV.

How many of you have your wishlist in TIVO set to grab anything Miami Dolphins related?? :lol:

The highlights were the BEST! I especially liked when they showed JT's highlights from 2002!! WOW!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Afterall he is the cause of all of the Fins problems. Last two years:
Fiedler starts or saves (Wash in 2003):
15-7
Non-Fiedler starts:
4-6
I can't believe we debate it either, just not for the same reason as you.

Fiedler offense in 2000.
Lamar Smith
Deon Dyer
OJ Mcduffie
Tony Martin
Hunter Goodwin
Tim Ruddy
Brent Smith
Mark Dixon
Richmond Webb
Kevin Donnalley

Fiedler offense in 2003

Ricky Williams
Rob Konrad
Randy Mcmichael
Chris Chambers
Derrius Thompson
Wade Smith
Tim Ruddy
Todd Perry
Todd Wade
Jamie Nails

The entire offense changed except for 2 players (one of which is no longer employed).

It's all their fault. :roflmao:

ZOD said:

How about the 2000 season?

Why is it that since this guy has been declared the starter the Dolphins have had one playoff appearance with a top ten defense in the majority of years?

It's not much, but you didn't mention the fact that after the 2000, the Dolphins DID win a play-off game with Fiedler at the helm, 23-17 over the Colts. I know Lamar Smith and the defense won that game, but still, it counts as a win.

Continue.....

DolphinzD said:
It's not much, but you didn't mention the fact that after the 2000, the Dolphins DID win a play-off game with Fiedler at the helm, 23-17 over the Colts. I know Lamar Smith and the defense won that game, but still, it counts as a win.

Continue.....

Your right, I did forget the game that Jay handed the ball of 40 times. Good job Jay! :lol:

Okay now...Where were we?

"potential"
"a couple more weapons"
"Caretaker"
"this is it"
"Jay wins games"
:huh:

ZOD said:

Fiedler's preparation for the 2003 season was 1 full season and an entire preseason.

Fiedler record in 2003 versus playoff teams 1 win 4 losses.

Griese preparation for the 2003 season was reading a book and doing drills (the same drills we are watching now).

Griese record in 2003 versus playoff teams 0 wins 2 losses.

I don't get your point? Oh, oh....I get it. Your saying that since Lucas, Griese, and the majority of the offensive line is gone it was all their fault.

Okay....Can you explain 2001? How about the 2000 season?

:roflmao: THREE POINTS!! :roflmao:

Why are Fiedler bashers so damn wrong with stats? The Fins have been in three playoff games with Fiedler as QB. They have made the playoffs two out of four years. One of the years they missed because Fiedler got hurt. They other year they missed was the first time in almost 20 years that a team with 10 wins missed the playoffs.

ZOD said:
Fiedler offense in 2000.
Lamar Smith
Deon Dyer
OJ Mcduffie
Tony Martin
Hunter Goodwin
Tim Ruddy
Brent Smith
Mark Dixon
Richmond Webb
Kevin Donnalley

Fiedler offense in 2003

Ricky Williams
Rob Konrad
Randy Mcmichael
Chris Chambers
Derrius Thompson
Wade Smith
Tim Ruddy
Todd Perry
Todd Wade
Jamie Nails

The entire offense changed except for 2 players (one of which is no longer employed).

It's all their fault. :roflmao:

Is there a point to this? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The fact is that Fiedler has performed better than anyone else that has been on the Fins roster. That is why he was starting. If he performs better than Feeley he will start again this year.

ZOD said:
Your right, I did forget the game that Jay handed the ball of 40 times. Good job Jay! :lol:

Okay now...Where were we?

"potential"
"a couple more weapons"
"Caretaker"
"this is it"
"Jay wins games"
:huh:

I think if it as:

"potential"
"running game regressed"
"everything was going great until FIEDLER GOT HURT"
"the wheels fell off the OL"

Why does everyone use the OL as a reason for Ricky's dropoff in performance but not Jay's dropoff? Somehow the QB should be unaffected by poor OL play?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I think if it as:

"potential"
"running game regressed"
"everything was going great until FIEDLER GOT HURT"
"the wheels fell off the OL"

Why does everyone use the OL as a reason for Ricky's dropoff in performance but not Jay's dropoff? Somehow the QB should be unaffected by poor OL play?

Actually the line was below par all four years. I don't place all blame on Jay for anything.

I've just come to realize that when it comes down to formidable opposition challenging this team to pass-Jay can't do it. So why waste any more time on mediocrity?

ZOD said:
Actually the line was below par all four years. I don't place all blame on Jay for anything.

I've just come to realize that when it comes down to formidable opposition challenging this team to pass-Jay can't do it. So why waste any more time on mediocrity?

We shouldn't wait a single moment longer than it takes to sign a better option to the Miami Dolphins. Until a better option is on the roster, I don't want them to select merely "not Jay".

"Not Jay" was Ray Lucas and Brian Griese.

Then I guess the difference is that at this point I'm willing to roll the dice. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom