Merged 2X:No Night Games!!/ No PRIME TIME games/We got HOSED!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X:No Night Games!!/ No PRIME TIME games/We got HOSED!!

Driven said:
Plain and simple.

Teams earn Prime Time and Night games by having a good previous season.

The Phins were horrible last year. It's not complicated.

San Francisco: 2-14
Cleveland 4-12
Oakland 5-11
Chicago 5-11
Tampa Bay 5-11
Dallas 6-10
NY Giants 6-10
Arizona 6-10
Detroit 6-10
Washington 6-10

All of the above teams have at least one primetime game whether it's a Sunday Nighter, a Monday Nighter, a Thursday or a Saturday special but all of those teams have at least one game that's televised nationally. Just look at the great seasons they all had. Miami got screwed, plain and simple.

4U2NV said:
San Francisco: 2-14
Cleveland 4-12
Oakland 5-11
Chicago 5-11
Tampa Bay 5-11
Dallas 6-10
NY Giants 6-10
Arizona 6-10
Detroit 6-10
Washington 6-10

All of the above teams have at least one primetime game whether it's a Sunday Nighter, a Monday Nighter, a Thursday or a Saturday special but all of those teams have at least one game that's televised nationally. Just look at the great seasons they all had. Miami got screwed, plain and simple.

Miami did not get screwed. All these teams expect one had a better record. So they decided to give the Browns a night game over the Fins, the league can not make every team happy.

Driven said:
Miami did not get screwed. All these teams expect one had a better record. So they decided to give the Browns a night game over the Fins, the league can not make every team happy.

According to you though teams only get a national TV game by having a good previous season. I kinda blew that theory right out of the water with my last post. The fact that some of those teams had multiple *coughDallascough* national TV games is proof that the schedule makers gave us the screw job. There's no excuse for not having every team at least have one game on national TV. There's more than enough to accomodate each team.

4U2NV said:
According to you though teams only get a national TV game by having a good previous season. I kinda blew that theory right out of the water with my last post. The fact that some of those teams had multiple *coughDallascough* national TV games is proof that the schedule makers gave us the screw job. There's no excuse for not having every team at least have one game on national TV. There's more than enough to accomodate each team.

I never said it was the only reason. There are other unlining reasons, but mostly it is a teams previous record.

Now stop complaining about something so petty.

I noticed this, as I continued to scroll down I kept expecting our night to pop up. It seems like we would have procured AT LEAST one being that we put on an AWESOME show on Monday Night even in our worst year in Dolphins history. :dunno: There's no justice....we'll just have to beat the crap out of the Pats out of the spotlight. Makes no difference to me. :up:

This is just fine with me. It means I won't be loaning my eyeballs out to those b*****ds at ESPN and ABC this year. No Dolphins night games means no Jimmy James watching any night games. I won't have to deal with the idiots they choose to broadcast them.

As far as the team goes, they'll be just fine. As somebody else says, this will be bulletin board material. They'll win and make the playoffs, and all will be right in the world. The NFL and ABC/ESPN will weep when they have a terrible Atlanta at Chicago or New Orleans at Atlanta game on while we're playing great football.

The only thing I wish is that Miami could DECLINE future Monday and Sunday night games based on this sleight. Screw all those involved. This is exactly the slap in the face most here have been saying it is, and it needs to be remembered and returned at the appropriate time.

On one hand this sucks cuz there won't be any monday or sunday night hoopla over our Fins, but on the other hand us working class stiffs dont have to stay up unil 1 in the morning to see the end of the monday and sunday night games.

nfl sunday ticket from directv will really be useful this year for you out of market people.

CrunchTime said:
This is the lasting legacy that Wanny left us. Poor drafts and personnel decisions, boring play selection.We went from the most respected team to the bottom of the barrel. We will have to earn our way back. We dont have much star power and thats what the networks want.

When you go cheap at the offensive skill positions, you become a very boring team. We have GOT to begin reloading this offense with STARS and get away from this stupid defense-wins-championships fantasy of "wadball" and "sneak-'n-squeak" game strategy. We need to light up the scoreboards again folks! We are the LEAST TV-genic team in the NFL with our "cap-friendly" offense full of career 3rd stringers. Thanks wannabe and jimmah.

I was just listening to Bob Baumhower on the radio here in bham and they were discussing the NFL's Monday night scheduling and how stupid it is.

I agree with JimmyJames, I refuse to watch MNF this season. It IS a joke that Cleveland and the 49ers get prime-time games when we beat both of those teams and finished marginally ahead of them. This should just prove what I have been saying... that the Northeastern fan base centers HATE the Dolphins and want revenge on us for our success over history. The NFL and the networks give the Northeast whatever it wants and this year it wants the Dolphins to get the short end of the stick.

you know what really suxs is the fact that espn and most media outlets do have a grudge and what may help is a lambasting of the media by a large amount of dolphin fans raising hell ripping the media left and right. anyways somebody just said this is the reason we need beef up the offense wanny has made it so boring that is why we are being snubed.

One VERY slight consolation: the Bucs got snubbed too.

Dolphins and Bucs... the 2 poster children for "defense first", who let their offenses fall apart and think they can get by with practice-squad level talent at the skill positions. 2 teams that make the growth of grass look exciting by comparison. :shakeno: Wake up people, NO ONE wants to watch a boring team.

This all just makes me SICK that we have turned into this stupid wadball "sneak 'n squeak" keep-the-score-low-and-sneak-up-at-the-end bunch of GARBAGE as a team.

Time to get us a Franchise QB and a RB that scares other teams a little. :yell:

mercury 40 said:
you know what really suxs is the fact that espn and most media outlets do have a grudge and what may help is a lambasting of the media by a large amount of dolphin fans raising hell ripping the media left and right. anyways somebody just said this is the reason we need beef up the offense wanny has made it so boring that is why we are being snubed.

What?????????? The media has a grudge against the dolphins? are you serious? Last year was the only year where we didn't hear how "Miami could go to the SB this year" from the media since '97. Miamni and denever every year have been picked as one of the SB faves every year since ;97(in Miami's case) and '99 in Denver's case and neither has even come close yet every year we hear how great a team like miami will be. last year most peopl predicted doom afetr RW left and DB got hurt, were they wrong? Did I msis something, were the Phins actually a good team last year? The media has always loved the dolphins and overrated them.

Not good but it could be a lot worse

I'm already dropping the $$$ for Sunday Ticket, so this doesn't effect me financially. However, I wish they had at least one Monday or Sunday night game. With all the games on Sunday afternoon, I can only appease the wife on the BYE week. That could get messy by T'gigving. She's really good about the games but I have to spend "quality time" when the Phins aren't playing on Sunday afternoons. :shakeno: Guess I'll have to figure something out for the 4PM starts. :(

Back
Top Bottom