Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun

ENOUGH! Just give him the damn money and move on.

Trekbiz said:
I never said players don't deserve money.... :rolleyes:

Players salaries keep rising at rediculous levels every year....
Money at that level... no, they don't deserve to make that kind of money for bouncing a ball. Owners have gone out and built empires in the real world so I respect them just a little bit more on a business end.

Besides, the salary cap was put in place based on profit sharing at a fair percentage WITH the players and owners. Players aren't satisfied with that and continually try to break the bank of teams they are playing with. The owners may very well be the ones in need of agents not the players!

You certainly indicated that you felt that the players don't deserve what they're getting. I want to know where that money should go in your world. Do you want it going to the people who provide you with the product you're paying for, or do you want it to go to the middle men who are exploiting the fruits of their past good work to essentially profit off of their membership in one of the most exclusive boys clubs around? If you are really so enamored with the owners, I suggest you start paying your money to go see them do their thing instead of watching football. :rolleyes:

Now you're saying that the increases in the salaries are fair right after you said they were ridiculous? How does that make any sense?

Finally, the owner does have agents. The only difference is that they're on staff instead of working on a contract basis. Why else do you think there is a front office?

Why on god's green earth would you want to move from Miami to that $hithole Chicago?? It doesn't make any sense to me. It would be like saying I want to move from Honolulu to Anchorage. WTF?

Cool, so we will see someone like David Bowens get like 10+ sacks after Ogunleye leaves aince teams will still double team JT.

:lol:

Come on now -- Chicago isn't that bad a city/climate. It's more like moving from Atlanta to Anchorage than Honolulu to Anchorage.

Jimmy James said:
Now you're saying that the increases in the salaries are fair right after you said they were ridiculous? How does that make any sense?

It makes sense to people who can actually read what was said. :lol:

The salary cap was agreed to on a level which shares profit margins between the players who play and the owners who are providing the opportunity to play. What that means for the learning impaired is that there is a fair limit to the amount of money a team can pay out so that profit sharing stays fair to owner and palyer.

What I said is that players salaries increase at rediculous levels.
The amount of money and percentages of the salary caps players ask for increase every year. They increase more than the salary cap numbers increase. The players could care less about fair shakes. They were completely against a salary cap at all. So the victims being enslaved by the owners argument is a retarded one. The players and agents are just as greedy as the owners you are attempting to villify here.

I'm not attempting to villify anybody. I understand that the owners serve an imporant purpose. It just makes me sick to see fans side with the owners in this situation 99% of the time when the answer is really murkier than that.

As to your theory about what the players asking for increasing, that is actually what the salary cap is for. It's the responsibility of the teams to make sure that they can field a team. What is fair is therefore not nearly as simple as what you suggest. You're saying that fair=what the Dolphins can pay. I'll bet that takes into consideration the Chambers and McMichael signings that also need to happen early in Wale's deal, too. I submit that fair is determined solely by the player and subject only to the cap limitations. If a guy does want to give a winning team a "discount", that is his perogative. If he doesn't, that doesn't make him a brat or a villain.

Jimmy James said:
You certainly indicated that you felt that the players don't deserve what they're getting.
NO NO NO. Do I think that Peyton Manning is worth a 34 million dollar signing bonus, NO. He got a 34 million dollar bonus to play a GAME. I am not minimizing what they do and the prep that goes into it, but how many people would love to play for free. I would!! I played for free in high school and played for the love of the game, Ogun is lucky enough to get to do this for a career. Yet all he seems to say is "More, More, More." Sport salaries are outrageous, for Ogun to complain about only making 1.8 MILLION DOLLARS to play a game is a joke. Most people will earn 1.8 mil. in their life, he will make it in a year. I get very mad when players whine about how they are underpaid. Lets send them all to McDonalds to work for a while and see if that makes them appreciate things a little more. That being said Ogun is a very good player but has his value blown so far out of proportion it isnt funny. I say send him packing for someones 1st and 4th.

Jimmy James said:
Trekbiz,

If your position is that the players don't deserve the money, just who does? Surely you don't mean to suggest that the owners deserve to keep it...

4% of my yearly salary went to the Dolphins last year.

The fans deserve more money but that's a different debate. :cry:

i agree with the ones who say the players r overpaid! i would love to play football for the fins and i would play for 1.8 mill.. i think these players r spoiled , lets get them to work n a factory or something like that.. yeah its so fun to work for some1 making 10 dollars a hour and not having the gift to play football.. i would give up anything to play special teams for the fins and make some cash , instead of breaking my back for nothing .u got people out here starvin and sh** and some cry , were not making enough money! bullsh**! i dont even want to hear it!

I think this thread should be called screw drew...No doubt hes been telling ogun somebody will give the tender for u/somebody will trade for u on draft day/as soon as the draft is over the fins will be calling...This is just a ploy to get the fins to move.

chambers84 said:
Why on god's green earth would you want to move from Miami to that $hithole Chicago?? It doesn't make any sense to me. It would be like saying I want to move from Honolulu to Anchorage. WTF?

Chicago a ****hole? Sounds like the words of someone who's never been here before.

let Ogun go just make sure we screw Chicago over

Ogun would never get cut too much value we need to trade him for a impact player but the problem is the Bears don't have too many of those so we get a 1st and a 3rd in next years draft for him

Back
Top Bottom