Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot

DrAstroZoom said:
But it is a criminal activity.

By your logic, murder is legal if you don't get caught.
I do not believe I'm wrong on this, but there is not a law on the books saying taking illegal drugs was against the law.

If it were then everyone that checks into a rehab center would also get arrested. Have you never noticed that people that check into rehab do not get arrested for anything?

You have to be caught purchasing it or being in possession of it to be breaking the law.

I know you cannot take it unless you are in possession of it, but you have to be caught with it.

If you find pot in a bag and take it to the police, they can arrest you since you are in possession of it.

ohall said:
LoL, W/E.

Some just do not agree with it. It doesn't mean they do not get it.

Oliver...

It is not a matter of agreement, it is either breaking a law, or it is not breaking a law. Black or white.

Simply being high is not a crime. Whether anyone agrees with that or not, it is a simple fact of our legal system.

I could disagree with the earth being round, but that would just make me a dumb-a$$. Get it?

DPlus47 said:
we all assume that because we would want to wait and smoke weed on top of piles of money that someone else would. if you're not that materialistic to begin with and you make millions of dollars, only someone seriously addicted to the power money brings would want/need more of it. ricky has already made more money than most of us will ever see. when making more money isn't the question any more, it comes down to whether you love playing the game.

i've known people who think they get headaches from not smoking weed. i never bought that, because it's not physically addictive. all the side effects and withdrawal symptoms are purely psychological. if ricky can't quit smoking weed, he's likely trying to fill a space in his life that football doesn't fill. maybe he needs to be away from football to fill it.
I think Ricky can't quit smoking weed simply because he likes smoking weed. If he could smoke weed and play football he would. But, since the 3rd failed test he knows its going to be one or the other....he simply enjoys getting high more than he enjoys the game. Thats OK with me...just have him pay back the 8.6 Mil (he doesnt care about money anyway, right?) and good riddance.

pwn3dyo said:
I don't think its rickys fault, more so the nfls fault for having marijuana in the same category as crack,heroin and steroids. If you get arrested for possession of marijuana you get an $80 fine in california. In the NFL you get caught twice you get fined $650,000 and sit out 1 month. Ricky admited to smoking pot ever since he was a teenager. His dream was to play college football and win the Heisman trophy. Something most of us can't even dream about it, so don't call him lazy. You can't achieve something like that being lazy, or undetermined. He smokes marijuana, so what? He quit because he didn't like getting piss tested every other day, and getting fined over half a million dollars for smoking marijuana. I don't blame him.

*edit* im not saying marijuana should be legal, just that he should get fined what the rest of society does.
The NFL is not the government, the NFL is an employer. Many jobs carry the threat of immediate termination if you fail a drug test, especially those jobs in which drug use could threaten the employee's (or others) safety. No fines, no treatment, you are out the door that day...period. The NFL puts you in treatment for your first offense. If you have another offense during the time you are receiving treatment, you are fined and subjected to more testing and treatment. If you get a 3rd offense while still in treatment then you get a 4 game suspension, but you keep your job. The NFL is MUCH more lenient than most employers. Ricky wants to be a teacher...let him get caught 3 times in 2 years using an illegal drug and see how long he keeps THAT job.

I beleive you can get arrested for being under the influance of an illegal substance, atleast in the state of Michigan if you cause or are in an accident and the police have reasonable Suspicion then they can subpoena your blood or urine tests and get results of any drugs that you may be on at the time of the accident.

Such as a drunk driver is injured and can't give a breathalyzer at the scene of the accident. If they find you have cocain or MJ in your system then you will be charged.

Originally Posted by LIQUID24
Yep, the latest example being Darrell Russell. He's been suspended for alcohol use while on probation.
Kenny Mixon too.
Great Post!!For all of you people arguing MJ isnt any worse then alcohol, so y isnt alcohol penelized or w/e u say about it...........:0wned: :0wned: :0wned: :0wned::0wned:

Back
Top Bottom