MERGED 2X: Two New Offers For Ogunleye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Two New Offers For Ogunleye

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Rod Gardner And A 2005 2nd Round Draft Pick For Ogun Not Sufficient Enough

Dolphins Not Interested In Dealing Ogunleye

The Miami Dolphins despite getting interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Redskins have no desire to deal the disgruntled All Pro defensive end. No team as of writing this, have no interest in dealing a first rounder for Ogunleye and Miami is firm on receiving that from any team interested in the Pro Bowl defensive end. The Redskins have reportedly offered receiver Rod Gardner and a second round draft pick in next years draft. If a deal to restructure with Miami falls through by training camp, the Dolphins may have no choice to either trade or let Ogunleye sit out all season but Ogunleye can't be traded until re-signing with the Dolphine due to the team owning his exclusive rights in the 2004 season.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

I would pull the trigger on this deal...

that sounds good to me....Gardener combines w/ CC and Boston to give us one hell of a 3 wide set and the 2nd rounder makes up for what we gave for feely (actually gives us even more, I get the feelin Washington's pick is gonna be a better one then ours will be). I'd do it.

NFL Source: Skins offer 1st round pick for Ogun

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040622-123705-8605r.htm
A league source said yesterday Washington offered a first-round pick to Miami for Ogunleye, who is mired in a contract dispute and is threatening to skip the first half of the season. The source said the Dolphins rebuffed Washington but might change their minds as the regular season approaches.

This says enough about the Wally situation....

Redskins HC Joe Gibbs said:
Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, however, played down any interest in Ogunleye and specifically denied an offer was made.

"I think anybody in the league would have interest in him," Gibbs said. "There's nothing to it. They're not going to let that guy go. I wouldn't if I were them."

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20040622-123705-8605r.htm

...............I've personally been back and forth on what I thought Wally's value was to the team, especially how it pans on financially, but when a guy like Gibbs comes out and says something like that I have to think getting rid of the guy is not an option.

Getting rid of him is an option. I hope we work out a long-term deal that helps both sides, but if they can't, they have to trade him and get something in return.

That's quite an offer. Gardner is signed thru 2005. Still, he's not really the type of slot guy we're looking for. He's big and more of a possession type WR. He catches TDs though.

A first rounder for Ogunleye doesnt seem like a fair trade for us. Especially since it may not be in the top 15. I think we should at least try to get a player or a 3rd or a 4th and the 1st. I know people will say its better than losing him for nothing but after this year we could franchise him if we cannot sign him before this season (which I think we can).

That's quite an offer. Gardner is signed thru 2005. Still, he's not really the type of slot guy we're looking for. He's big and more of a possession type WR. He catches TDs though.

That's exactly what I'd want in a slot receiver. Big, strong, catches the tough throws over the middle.

I'm confused....do the Redskins have a 2nd to offer? If not, are they offering the 1st AND Gardner? My guess is no. Perhaps they offered the WR and a third instead of the second?!?!? :confused:

I hope we do not trade him but if we do we better get a good deal. I say a 1st and a 3rd or a 1st and a player.

I WILL ACCEPT NOTHING OTHER THAN NEXT YEARS NUMBER 1 PICK, a side of hashbrowns and a coke...please stop teasing us and get me a 1st and a 4th rounder

Dbergan said:
I'm confused....do the Redskins have a 2nd to offer? If not, are they offering the 1st AND Gardner? My guess is no. Perhaps they offered the WR and a third instead of the second?!?!? :confused:

Or maybe PFC just made it up, it wouldn't be the first team.

I would love to keep Ogunleye if we can. Besides the fact that he was one of our best defenders last year, he was also one of our youngest starting defenders. A lot of guys on our defense are getting up there in years and we should try to keep our best young defender, and that guy is Ogunleye.

Back
Top Bottom