MERGED 2X: Two New Offers For Ogunleye | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Two New Offers For Ogunleye

taylorj99 said:
That's exactly what I'd want in a slot receiver. Big, strong, catches the tough throws over the middle.

I'd normally agree. I just remember reading where Sullivan said his slot guy is someone smaller who can get in and out of his breaks quickly. I don't know whether or not Gardner offers that. This is reportedly why they're moving Chambers inside and leaving Thompson outside in 3 WR sets.

Rod Gardner also tends to suffer from bouts of stone hands. I remember when Derrius left a few of them lamented Gardner's stone hands and felt fondly towards Derrius because of it.

I hope Washington is indeed offering a first rounder...because the second Jacksonville antes up and decides to match it, I'm shipping Ogunleye off. Jacksonville could easily have the worst record in the league this year. That first rounder would be top 10, probably top 5, even with Ogunleye on their defense.

Yeah - Jacksonville's in a tough division - I think Houston will probably finish w/ a better record. Could be quite advantageous for the Phins if they could manage a 1st and a player from them.

ckparrothead said:
Rod Gardner also tends to suffer from bouts of stone hands. I remember when Derrius left a few of them lamented Gardner's stone hands and felt fondly towards Derrius because of it.

I hope Washington is indeed offering a first rounder...because the second Jacksonville antes up and decides to match it, I'm shipping Ogunleye off. Jacksonville could easily have the worst record in the league this year. That first rounder would be top 10, probably top 5, even with Ogunleye on their defense.
I disagree I think Jax will contend this year. There defense came on at the end of the season and they have made improvements on defense. This team was in the game Tenn. and they beat Indy.

I'd give the jags more credit than that....they have some skill on O and their D is not all that bad, even better with ogun. I can see them being a decent team...even in that tough divesion

jesusfreak26 said:
I disagree I think Jax will contend this year. There defense came on at the end of the season and they have made improvements on defense. This team was in the game Tenn. and they beat Indy.

I'm glad to see somebody say this. Look at their division: Indy, Tennesee, Houston, Jacksonville. I wouldn't be scared of Houston or Tennessee next year, and you never quite know what Indy team you'll see. The Colts could backslide next year.

Now, let's look at the AFC East: The Giants suck. The Eagles added Kearse and Owens. They lost others, but they should be tough. The Cowboys looked great last year. If I had to choose Jacksonville or Washington to have a lower pick next year, I'd definitely choose the Redskins. Gibbs may be great, but he is only one man.

Jimmy James said:
I'm glad to see somebody say this. Look at their division: Indy, Tennesee, Houston, Jacksonville. I wouldn't be scared of Houston or Tennessee next year, and you never quite know what Indy team you'll see. The Colts could backslide next year.

Now, let's look at the AFC East: The Giants suck. The Eagles added Kearse and Owens. They lost others, but they should be tough. The Cowboys looked great last year. If I had to choose Jacksonville or Washington to have a lower pick next year, I'd definitely choose the Redskins. Gibbs may be great, but he is only one man.

I believe you meant the NFC East.

I disagree. I believe the Redskins are going to be 9-7 at best. Last time Gibbs coached was in the 80s and it is a totally different time.

Jacksonville looks like they are going to be a good team. However I would be scared of Houston and Tennesee. Especially Houston, they are primed for a good season next season.

FinFan4Life814 said:
that sounds good to me....Gardener combines w/ CC and Boston to give us one hell of a 3 wide set and the 2nd rounder makes up for what we gave for feely (actually gives us even more, I get the feelin Washington's pick is gonna be a better one then ours will be). I'd do it.
Gardener is not much better than what Miami has now at the No. 3 spot, plus you are paying 1st round money for a No. 3 Wr.

Wale is worth a top 15 pick.

Jax is going to be a playoff contender next year, meaning they'll probably pass Tennessee as the division's 2nd best team. They had a top notch defense last year and have taken steps to improve their offense. Leftwich is going to make less rookie mistakes and they are going to be a tough team to beat. I don't care how many free agents the skins bring in they'll be worse than jax and have a better first round pick to offer.

As a restricted free agent we wre looking for a 1st and a 3rd rounder this year. If the Redskins agree to their first and third next year we should consider a trade. It will do few things for us:

2 1st rounders
Replaces the 3rd rounder we gave up fpr A. J.
If there is a HC change (I hope not, since it means we did not do well this year) or we need a QB next year, we willhave some draft picks to use.

I will let you guys know more about Jax when training camp opens. Unlike Miami their mini camps have been closed to public and Reggie Williams missed a lot because of graduation. They had one day open earlier in the year right after the draft and I went. Those to rookie WRs they got sre massive with greta hands. I look for then to most definitly contend this year. They brought in more help for the OL with Mike Compton and Epfrim Salaam and there OL was decent last year. They got Reggie Williams and Earnest Wilfork to go with Jimmy Smith, Troy Edwards, Matthew Hatchette, and Jermaine Lewis they have also got a guy who was a rookie last year that has tremendous upside in Kortez Hankton. Also while they lost Marlon Mcree last year to Houston, Fernado Bryant to the Lions, and Jason Craft to somewhere, they have brought in Juran Bolden, Ray Perryman, Dwayne Washington, Lewis Sanders, Deon Grant, Tommy Hendricks, Greg Favors, Hakim Akbar, and others and thats not including the rookies on defense they got. Also the Jags training camp will be aired on NFL Network I think it starts AUG. 11. Jax will contend this year.

Atfin4life said:
As a restricted free agent we wre looking for a 1st and a 3rd rounder this year. If the Redskins agree to their first and third next year we should consider a trade. It will do few things for us:

2 1st rounders
Replaces the 3rd rounder we gave up fpr A. J.
If there is a HC change (I hope not, since it means we did not do well this year) or we need a QB next year, we willhave some draft picks to use.

First off AJ cost us a 2nd not a third, and no one would give up a 1st and 3rd before the draft why would they give it up now? Next the Skins dont have a 2nd round pick so who ever wrote that story is less than intelligent. Rod Gardner is a decent player but would be the 3rd WR on this team and possibly give the FO to let CC go which will really get under my skin. Jax is going to be decent with Left, Williams, Taylor, Jones, and Smith on offense. They would also have a DE tandem of Hugh Douglas and Ogun if he goes there. So with Jax we probably get a mid to low round pick and with the Skins we get an 3rd WR and draft pick for a Pro-Bowl DE. Now I personally want Ogun GONE!!! but not for the reported offers. The only thing I like about the Gardner deal is he is signed through 2005 and would only count for 1 million this year and 1.4 million next.

muscle979 said:
Jax is going to be a playoff contender next year, meaning they'll probably pass Tennessee as the division's 2nd best team. They had a top notch defense last year and have taken steps to improve their offense. Leftwich is going to make less rookie mistakes and they are going to be a tough team to beat. I don't care how many free agents the skins bring in they'll be worse than jax and have a better first round pick to offer.

If they keep the axes out of the locker room.LOL

Back
Top Bottom