Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

MadLib said:
I hope you arent trying to imply that I am bashing the Pats. Never once did I blaim them for this mistake. Although I do consider them a bit lucky by benefiting from it. To say that the 52 seconds did not effect the outcome is definitely debatable, obviously if the Steelers had scored with 29 seconds left in the game (instead of 1:21) it surely would have been a different outcome.

OK, not to get too deep here, talking time-space contiuum, but if even a fraction of a second (and it would have been at least 30 seconds) difference happened when the ref stopped the play to re-adjust the clock, every play after that would not have happened. Instead new plays would have happened. To refer to the plays that happened as though they would have taken place is false if that makes sense.

The Pats could have scred 10 points to Pitts none or vice versa. The fact remains that the Steelers time keeper screwed up, added :52 seconds around the 14 minute mark of the 4th quarter with Pitt up by 3.

We were bystanders. If anything, Pitts guy scrweed them.

MadLib said:
I hope you arent trying to imply that I am bashing the Pats. Never once did I blaim them for this mistake. Although I do consider them a bit lucky by benefiting from it. To say that the 52 seconds did not effect the outcome is definitely debatable, obviously if the Steelers had scored with 29 seconds left in the game (instead of 1:21) it surely would have been a different outcome.

yeah, and you just have to love terell davis on NFLTA, he says.....even with 29 seconds left you would have to think that brady would have somehow led the team to victory.........gimme a freakin break.

this is crap. but then again, it is typical for a pats win.

And the on-field official responsible for timing was...

Byron Boston.

Yes, the father of David Boston.

If it occured with 14 minutes left than ohhhhh well, not that big a factor in deciding the game...had it occured in the final two minutes that would have been different.

Dirtywater said:
Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:

Is this your Sig. It seems to be all you say.

Pats had an unfair advantage? This is news?

PhinsPhan said:

Nope, only when it applies.

This happened as a result of a Steelers employee, with around 14 minutes on the clock, and the Steelers were leading.

To paint the picture that this tipped the scales in either direction is comical. If the official were to have spotted it, he would had to stop the game for at least 1 second, which would have made every play that followed not happen. Different plays would have happened.

Could have been a Steelers or Patriot route at that point. Heck, they could of never tied it up and we could have won 20-13.

But that's not how it's portrayed here and you know that. If this happened at the end, say 1, or even 3 minutes left, yes, it would have been a direct force, but 14 minutes? No way.

So this is a prime case of bashing & criticizing for the sake of "showing another example", yet upon scrutiny, it holds no water.

This is a prime time to say that repetitive statement. Saying something is wrong when it is doesn't negate the wrong.

PhinsPhan said:

You see what I mean about the general attitude?

Phins should be 1st in the AFC East

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4907718

seems as though there is still an angel on the Pat's shoulders...

"A clock error added 52 seconds to the fourth quarter of the Patriots-Steelers game Sunday. The extra time aided the Patriots during a winning drive that ended with Adam Vinatieri's 43-yard field goal with 1 second remaining."

yeah good coaching aside, but you can say what you want, the pats have a little angel on their shoulders, that started to work for them at home against the raiders when the tuck rule was invented new....

the point of this message wasnt to blame to pats, rather to say that they got a lucky boune.....and no one should disagree that they havent been getting their fair share of bounces over the last few years. At the same time, it takes some lucky bounces here and there throughout the season to win. It happens to everyone

I think with Spikes, the best bills player out, with harrison out in pat land, their best defensive player, and the jets with their QB situation, I cannot see why we cant surprise the entire league and take this division. But we need to just take it one step at a time and then when we get to NE, beat them to a pulp to catapult us into the division lead.

We need to make people hate playing us.

finfan54 said:
I think with Spikes, the best bills player out, with harrison out in pat land, their best defensive player, and the jets with their QB situation, I cannot see why we cant surprise the entire league and take this division. But we need to just take it one step at a time and then when we get to NE, beat them to a pulp to catapult us into the division lead.

We need to make people hate playing us.

I keep hoping that the teams on the Pats schedule will try to take them down. I still can't fathom that more teams aren't doing whatever it takes to take down the defending world champs.

I'm sure someone will say that the teams are doing whatever it takes and that the Pats are just that good. I think this is hogwash. You're telling me that last year 14 teams brought their A game, lunch pails, etc and still couldn't beat them.....but we could with a 2-10 record? BS!

More teams need to take it to the Pats.

Holy crap the officiating!!!

Did anyone else hear about the time situation in Pittsburgh?

they added 52 seconds to the clock and nobody noticed.

how would you feel if the fins were the steelers and lost a game due to this?

They just said it on Sportcenter, if it's been posted all ready sorry, just realized it's a repeat.

Back
Top Bottom