MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 7X:Ireland live press conference/Ireland Tips Hand?

IMO, I dont care if he slipped or not. Noone knows if it was a slip or a smoke and noone will know what was on their minds until
a) they tell us (and even then I dont know if id believe it)
b) draft day comes

So Irelands "slipping smoke" is getting all this media attention and BP and JI could be either laughing or crying and not one person in heaven or hell knows except for Parcells, Ireland and Sporano

No one gives this front office much credit for laying little fires everywhere... I wish they would end the drama myself... But I think they find it fun... I watched the tapes twice that was no "slip"... That's called playing the media... Funny the team slammed the full interview onto their home-page which happens to be on Nfl.com for the football world to watch... Miami could have had it edited but didn't.... :rolleyes:

I gotta say, I watched it again, and Im not one for conspiracies, but give Jeff an academy award for that performance. Are you kidding me? He CLEARLY pauses before defense, and then goes on, and stops mid-sentence with 'What did I say?' If it were a real slip up, he would have kept going.

As for the lack of contact with Chris Long, not saying we'll draft him, but when we drafted Ronnie, we had practically no contact with him since the combine. Meanwhile, we were on Braylon Edwards like white on rice. Means nothing.

I gotta say, I watched it again, and Im not one for conspiracies, but give Jeff an academy award for that performance. Are you kidding me? He CLEARLY pauses before defense, and then goes on, and stops mid-sentence with 'What did I say?' If it were a real slip up, he would have kept going.

As for the lack of contact with Chris Long, not saying we'll draft him, but when we drafted Ronnie, we had practically no contact with him since the combine. Meanwhile, we were on Braylon Edwards like white on rice. Means nothing.

HAHAHA EXACLY. He paused actually twice maybe even a 3rd time before he said pillar of defense.

He was also very in tune with asking " what did I say" He goes on to talk about the ecomics only to be willing to stop and say "what did I say" Why does it matter keep talking. How many times during press conferences if people start laughing do they make it a point to ask "What did I say" aka "Why are they laughing?"

If I am working for Parcells and I realized I just messed up and gave away our draft plans you better believe I am not gonna chuckle and look like I m about to giggle like a little school girl. I mean the man is holding a grin practically the whole time even before his "SLIP UP"

"This guy is gonna be"....... PAUSE
"You hope that Hes gonna be"....... PAUSE
"A pillar of your".... pause
"Defense for a long time" Brilliant set up. He suddenly developed an inability to think while talking at this specific part of his conference. BRAVO MR. Ireland

I mean for crying out loud, the guy starts giggling before anyone else does.

I actually believed it to be a legit mistake more before I actually saw the footage... Now I don't believe it for a second.

Now if this truly was a smokescreen this would be an amzing play. Fire Ireland. Of course, not really, but fire him. That will make the rest of the league believe he slipped. Now he obviously wasn't fired but the rest of the league doesn't know that. After we pick in the 1st round, trade or whatever, all of a sudden a memo goes out that we hired Ireland as our new GM. Bravo the great smokescreen scandal

If you watch closely, you will see he does pause, and he knows "what" he said exactly after he said it. Like I said, it was planned. Watch the clip and you'll see. I'd bet anything.

If you watch closely, you will see he does pause, and he knows "what" he said exactly after he said it. Like I said, it was planned. Watch the clip and you'll see. I'd bet anything.

Exactly, the man was practically giggling when he said it. He also paused 3 times setting it up also, not just once

Exactly, the man was practically giggling when he said it. He also paused 3 times setting it up also, not just once
Let me say, Jake is the guy I want and I still believe we will take him, or hope so, but i watched it a few times and honestly, I didn't see the smokescreen. I hope it was, but some of the pauses, especially after he said what he said, were because the press were asking him questions about it, but you couldn't here them. I may be wrong here, I know, but it looked like a slip to me, like it might be between C. Long and Gholston. I hope you guys are right!!!!

can anyone not see that this is fake and a sad attempt to try and get someone to bite? look at JI's facial expressions. i dont know about u, but its pretty easy to tell someone is faking. fact is we have no ****n clue who to take and we're tryin to trade down. simple **** everybody.

I don't think it's possible for Ireland to tip the Dolphins' hand since I think only Parcells actually knows who the pick is going to be at this point any way. Also, it doesn't matter if it was a slip or a smokescreen. Nobody wants to pay up for the first pick (with anything that would be worthwhile to us at least), so it's not like we're trading out of it. Since we almost certainly aren't trading out of it, it doesn't really matter. We could tell people today the guy we're picking's name and nobody could do anything about it. And if a decision has been made about who we're picking we're already negotiating with him and have probably let him know. It really doesn't matter what it was. If we had any other pick it might matter, but with the pick we have it doesn't matter one iota.

I don't think it's possible for Ireland to tip the Dolphins' hand since I think only Parcells actually knows who the pick is going to be at this point any way. Also, it doesn't matter if it was a slip or a smokescreen. Nobody wants to pay up for the first pick (with anything that would be worthwhile to us at least), so it's not like we're trading out of it. Since we almost certainly aren't trading out of it, it doesn't really matter. We could tell people today the guy we're picking's name and nobody could do anything about it. And if a decision has been made about who we're picking we're already negotiating with him and have probably let him know. It really doesn't matter what it was. If we had any other pick it might matter, but with the pick we have it doesn't matter one iota.

Disagree... Ireland and Sparano are right there... anyone who assumes these very bright people are happy as puppets or happy to be robots are not living in reality...

Um, anyone who thinks Ireland and Sparano AREN'T puppets isn't living in reality. As far as Ireland's comments are concerned, the guy is just an idiot, at least on camera. I honestly have more faith in Mueller at this point than Ireland, who's proven nothing to me other than the fact that he's incapable of speaking in front of the press.

HAHAHA EXACLY. He paused actually twice maybe even a 3rd time before he said pillar of defense.

He was also very in tune with asking " what did I say" He goes on to talk about the ecomics only to be willing to stop and say "what did I say" Why does it matter keep talking. How many times during press conferences if people start laughing do they make it a point to ask "What did I say" aka "Why are they laughing?"

If I am working for Parcells and I realized I just messed up and gave away our draft plans you better believe I am not gonna chuckle and look like I m about to giggle like a little school girl. I mean the man is holding a grin practically the whole time even before his "SLIP UP"

"This guy is gonna be"....... PAUSE
"You hope that Hes gonna be"....... PAUSE
"A pillar of your".... pause
"Defense for a long time" Brilliant set up. He suddenly developed an inability to think while talking at this specific part of his conference. BRAVO MR. Ireland

I mean for crying out loud, the guy starts giggling before anyone else does.

I actually believed it to be a legit mistake more before I actually saw the footage... Now I don't believe it for a second.

Now if this truly was a smokescreen this would be an amzing play. Fire Ireland. Of course, not really, but fire him. That will make the rest of the league believe he slipped. Now he obviously wasn't fired but the rest of the league doesn't know that. After we pick in the 1st round, trade or whatever, all of a sudden a memo goes out that we hired Ireland as our new GM. Bravo the great smokescreen scandal

The reason he asked, "what did I say" is because the entire room stopped listening and busted out laughing, its not like he did that on his own...Everyone was laughing at him, thats why he asked "what did I say"...

you probably reading too much into this, he was pausing yes, but thats normal, he was just talking...its not like he was pausing to set himself up for that blunder...

Also it probably was a slip up, but I doubt it was a slip up in the sense that he let onto who they wanted, I think he was just talking generalized, they dont need to do a bunch of smokescreens because you guys have the #1 pick, its highly unlikely someone trades up to get it, so it doesnt matter who they are trying to fool really...it was probably just an honest mistake, but i dont think it tells u much about the draft.

Back
Top Bottom