Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Boomer said:
I remember being disappointed when he signed with the Gators over the Noles. He is a good athlete, who has excellent feet, can throw on the run to either side of the field, but he has limited arm strength and size, he rarely sets his feet properly and he throws off the back foot or unbalanced too much. I don't figure he has an NFL future long term.

Darn, that's kind of dissapointing.

Undrafted FA, or 2nd day pick?

Alex22 said:
Boomer how do you take Vick over Young?

Im interested in your take on that

Young has proven to be a more efficient passer than vick will ever be, and just as dangerous running it

Because Vick has won at the College AND Pro level mate and Young hasn't. Vick is the NFL QB, regardless of what we think of his abilities. Young isn't.

Alex22 said:
The NFL has stated he never scored a 6

No, the NFL has said that the score wasn't correct. But they didn't say it wasn't a 6. It could have been a 5. From the latest information I've seen, it looks as though he may have taken it twice and recorded a 16 with his 2nd attempt.

Winbaby#23 said:
Hey Boomer, thanks for all your input... what are the odds Miami signs Brees and do you think we will have a better chance than the Ravens of getting him??

Hi mate....no worries.....very strong. We are in the box seat. I don't see the Ravens as a player. They will carry on with Kyle Boller who made significant progress down the stretch.

Mainge said:
Darn, that's kind of dissapointing.

Undrafted FA, or 2nd day pick?

Hard to tell Mainge because he still has a year left and he hasn't been through the scouting process. I'd say he carries a day 2 grade.

Boomer said:
To be honest mate, I'd be lying if I gave any sort of critique on him as I have never seen Linfield College play. He certainly played well under Urban Meyer for the brief time that he had the chance, but the broken wrist and the subsequent performances of Alex Smith precipitated his transfer. But I really am not in a position to talk through his skills.

Thanks Boom, I am another one that actually watched the Hula Bowl, well not the whole game, was at a burthday party at the time, LOL so could only watch parts of it. But what I saw was a qb that deadly accurate, had a good feel in the pocket and had an above avg arm. I really feel like he is worth a 7th rd pick or undrafted FA signing. Let him go to camp and see what he can do with some coaching, he may suprise. I really like what I saw and the numbers he put up are uncanny and I dont care what level he played at. All that says to me is he was way better than the level of competition he was playing with.

Boomer, have there been any questions about Jay Cutler's accuracy? I've been watching the combine and I saw what I could of the Senior Bowl and practices as well as some of his work during the season and I don't find him particularly accurate. Mayock keeps fawning over his arm strength, but I don't see elite accuracy...

2xBlown said:
Boomer, have there been any questions about Jay Cutler's accuracy? I've been watching the combine and I saw what I could of the Senior Bowl and practices as well as some of his work during the season and I don't find him particularly accurate. Mayock keeps fawning over his arm strength, but I don't see elite accuracy...

I was wondering the same thing. We already have a QB with a big arm and no accuracy.

Hey Boom and CK,
I just wanted to know if Anderson from Alabama eased any of your concerns about his athletic ability at the combine today??? From what I heard on NFL TA he put on a very impressive display. Does his performance today give you any more confidence than a week ago that he could convert over to OLB???? Thanks again for your input

Boomer said:
No, the NFL has said that the score wasn't correct. But they didn't say it wasn't a 6. It could have been a 5. From the latest information I've seen, it looks as though he may have taken it twice and recorded a 16 with his 2nd attempt.

And I quote

'I have seen the score on the test and it is most definitly not a 6'

Its reported the first test was a 12 still not great but better than a 6, no confirmation on that

Yes 2nd attempt was a 16 and he plans on taking it a 3rd time and scoreing in the mid 20's

2xBlown said:

Yes mate, there are accuracy issues. He tends to go a little scattergun at times and deep down the field the accuracy can be way off. Part of this is because he allows his mechanics to get away from him. I don't know if he's so into the game or it's just lazy, but when he tends to let the mechanics waver, then the passes go awry as well. Mechanics and footwork are so vital and his tend to disappear at times. He can be reckless with his decision making process and try to fire the pig through the eye of the needle. When he plays in control then the accuracy is fine.

Alex22 said:
And I quote

'I have seen the score on the test and it is most definitly not a 6'

Its reported the first test was a 12 still not great but better than a 6, no confirmation on that

Yes 2nd attempt was a 16 and he plans on taking it a 3rd time and scoreing in the mid 20's

I've not seen that quote, but I'll wait for the official numbers. Thing is, how many times does he want to take it? His official score will be 12 regardless of how many times he takes it. It just adds to the litany of other issues surrounding him.

Boomer said:
I've not seen that quote, but I'll wait for the official numbers. Thing is, how many times does he want to take it? His official score will be 12 regardless of how many times he takes it. It just adds to the litany of other issues surrounding him.

I thought you could only take it three times anyway?

If he takes it again and scores a 20 or more it at least lifts some weight off the first reports I think

Boomer said:
Disagree strongly on your Vick/Young thing for reasons to be found elsewhere on this thread. You say Young dominated at a level far above Vick......Vick played for the National Title.......and as for the Wonderlich, it seems he got a 6 and then a 16 on a retake.

I am a big fan of Ko Simpson. CK isn't as high, but I regard him as a blue chip safety prospect who ran the SC defense.
I won't agrue about the wonderlic right now, all we know is that he got a 16 on his second test which is better than Marino. Vick might have played in the national title but did he win it? Young won the title and was MVP of the game, you can't say the same for Vick. Young put up the best QB rating in the nation and won an award for the best QB in the nation. he was runner up in the Heisman race. No way you can agrue that Young wasn't better than Vick in college. no comparison

Back
Top Bottom