Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Bigbucks24 said:
Do you think Edward's problems at Purdue will hurt his stock any? And where do you see him going?

I get the feeling that if things were peachy at Purdue he would be a possible 1st-2nd round guy. As things stand I feel he's more a 2nd-3rd round guy. He's got a tremendous frame and fantastic athleticism. Bargain.

nick1 said:
I won't agrue about the wonderlic right now, all we know is that he got a 16 on his second test which is better than Marino. Vick might have played in the national title but did he win it? Young won the title and was MVP of the game, you can't say the same for Vick. Young put up the best QB rating in the nation and won an award for the best QB in the nation. he was runner up in the Heisman race. No way you can agrue that Young wasn't better than Vick in college. no comparison

Nick, we have no idea that he got a 16 because the results haven't been released. The 16 is hearsay as much as the 6 was.

Marino scored a 14, but Marino didn't have to have his offense at Pitt simplified because he couldn't understand it like Young did. And he didn't have to have it simplified in Miami either.

To say there is no comparison between Vick and Young is lodd, but lets agree to disagree.

Hey Boomer and CK...who do you guys think the niners will take at the six spot...and what are the chances of the dolphins signing Julian Peterson considering Seau will most likely be cut?

ASUFinFan said:
Hey Boomer and CK...this thread is amazing, thank you both for spending soo much of your time listening and responding to everyones questions. I wish i had you guys' insight on college players and such. I have alot of questions for you both but my first is, since you both believe we will be in the contention for Brees early, say we can sign him, whats the earliest you both see him signed and in a fins uni? Also I just made a bet with my roomate for a 100 bucks in that I believe VY drops out of the top 10 and my roomate says heck no. so if he does drop out of the top 10 i win 100. what do you both think the odds are that i walk away with my roomates 100 dollars?

I agree with CK, I think March 17th is a key date, but I'm not sure, considering the huge importance of nailing a QB of the quality of Drew, that we don't let him slip away. Perhaps working under the auspices of getting checks on the shoulder, we can work towards that date, but neither Drew or his agent are fools and they won't want to get played.

As for your $100, I'd say your money is as safe as houses. I think CK and I would advise you to start looking for things to buy!

FrostyFinFan said:
Boomer or CK,

What are the chances the Dolphins look at Eslinger, the multiple award winning Center from Minnesota? I've heard that he is putting on weight for the pros, that being the only knock on him. He has the other intangibles, intelligence, work ethic, team player etc... Any chance in the 3-5 round area?

I'd also like to thank the both of you for staying with this thread, it's been the best since I started visiting this site. Your time is GREATLY appreciated!

Hi mate, glad you'e enjoying it.

No chance of Eslinger in Miami I'm afraid. He's very much a 1 scheme center, a zone blocker who would fit in with the Alex Gibbs style of offense that you find in Denver and Atlanta. He does a great job of getting out in front and pulling for Barber and Maroney, but I think he rather flunked the Combine turning in a very mediocre time which has really hurt his stock. I found it one of the oddest results of the Combine overall considering how athletic he's looked for the Gophers. I'll be interested to see the 10 yard splits of that 40 time.

But he's certainly nowhere near the top of the OC class.

nick1 said:
have you guys touched on Skyler Green yet? he has alot of speed, he ran 4.4. he seems like an explosive player who played for Saban before and I remember Saban has expressed some interest in him. any thoughts on Green?

Miami have spent some time with him in Indy, but he didn't run very well and hasn't progressed since a strong sophomore campaign. Good route runner, he could be a late round return type. If he falls out of the draft totally, I'd advocate him coming in for a look-see.

ASUFinFan said:
Hey Boomer and CK...who do you guys think the niners will take at the six spot...and what are the chances of the dolphins signing Julian Peterson considering Seau will most likely be cut?

I think AJ Hawk is the 49ers guy. Unless they have fallen in love with Vernon Davis. I think winning that coin toss ensured AJ would be a Niner.

I think Seau to Miami is a strong possibility, but the money would have to be right. I don't advocate paying over the odds for a player who isn't the same as he was pre-injury.

boomer, ck...if you had to say right now where VY would go...where would he end up?

ASUFinFan said:
boomer, ck...if you had to say right now where VY would go...where would he end up?

Dallas at 18 maybe. I will be AMAZED if he goes in the top 15. I mean he could fall a long way.

Joneal7 said:
boomer or ck could i get some info on Barrick Nealy?

Hi mate, sorry......

Barrick's a big guy, good arm, a real gun, upside potential is high, but he is really raw. A rough diamond. Could be a late round steal that, with the right coaching bears fruit in 3/4 years. He needs to iron out the inconsistency with his delivery which affects his accuracy, he needs to work on his footwork, ball placement, etc. but he's coachable. Would have been interesting to see how he worked out at Houston instead of taking the transfer after the ACL.

I'm sure Rex Hadnot will get a question or two from the staff as to what he was like back then, in case we view him as a long term project. According to the reports he struggled at the Hula Bowl practices and he could move to WR. I think he'll get a shot at QB, but with his size, he might just be an intriguing prospect at wideout or even as an H-back.

Boomer said:
Dallas at 18 maybe. I will be AMAZED if he goes in the top 15. I mean he could fall a long way.
do you think he will succeed in the NFL? I agree that he will drop but I think if Miami doesn't get Brees that Young would be a possibility

nick1 said:
do you think he will succeed in the NFL? I agree that he will drop but I think if Miami doesn't get Brees that Young would be a possibility

Were not gonna win this arguement untill he lights up the NFL, untill then people are gonna think he is Ryan Leaf with legs

You know he's good, I know he's good, he knows he's good thats what count

Alex22 said:
Were not gonna win this arguement untill he lights up the NFL, untill then people are gonna think he is Ryan Leaf with legs

You know he's good, I know he's good, he knows he's good thats what count
true

nick1 said:

Actually Ryan Leaf with legs would be kinda scary if he had his head on straight....but thats not the point

Boomer and CK dont like him and we arent gonna change their minds

Back
Top Bottom